UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lisa

Expect one more from Graham White and then you're at the end of the process.

They cannot send in bailiffs unless they take you to court, you lose and you still refuse to pay. It's simply not going to happen. This is a mail [problem] anyway - [problem] revolves around threatening court, not actually going through with it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bailiffs...? Yes they can - BUT, they've a long long LONG way to go before they can even get near instructing anyone to pursue you. But they won't.

You're only worth it if you pay up and make them a profit. Which you won't, if you continue to treat them with they contempt they treat YOU!

I just wish that they'd send all their letters and get it over and done with.

Just to let you know my situation. I had the usual stuff from UKPC starting in November that everyone seems to get and then the Roxburghe letters started. I had about 6 or 7 of them and all went quiet around March time. Then about 6 weeks later they started coming from Scotcall, I've had a couple of them now but it's gone quiet again and I haven't heard from them for over a month.

I just find it stupid that they keep threatening and, when these threats are ignored, they just keep on threatening. It reminds me of the London policeman in an old Robin Williams joke:

Los Angeles Policeman: BANG! Stop or I'll shoot.

New York Policeman: Stop or I'll shoot. BANG!

London Policeman: Stop! Or I'll shout 'STOP' again.

What...? And lose the ONLY leverage they have? They depend on the stort-start nature to wear people down. Sending all the letters one after the other won't achieve the desired effect - if it did, and folk paid up, that would be the tactic they'd use!

I had the usual stuff from UKPC starting in November that everyone seems to get and then the Roxburghe letters started. I had about 6 or 7 of them and all went quiet around March time. Then about 6 weeks later they started coming from Scotcall, I've had a couple of them now but it's gone quiet again and I haven't heard from them for over a month.

Reeks of desperation to me. So many people go on the internet now and find out about the [problem], takings are declining.

Still on my first 1.

looking foreward to making paper planes for the kids.:)

still gonna ignore.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

I have ignored all letters from both UKPC and Rossendales. I am now receiving phone calls from Rossendales even though i am ex directory?

They call and say can they speak to Mr.............. I say who's calling and they reply they have a call for Mr ............. I then say you can't speak to him. they reply why not. I then hang up.

Anyone else getting such calls and is this the best way to deal with them?

You've sort of invited this by your response. Having confirmed that you are who they are looking for, you're not on the phone list as well - and it is much more economical to phone than send a letter.

Let's address some of the issues; Ex Directory only means it is not in the BT Phone book. A google search of the name and address they have for you will probably bring up the number where you've willingly provided it, either on line, to a marketing company or by disclosing it to another firm (or your credit file, if they're take the illegal route).

They ask to Speak to Mr A, why say they cannot speak to him? The only reason to reject their call it to state you;re not aware of anyone of that name at your number. THAT would have killed it on the first call, but your actions have simply made this route impossible now. All you can do now is let thier calls go to Voicemail or if you see their number calling just ignore it - they will move on... eventually.

Next time they ring, say "Yes, of course. I'll just go and get him."

Put the handset down on the table and just leave it there.

(You can run a book with family members as to how long they will hang on:-D)

As above or "To protect himself from the numerous [problematic] out there Mr xxxx does not take anonymous phone calls. He finds that honest businesses have no problem identifying themselves. Now, who is calling please ?" And if you use this then record the call without telling them. if they do identify themselves then use the "Thank You. Please hold on" and go and watch a film.

Hi. Just got my 12th letter again from Credit Security Ltd. They're back on their 14 day between letters schedule. Its a NOTICE OF ACTION and says they intend to give instructions for legal action to be commenced against me. This could add extra costs to the amount already due. IT IS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO PROTECT YOUR CREDIT REPUTATION and legal action will be withdrawn providing full settlement is in our hands within the next 7 DAYS. Could it be coming to an end I wonder?

(IT IS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO PROTECT YOUR CREDIT REPUTATION)

They seem to try allsorts only 11 letters to go for me then.

Just out of interest Carlanon did you contact them at all.

Edited by Like-Im-Being-Ripped-Off

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

Hi. No I haven't contacted them at all. When I was given the first ticket, by the person had been driving my vehicle, I was gobsmacked and thought it was most odd that the ticket had been issued for the crime of parking over 2 bays and in a disabled car park space so I googled the UKPC charge and found this site. I read through the whole thread and decided to go with the ignoring the letters recommendation. I must admit though, as each one got decidedly more threatening, I wondered if I was doing the right thing so I would come back to the forum and read what others had done and I found the courage to just keep going. Even now, I can but hope that I'm doing the best thing and that it doesn't end up with me in court. Even in my weaker moments I still can't believe that this is a ligitimate charge.

Hi. No I haven't contacted them at all. When I was given the first ticket, by the person had been driving my vehicle, I was gobsmacked and thought it was most odd that the ticket had been issued for the crime of parking over 2 bays and in a disabled car park space so I googled the UKPC charge and found this site. I read through the whole thread and decided to go with the ignoring the letters recommendation. I must admit though, as each one got decidedly more threatening, I wondered if I was doing the right thing so I would come back to the forum and read what others had done and I found the courage to just keep going. Even now, I can but hope that I'm doing the best thing and that it doesn't end up with me in court. Even in my weaker moments I still can't believe that this is a ligitimate charge.

Well Carlanon,

just got my second letter in the last few minutes of this reply to your post (FINAL REMINDER) they now want £90. im still gonna ignore i was not the driver.

so keep your chinn up were alltogether on this. they can take to court and i will win, as DVLA say just cause the car is in my name it don't mean that i own it.

I let lots of people drive it as they are insured to.

I was issued with a Parking Charge Notice, demanding £30, from a private company yesterday after the alleged 'offence' not parked in bay. there wasn't any notice when you come in from both sides of the car park and nothing next to the 'pay and display' meter. after i got the ticket i checked the car park and there were 2 notices only between the car bays. where do i stand

I was issued with a Parking Charge Notice, demanding £30, from a private company yesterday after the alleged 'offence' not parked in bay. there wasn't any notice when you come in from both sides of the car park and nothing next to the 'pay and display' meter. after i got the ticket i checked the car park and there were 2 notices only between the car bays. where do i stand

loaih

If a private carpark ignore like us, if you were the driver then that's a different matter.

GOOD LUCK to all of us.8)

?

Whether you were the driver, or not, it's just an unenforceable invoice.

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore any threatening, lying junkmail from them or their powerless 'debt' collectors

• they will give up and go away

I've now had a letter from ScotCall threatening a Doorstep Call - does anyone have any experience with them? My doorstep is not really much too look at so not sure why they want to vist it it though!!

Still getting calls almost daily from UKPC, I'm ignoring them but it is becoming a hassle. My other half answered one other day tho and said I was not in, asked to take a message and the girl said she was a friend wanting to speak to me - can't remember the name she used - but I don't know anyone by the name she gave and we knew it was them - there must be something I can do to stop these calls which are now all too frequent - anyone know?

Thanks, Dilbitini

Edited by dilbitini
spelling

No - you cannot stop them, short of changing your number, which is a bit drastic. DO record these interactions - since they're stooping to the levels of deceit, even if there were ways to prevent such calls, they'd circumvent them.

Be secure in the knowledge that you're not alone, and they move on to the next on the list after they fail miserably with you!

No - you cannot stop them, short of changing your number, which is a bit drastic. DO record these interactions - since they're stooping to the levels of deceit, even if there were ways to prevent such calls, they'd circumvent them.

Be secure in the knowledge that you're not alone, and they move on to the next on the list after they fail miserably with you!

as buzby said you can change your number, first time dont cost and is done usually in a couple of hrs, at the most 24hrs. then go exdirectory.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4788 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks