CEL ANPR PCN - paid but too late - Appealed - Butterfly Walk Car Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8RW

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture] 

(must be received within 14 days from the Incident)

Please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement 16/05/2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 23/05/2023 

3 Date received 30/05/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes – I simply attached an image of the front and back of my parking ticket (as shown in the pdf) and explained as stated above, that I tried to pay online and two machines were broken so I was delayed in paying for my ticket, but my explanation was ignored. 

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes – Response letter dated 05/06/2023 has been included in my pdf. 

7 Who is the parking company? Civil Enforcement Ltd. 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Butterfly Walk Car Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8RW

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA

Hi there, I found this forum after researching to see if anyone else had received a parking charge from this company.

On the 16/05/23 as 15:49 pm, I parked in Butterfly Walk Car Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8RW, for 45 minutes.

During the first 10 minutes of my arrival I tried to pay online via the parking app, which unfortunately I can't remember the name of, however I couldn't find the app online and so proceeded to pay via the ticket machine.

The first ticket machine I approached was broken,  I went to the second machine which was at the far end of the car park. This machine was bolted up. I then approached the third ticket machine, which was the closet to the Morrison's supermarket next to the car park and proceeded to pay for my ticket.

The ticket covered me from 16:02 pm until 17:32 pm. However, I received a parking letter from the Civil Enforcement parking company on the 30/05/2023 saying that I owe them £60 for not paying for my parking ticket.

I appealed against this stating that I did pay for parking, but that it took me several minutes as all of their payment service machines were out of order. I also attached a front and back image of my parking ticket, which I luckily still had.

However, I've now received a second letter that states that my appeal has been unsuccessful as I didn't pay for my parking ticket within the first ten minutes of me arriving in the car park - I was 3 minutes over. They've ignored my reasoning and stated that if I wish to appeal I need to go to POPLA.

I would love some advice from anyone who can help me. I'm not sure whether to appeal, or what else I can do.

I've filled out all of the necessary questions from the questionnaire below, and attached a pdf with all the documents I've received so far.

The first page is my original notice, the second features my parking ticket and the third is of the letter that states the unsuccessful state of my appeal.

Thank you so much in advance for any advice! 

Parking Information - Notice, Ticket & Appeal rejection.pdf

where does it say its a FINE please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to CEL ANPR PCN - paid but too late - Appealed - Butterfly Walk Car Park, Denmark Hill, London, SE5 8RW

There was no point in appealing to CEL.  They are a bunch of charlatans.  I have no doubt they are well aware of the broken machines and leave them broken so they can issue these charges.

In the past Morrisons have been pretty decent in cancelling these invoices.  i don't know if that is still the case.  However, nothing ventured ...  Write to the CEO of Morrisons  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9092  explain what happened, show your proof of buying a ticket, also enclose any proof of purchase at the shop - and keep fingers crossed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is the car park local to you?

It's just that on Google street view in August last year, the car park was apparently run by a company called "ABC Facilities Management". See link below...

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

If the signage is still the same, the fleecers have absolutely no chance of going anywhere with this.

Also, it sounds like you probably "outed" yourself as the driver in your appeal?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Thank you everyone, I will contact Morrisons to see if anything can be done.

I'll upload the front and back of my notice to keeper asap. 

Unfortunately the car park isn't local to me, I was visiting London and just used it because I needed something from a local shop. 

Thanks for all your help so far 

Dis you identify yourself as the driver in that appeal?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!