UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which law requires you to 'see three pictures'? There is no requirement, only a courtesy - but all this is immaterial, UKPC cannot issue 'tickets' only invoces, which you are at liberty to pay or ignore as you wish. I suggest you do the latter.

However, as they do not have any other address other than the RK details (and perhaps you, if you wrote to them), they will pursue the RK, who will pay up regardless, and then bill your credit card/surety for the hire.

When you took the courtesy car, did you have to register your credit card with them and/or use your credit card to pay for your vehicle repair? If so, there may have been something in the small print saying you accept responsibility for "traffic offences and parking fines". Now, I know this isn't a real fine, but if the garage have access to your credit card details, they may well pay the scamvoice and charge it on to you through your CC claiming they thought it WAS a real parking fine.

In this case what I would do is notify your credit card company that you have lost your card and can they pleasse re-issue a new one. :)

I have a motability car, and the courtesy car was because my car was being serviced, they have none of my card details. Would I just be better off paying this one, as much as I hate to, and then remember for next time...

• 2 weeks later...

I got a nice letter in the post this morning after UKPC decided to ignore my every letter to them re the McDonald's car park incident in Hull. Their chums at Debt Recovery Plus Ltd are trying to get me to believe that I now owe £153.75. (Just imagine all the dirty Big Macs I could have bought with that? Shame I'm not a fan of McDonald's food really.)

The letter from Debt Recovery Plus states: "As a member of the British Parking Association, (BPA) and its Approved Operators Scheme (AOS) we adhere to its code of practice." ..... strange? I didn't realise Debt Recovery Plus Ltd were members of the British Parking Association. (I refer you to this post I found VERY interesting ... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/137721-why-british-parking-association.html )

Anyway. They're just going to get a letter back from me saying that the alledged 'debt' is still in dispute and therefore they have no right to force this kind of action upon me. In hindsight I wish I'd have seen this forum before and ignored every letter, but when people (read: bailiffs, theives, take your pick) are threatening to break into your home and take posessions out of your home, the line has been crossed.

Don't write to them. Just ignore. They'll send about 4 or 5 letters in total, each threatening you with CCJs and things. The price will go up, then with the last one, the price will drop back down in one last desperate bid to get you to pay. Then they'll stop...

If you keep writing to them, you'll only encourage them to send more letters and end up wasting money on stamps...

Ignore...

"and end up wasting money on stamps..." ?

On the [very] few occasions that I've sent letters to PPC's, I've never bothered with the formality of stamps!

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I need help. My car was parked in Slough Trading Estate in the B&Q car Park and those wonderful people at UKPC gave me a ticket for a vehicle parked out of marked bay.

This is what I sent to UKPC appeals of which I have had to send it 4 times.

"1)There was a large old people home’s van parked next to me so in order for them to enter and disembark. I had to park outside of the bay.

2)The car park was quite empty which is why I thought nobody would complain and I had parked quite far away from the shops to not hinder or annoyance anyone.

I understand and realise that even though my car was parked outside of the marked bay, but please let us use some common sense, how are the OAP’s supposed to exit or enter the vehicle if my car is parked right next to them? My car was not in anyone’s way and I was only parked for about 20 minutes. I also understand that I could have parked elsewhere, as the car park was quite empty and with hindsight I suppose I should off.

As it is the first time that I have received a parking fine from you please could you authorise this appeal and see the reasons that I have provided. I am sure that you and your company are only trying to maintain parking and will see the common sense."

What else do you think I should do? I gave UKPC a ring today and they still did'nt recevice the appeals even though I sent it 4 times using their website.

Regards.

IMAG0218B.jpg

Edited by kwan88
Mising Info

I need help. My car was parked in Slough Trading Estate in the B&Q car Park and those wonderful people at UKPC gave me a ticket for a vehicle parked out of marked bay.

This is what I sent to UKPC appeals of which I have had to send it 4 times.

"1)There was a large old people home’s van parked next to me so in order for them to enter and disembark. I had to park outside of the bay.

I agree that it's unfair to charge you for parking outside a bay, but what about the many other parking spaces dotted around?

Sorry to sound like an old git (I'm 26), but it really grinds my gears when people park like that.

It's no good to me, with hindsight I should n't went to B&Q. I should'nt off been polite and let OAP able to get back into the van.

BTW it grinds you because other people have better cars and park in that way to avoid there doors being hit. That grinds me.

It's no good to me, with hindsight I should n't went to B&Q. I should'nt off been polite and let OAP able to get back into the van.

BTW it grinds you because other people have better cars and park in that way to avoid there doors being hit. That grinds me.

Your logic is askew, surely if that were your reasoning you'd have parked in one of the many spaces far away from the OAP bus and entirely avoid the prospect of being hit.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate, as I said I don't agree with you being charged for it, I just think it's very inconsiderate whether the car park is empty or not. If it fills up while you're in there you're denying another person a parking space because you simply didn't want to bother parking correctly in the first place, and that's why it grinds my gears. I'd dispense with the ad hominems if you really seek to justify it.

its a [problem] invoice you dont owe them anything , take time to read about this [causing problems] parking bully boys, the online advice is IGNORE and keep your dosh

you will see how the [problem] works and its simple to beat them just ignore their stupid 4 - 8 letters they send claiming what they MAY do

stop talking to them or contacting them the APPEAL does not exist , they want to [problem] you for the dosh

and remember regardless of what others want to say about parking and other people etc etc , its a [problem] IT IS NOT A REAL PARKING TICKET in the first place

Edited by kiptower

Kwan88 - it is not a fine. As has already been said, from now on ignore all correspondence.

Having said that, I can't help feeling that when you say that you parked across two bays to help old people leave the bus is an attempt to justify thoughtless, and lazy, parking.

After all you could have parked in the bay behind you, or to your left, or even in the row in front.

However we are not here to judge, but to give advice - and that is to never correspond with a PPC, ignore their communications, and perhaps in the future try and avoid ttracting the attentions of a parking attendent.

Kwan,

You are taking them too seriously, You are completely wasting YOUR time and Money with an appeal, I'll tell you the result of your appeal right now, 'Appeal rejected'.

You do realise that you are dealing with a [problem], don't you?

Ignore them completely you are giving them the credibility they crave.

STOP CONTACTING THEM.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

While the advice will always be to ignore the PPC and never reply to their scamvoices, seeing as you have gone to the trouble of uploading the pic of your car, you are also going to invite comments about the abismal state of your parking, as by anyones standards, it's pretty cr*p!! :D

After reading this forum you all gave me the strength to fight these corrupt con men after a parking ticket was placed on my car for a £90 fine, but of course if i had paid it within 14 days they would reduce it to £50, how kind !! I have as advised by this forum sent off a letter (recorded) to ukpc to let them know i am not going to pay. Watch this space. :D

cnv00002.jpg

Edited by notgettingmymoney

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks