Torigirl Vs Barclays

torigirl_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ooh Champayne sounds good (if I wasn't 5months pregnant!!!), we should have a reunion for all the successful claimants!!! In Barbados - courtesy of Barclays!!

So we'll just wait and see how much longer they can physically drag it out!! The only part that concerns me is within the draft it says something about 14 days from the order to send all the documentation listed in points below - which I am assuming is a court bundle? Is that 14 days from today if we have not received a reply?

Will have a look at that link when I get a chance, the only problem with this site is that its addictive, I now never do any work!!! - I'm on it all the time!!

Thanks both for your help, your fab! xx

POPPY07

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the same as you I'm always looking!!! The thing about the 14 days is that if the judge says yes thats a good idea I want you to send that stuff, then he would send us directions to do that, but we don't do anything unless we hear. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we don't I just want a date and get my money back!

Congratulations on the baby!!! Is it your first? Do you know whether its a boy or girl? Sorry boys its baby talk!!!!:D

To Pops & Toz,

If, printing/photocopying three copies of the bundles doesnt bother you, there is no harm in sending them in now, then you can just sit back knowing 'job done'

Hand one copy in to the court and get a receipt

and one copy to B's

[i sent mine by Special Delivery and insured it for the same amount of the claim just in case it somehow got lost]

but make sure it goes Recorded Delivery at the very least.

oh and court details VERY clear on the front.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

So we can send them early even though we don't even have a date through?! I suppose that will give Barclays a shock when they recieve it, shows we mean business, I may have to wait a bit until work quietens down, but very tempted to get it all out of the way!:D

Yep my first, will find out monday whether its a boy or a girl, ooh can't wait its sooooo exciting!!!!!

So we just wait until we have something back from the court and go from there. We seem to be on the same timescale tori so will let you know when I hear anything.

Thanks both!!

POPPY07

Congratulations on the baby Poppy, wow, i envy you.

I have two kids aged 17 and 12 and am currently fostering a little girl aged one and a half, I would have loved to have had more kids, hence the fostering.

Good luck with both baby and claim.

Any preference boy or girl?

Caz:)

Hi Dar£n (Didn't you used to be Dar3n?) LOL

Am I right in thinking that the defendant also has to produce court bundles to argue the case from their point of view? It sticks in my mind that I saw it in a thread somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

If that's the case then they are not going anywhere near court - and they'd have to send you a copy of their bundle too - within the deadline for bundles?

Just a thought! :confused::) They won't go to all that trouble!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Thanks! Really don't mind either way tho I am convinced it is a girl, find out monday so will let you know!!!

Money will really come in handy, so hopefully Barclays will hurry up and settle!!!

POPPY07

Hi Dar£n (Didn't you used to be Dar3n?) LOL

Am I right in thinking that the defendant also has to produce court bundles to argue the case from their point of view? It sticks in my mind that I saw it in a thread somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.

If that's the case then they are not going anywhere near court - and they'd have to send you a copy of their bundle too - within the deadline for bundles?

Just a thought! :confused::) They won't go to all that trouble!

DERR NERR!!! [soz thats the best way I could spell it.]

Absolutley spot on, To date not one court bundle from Barclays has been seen

BUT>>>>>

If you dont submit yours, the same will apply to you as them, your case will not hold water, if it does go to court, which it could if B's suspect you of not submitting a bundle [as they get one too] they could pull a fast one and defend, you defaulting in submitting as requested get kicked out, Barclays the winner.

Do you really want to go to all this trouble to have them win on a technicality.

hope that made sense.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Quite right dar3n, we have to stick to doing things by the book, then they have no way out, and it also helps everybody following on behind us, they know as long as they follow the tried and tested system, they will be winners.

Made perfect sense, Dar£n, and Ithomp192

I will get a proper bundle together just in case -.....then I can do quick copies if I have to. :cool: Thanks for the advice! :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Claiming £590 in unauthorized OD fees, and £100 in interest from Barclays.

Remember "He who pays the piper calls the tune" well I've paid Barclays far too much so bloody well dance!

Morning! Its a boy!!! Can't believe it, the scan was great - saw everything, and all is in its proper place! Sooo excited i've taken the day off tomorrow to go shopping!!

Anyway have you heard anything or done anything more re Barclays?

POPPY07

nice one poppy.

my missus works on a maternity ward and if they're all like my missus you are in good hands.

i think she has spent all the money we won back already on stuff for florida in two weeks .

ah well good luck matey.:rolleyes:

Thanks both we're sooo excited!!!

Had another letter from the court yesterday:

Notice of Transfer of Proceedings

Dated:30 April 2007

To All Parties

This claim has been transferred to the Cardiff County Court for allocation. On receipt, the file will be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions. Details of the judge's decision will be sent to you in a notice of allocation.

Not really sure what all this means, do I still just wait? Haven't prepared a bundle or anything. Its been transferred from Northampton, to my local court - Bridgend, and now to Cardiff!! Have you heard anymore Tori?

POPPY07