UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lines are 'virtual' they have no legal standing whatsoever on private ground. What may be of interest s the Terms and Conditions they are claiming you saw and agreed to as part of your agreement to park n the designated area? f you saw nothing, then you can hardly have entered nto a contract, so until they can prove it, it is best to ignore them and their 14 other letters of increasing desperation to make you pay up.

If you contract them, it just prolongs the exchanges and heightens your blood pressure.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Folks,

still following the no contact advice.Just received another begging letter from them.This is the letter.......

"Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx

In good faith we agreed that the above debt could be regular instalments.However, you have once again failed to meet the terms.

IT DOES NOT SEEM UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR GOODS OR SERVICES WHICH YOU OBTAINED AND ON WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN EXTENDED CREDIT TERMS

Your default is increasing costs and we now trust that you will ACT IMMEDIATELY and send remittance to reduce your arrears.

Your failure to make payment voluntarily will give us no alternative other than to ENFORCE payment through the courts.

Kindly co-operate

CREDIT SECURITY LIMITED "

I just wish they would just come flat out and BEG.It would save them all that time writing. I am actually starting to feel anticipation of the next instalment of this saga

Thanks,

Allan

In good faith we agreed that the above debt could be regular instalments.However, you have once again failed to meet the terms.

IT DOES NOT SEEM UNREASONABLE TO EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR GOODS OR SERVICES WHICH YOU OBTAINED AND ON WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN EXTENDED CREDIT TERMS

Are they licenced and authorised through the FSA to offer extended credit terms?

The signs at Aspects, Longwell Green are typical PPC rubbish with enforcable phrases and general pony. The letters they send are a joke. I have a friend who has been through the trail with these clowns. She has successfully ignored all their threats and hasn't received any more junk for a few months now.

I would suggest you tell your friend to do likewise and get on with her life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here able to help me draft a "first response" letter to UKPC? PM me please. The person I'm advising is not the sort of person who likes to fight or ignore these things, so the standard "ignore" advice isn't going to work. They have already said to me that they might pay it, because they don't fancy all the letters that they will no doubt get. I've managed to convince them at least to not pay it for now, but unless I can convince them by producing a letter to UKPC, I can see them caving.

I essentially want UKPC to put up or shut up, e.g. either show us all evidence so that we can prepare a court case against the "charge", or do not contact us any further. Having read around, the Fraud Act, Administration of Justice Act and Protection from Harassment Acts are my best friends, but I want to make sure that if they ignore my demands, then I can push onto the next step, and not have to keep replying with the same answers (or ignoring them) until they give up.

Writing to them is never going to be a good solution. If the person you are advising is already on the back foot, then I would expect they will probably cave by the 2nd or 3rd letter from UKPC.

Nothing you write is going to stop the letters arriving. In fact, simply by writing to them, they will undoubtedly put your friend right at the top of their "must harrass even more" list, as they will take it as a good sign that they may get some money.

If you must write, read through the excellent letters Bernie_the_Bolt wrote last year before it became apparent the PPC wasn't even reading them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

I'm afraid your friend is just the kind of person they rely on trapping. Sending them a letter to 'put them straight' is just what they need. All they know is who the Registered Keeper is, nothing more, and any confirmation that the letter was actually read by someone is all it takes before the well-oiled machine and carefully crafted letters will swing into action.

If your firend is incapable of dealing with this - being a sensitive soul - then they may as well pay up now. If they are not prepared o ride out the storm, pay the charge and move on.

Thousands of others, however - would disagree with this method of dealing with the problem.

But by ignoring them, surely you then have grounds for pursuing action against them according to the terms of the Protection from Harassment Act? Surely they wouldn't want to risk that. or does action take too long for it to worry them?

Of no interest to them. This is recovery of a debt - NOT harassment, which would need to be pretty severe/extreme to become an issue at all. Sending 18 letters or so won;t be seen as such, and, as the firm sending the letters will claim they are justly attempting to claim money due for breach of contract, the issue gets even cloudier.

But by ignoring them, surely you then have grounds for pursuing action against them according to the terms of the Protection from Harassment Act?

This would probably mean involving the Police, who from what I have read from other posters have absolutely no interest in this whatsoever.

Surely they wouldn't want to risk that.

They apparently 'risk it' all the time without any fear from the authorities.

I would suggest that if your friend is not prepared to ignore these clowns then he simply gives them his hard earned money and encourage them to carry on with their [problem] business.

/quote]

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Cheers for the words of caution so far :)

However, I've read a number of times on here that some people hoped for a court case to be brought so that they could defend it (properly) and prove a point, so writing a letter demanding this outcome is surely a step in the right direction? :)

If the first letter I send them is to ask them for supporting evidence so that it can be defended in court, and to tell them that we'll only respond further if a court case is brought then the victim is more likely to accept my recommendation that all future letters received (e.g. debt collection agencies, appeals being denied and so on) can be safely ignored, as they've ignored our request in the first letter we wrote?

Surely we're not the first people to try to find a middle ground between paying and ignoring them?

Hi guys,

similar to a lot of people on here, i received a pcn from UKPC for £80, reduced to £40 etc etc.

the reason was that i was parked over 2 spaces, it was a free car park and was almost empty so i thought nothing of it.

i sent a letter saying i was not going to pay, (before i found this forum), and i think i may have hindered my defence?

you can see the letter below what i want to know is, have i ruined any chance of a defence by admitting I was driving in my first letter?

I am writing to you to appeal against my parking ticket:

Parking Charge Notice No. **************

I would firstly like to point out that at this point I am still within the 14 day period where the fine is reduced by 50%, and therefore expect this to be frozen until this appeal has been settled.

I am appealing against my parking ticket for the following reasons:

Firstly, there is not a single sign (in plain view) in the car park where I was ticketed stating that a fine will incur if you are not parked entirely in a marked bay. I have been parking in this car park for over 3 years now, and if a sign was CLEARLY visible I believe I would have noticed it.

The reason I was not parked entirely in a bay was because there was broken glass to the right of my car, which would have punctured my tyres if I had driven over it. It is your responsibility to clean up such materials. I do not condone parking over 2 spaces and it is not something that I would normally do, but because of the glass I didn’t park my car fully in the bay. I think you are also missing the point of parking fines here and simply trying to generate extra cash – the purpose of parking enforcement is to enable everyone who wants to, access to free parking, so the fact that there were over a hundred other empty spaces at that particular time suggests this is deliberately targeting motorists to try and generate extra revenue.

Finally this is a FREE car park, so how you can try to claim £80 from me is ridiculous. Under contract law it is clear that you are only able to actually claim from me any loss that you have incurred. Again because it is a free car park, there is NO loss for you to claim, which is why I will not be paying the fine.

Regards

can someone please help me out?

cheers

ben

Surely we're not the first people to try to find a middle ground between paying and ignoring them?

No, and this is a well-trodden path too. You are told your appeal is denied and that you must pay or force court action. It is like speaking to a teenager wearing headphones - the deate will not progress, and because of your response they now know they've hooked the person responsible and the serious intimidation can commence.

You are attempting to bestow a reasonale attitude on a business sector that doesn't give a toss. So when we ignore, we treat them with exactly the same level of contempt.

Do you respond to all your personally addressed junk mail too...?

you are assuming that PPCs are 'reasonable people'. Why would [problematic] who flout numerous pieces of legislation, misrepresent the truth and even on occasion lie suddenly become reasonable ? They just want your money and they don't care how they get it. To the PPCs everyone is a sucker to be fleeced. Ignore the PPC.

Purposes of the phoney 'appeals process':

• lends credence to the ticket. Victim thinks it is a genuine ticket that can be appealed

• enables parking company to size up their victim and prioritise them as they have fallen for the first part of the [problem] and so will be more likely to pay

A victim is likely to contact the parking company because:

• they have fallen for the [problem]

• they don't want to ignore and feel that contacting the company to protest will a) make them feel better b) create the possibility that they will give up sooner if they sound like they won't be paying

I think you tick a couple of these boxes Ben.

IGNORE. DO NOT CONTACT THEM.

any advice on my post above please chaps?

really don't know what i can do at the minute, feel like i have no way out of this ridiculous money making scheme?

ben

Ben,

Wasn't the three messages that follows your initial post clear enough? If it isn't, I suggest you pay up and move on as clearly this will knaw at you until you can't stand it any longer.

Can anyone advise as to how long the process is until they stop harrassing me? I've had the "payslip" style letter and have not responded in any way to calls or letters.

Also, my friends just got a ticket this lunchtime - suposedly for not getting a 1hr free parking ticket to display - yet the upkc guy took a pic as they litterally got out the car and went to look for a sign/machine.

There must be something we can do to stop this?

Dilbitini :rolleyes:

There must be something we can do to stop this?

Dilbitini :rolleyes:

There is, DON'T PAY THEM. Then eventually they will go out of business and have to work for a living.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks