Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wrote to Barclays with my second letter giving them 2 weeks in which to respond. They have wrote back saying:

Sorry that you have had to contact us about the level of service blah ... blah.. blah

We are looking into your concerns and will let you have an answer or update as quickly as possible, but no later than the 8th March.

Does this mean I have to wait until then and see what they say or can I keep going with my time line. By my time line I should be sending my 3rd letter (LBA) on Thursday this week. What should I do?

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please help!

When I sent my 2nd letter with the list of charges, I also added the interest charge as well, but I have just noticed that I shouldn't of done that at this stage and should of done that later on! Have I completely messed up my claim?:( I'm so annoyed with myself :x

Is someone able to tell if its still ok to carry on ..... Bugger!!!

From what I understand, it isn't great news, but it's not going to break your case. I think the courts will onlt deal with the money claim that you put in ON the claim, and that is what you will expect to be paid to you by Barclays. I suppose you could send them the 'revised' charges - ie the correct one - again, with a covering letter stating that they received the wrong charges sheet, and should remove any other copies, other than this one, from their records. then if they produce it in court, you have a letter stating the mistake. Also if they had the balls to say you were planning ahead, I'd pull out a big wadge of IDENTICAL letters sent to other people showing they also have stuff pre-planned!

So don't worry - don't do it again - but don't worry, and see if anyone else suggests a revised schedule of charges should be sent off.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Thanx Peter! :)

I'm even more confused! :confused: Doesn't take much! The 2nd letter requesting repayment charges in the letter I got from the library it said:

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £xxxx plus £xxx which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xxxx. I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

I used a calculator on the moneyexpert.com website to work out the overdraft interest, was that the right one to use? And back to orginal question should I of asked for it? I didn't change the letter in any way.

Quick query

I send my LBA tomorrow with a schedule of charges included. Now with my prelim letter I sent the letter with the charges showing the interest. Do I send the charges with the interest showing with my LBA?

I'm not sure I understand, when I wrote the prelim to them, I say how much interest I will be claiming, but can't show them the working out on the sheet? Why is this? I did send them showing, so should I do as the Lovely Peter said and send another letter and ask them to remove the orginal list and replace with this one, without the working out shown? :confused:

And if I do this do I have to give them another 2 weeks, before I send my LBA?

Have I confused you?!!! I've confused me!:confused:

Any help gratefully recieved! :)

Hi mumof3boys,

Thanx for responding really appreicate it!

What do you mean by S69 interest? Not sure if thats what I asked for or not - how do I know? I went on another website that had a calculator and used theres, as it seemed really easy!!!

Torigirl

Basically - the S69 interest is the court allowed 8% interest that you calim only when it gets to filing on MCOL.

You are doing everything fine. The interest I thought you had sent was the S69 interest, but reading above I now see it's not,so this is fine - continue as you were Including the interest you calculated. However, if I was you, I would use the sheets available on this website under interest spreadsheets or something like that, and then you can print it off - plus it will keep working out your 8% for you!!!!

It takes a little while to type it all in, but is well wiorth doing!

Peter

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

ooh... they'll be getting bombarded with LBA's!!!

i sent mine to them recorded yesterday too!!:D

you can add me to the race too!

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

Well well well l'il miss torigirl, I believe I may be better than you at this, as I had a letter yesterday offering me £455 - almost half my claim, which I take as meaning I have already half won! :D

Have look at my thread for full and final details (lol) and to see the letter I sent them - I am soooooooooooooo going to beat you, oh and Mama Bear, congrats on starting, but, erm, no chance of beating me I'm afraid! WOHOOOO!!!!

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Quick question - may sound really stupid thought, so apologies in advance!!! :p

Can I log all me details on Money claim now even though I only sent my LBA on Thursday. I just want to make sure that when the day comes I'm all ready. Is there a submit button on moneyclaim so I press that in two weeks even though I've been loading my particulars (ohhArr) before then?

Does the question make sense? I just don't want to go on money claim load every thing and then see that I have to submit it right away even though its not time yet!

Yes Torigirl :D

You can save your info on mcol (um for 30 days I think)

Innocent :)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

yeah youre probably right, but then again, they do owe me over two grand so its not suprising that theyre ignoring me!

got an RBS claim going now too...

can you claim charges beack on a loan? egg seem to have charged me loads in the last year or so, including registering a default against me - is there anything i can do about it?

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?