New Generation vanishing windscreen CCTV PCN Now Claimform - Not parked within the confines of a marked bay - Malpas Road Shopping Centre NP20 6WB

Received a PCN when driving into a small retail park and after reversing into a disabled parking space to enable me to turn around and leave the retail park.

Time from entering the retail park and leaving was 5 minutes and the reason it was this long was because it was busy and another car was doing exactly the same as me, the other car was to the side of me I had to wait for them to reverse and drive out so I could do the same.

I never parked, left the car or switched my engine off and as previously stated was only in the retail park for 5 mins.

Advice on how to constructively appeal this would be gratefully appreciated 

there is a mandatory 10mins min grace period.

BB Bays mean nothing on private land

please complete this:

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 Date of the infringement 24/01/2023

2 Date on the NTK 31/01/2023

3 Date received 04/02/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N- Cannot see this mentioned, it keeps referring to the clear signage in and around the site. 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] Not yet

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] N/A

7 Who is the parking company? New Generation Parking Management

8. Where exactly? Malpas Road Shopping Centre NP20 6WB

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IPC

NTK.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to New Generation PCN - Not parked within the confines of a marked bay - Malpas Road Shopping Centre NP20 6WB

so not parked within lines, eh?

that means they should have put a ticket on your windscreen. i bet there are no photos taken either.

this will be a CCTV system being used to trap people.

so speculative invoice is faulty, 

sit on your hands

dx

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

go up on that website they mention and get all the photos please

do it soon b4 they hide them.

• Like 1

and they

You'll see in the photos that I started to reverse so I could turnaround, opposite you can see a grey Vauxhall that had reversed into a parking space so waited for them to park 

then a red Audi also started reversing, next to me, to turn around  - had to wait for them before pulling out and leaving.

Not once did I leave the car.

Literally was 5 mins between entering and leaving the retail park.

Entering and leaving

Photos.pdf

Where to start?

No keeper liability as there bilge wasn't sent out in accordance with the Protection of Freedoms Act.

Not a parking event.

A "stay" of four minutes and one second, within the consideration period.

This is going nowhere.  They won't do court, and if the did they would lose.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

they might send more threatograms, but if they did try court they would not get far.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you do want a "field day" at the idiots' expense, then SAR them tomorrow.

After the paragraph -

For the avoidance of doubt, and as stated above, this Subject Access Request requires disclosure of ALL personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you

Add -

It certainly involves CCTV footage and photos taken from CCTV footage.

The imbeciles will have the choice of (a) respecting the SAR request and having to send all the CCTV stuff which will completely back up what you've told us, or (b) not complying with their statutory duty and leaving themselves open to be sued.

Recently a couple of Caggers have made £200 this way.

If you do do this, get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

who said appeal?

yours is now not the next move

await if/when they ever send a letter of claim

dx

and they

Yes.  Why on earth did you appeal?  No-one advised you to do that.  Nowhere on any threads on the forum do we say to appeal.  Why?  Because the PPCs never, ever, ever accept appeals (as in this case) and motorists invariably throw away legal protections (it's now irrelevant whether they have respected Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act as you've outed yourself as the driver - Therefore you have not provided me with a reasonable period to enter premises, consider the terms and conditions that apply, decide whether or not to park there, and either find a space or leave the car park before becoming liable to any parking charge).

We said to consider sending a SAR to get your hands on the CCTV footage.  Not to appeal.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ By appealing you have actually thrown away ant POFA protection, now it makes things more difficult but not absolutely irrecoverable.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have messed this up then?

Sorry guys for not interpreting the advice you provided, I was trying to get advice to appeal it but re-reading the posts now I can see I totally went against your advice/recommendation.

Is it too late to do the SAR or do I just sit tight now?

Edited by dx100uk
please dont swear

Don't worry.

You had a load of arguments against them before your appeal.  For example - no keeper liability so no-one to take to court; not a parking event; stay within the consideration period, etc.

Now one of those reasons has been lost as you've outed yourself as the driver, but all the others remain.  What you've done isn't fatal.  All of us here have made mistakes when in legal dispute, the point is to learn from the mistakes for the future.

Yes, send the SAR in the way suggested six posts above.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2023 at 15:25, dx100uk said:

sit on your hands

you've not only given away who was driving thus losing your legal protection under pofa 2012, you've also told them how your will be defending a court claim if they are brave enough. ut there are other reasons,

not too fatal but for future readers never ever ever appeal unless one of cag's experts specifically tells you too and states what exactly to write.

dx

• Confused 1

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to New Generation vanishing windscreen CCTV PCN - Not parked within the confines of a marked bay - Malpas Road Shopping Centre NP20 6WB

It's not all bad guys.

In one way, the OP's appeal may be useful later down the line.

It is now on record that the fleecers have been made aware of the 5 minute grace period.

(Even though they've been too stupid to drop the whole thing).

If they carry it on to court, any judge should kick them all over the room.

The OP would also have a very good GDPR case afterwards.

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

No period of parking mentioned on the PCN-a requirement of PoFA.  The photographs show the times of entering and leaving which is not a period of parking. This is evidenced   by the fact that your car took almost two minutes to get to the disabled spot and still hadn't parked by then. 

Presumably it would have taken around another couple of minutes to drive out of the car park so the time actually spent in the disabled area had to be less than 90 seconds. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I have now received a court claim form, probably due to me totally messing it up and not listening to people on here.

Feel embarrassed to ask for advice but here goes as this is a principle thing and not a money thing and I don't want to be bullied by these companies especially when the PCN issued is an absolute joke.

1.    The Defendant (D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle ******* at Malpas Road Shopping Centre NP20 6WB.
2.    The PCN(s) were issued on 24/01/2023
3.    The defendant is pursued as the driver of the vehicle for breach of the terms on the signs (the contract). Reason: Not Parked Within The Confines Of A Marked Bay
4.    In the alternative the defendant is pursued as the keeper pursuant to POFA 2012, Schedule 4.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1.    £160 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.
2.    Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of£.02 until judgment or sooner payment.
3.    Costs and court fees

How do I respond? 🙏

Claim Form.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to New Generation vanishing windscreen CCTV PCN Now Claimform - Not parked within the confines of a marked bay - Malpas Road Shopping Centre NP20 6WB

please complete this:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

.register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.
then log in to the MCOL Website

.select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

.then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

.get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

.you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

since you were last here 11months ago, have you received a letter of claim?

dx

and they