• Tweets

• Homer did say not to contact DR+.   If that's all the paperwork you have, sit tight and see if a letter before claim/action turns up. If you get one - and you may not, come back here and we'll help you to write back.    Or if you get more threatograms, let us know and we'll let you know if you need to take any action. In the meantime don't write to anyone and keep any correspondence for now.    HB
    • Hi DX   That is the only info letter I have we can't locate the first letter or original parking fine notification My wife said there wasn't  anything on the car windscreen. Do I ask the DC for the original notification ?   what shall I do just wait until they pursue through court ?   apologies for lack of info  Cancookwill
    • Hello, I've been following this thread and have some experience to share... Stand by for lots of words.   About 6 weeks ago, the engine seized on my car - 10 days before planning to use it for our 2 week trip around the UK!  I searched the internet for companies who could replace/rebuild the engine and get it back to me in time... One company that came up was 169 UK. I called the number and explained my predicament and the chap on the phone (who called himself Lee - I'm not convinced this was his real name) promised that if the vehicle got to him the next day or so, he'd have it done in time for our holiday!. He gave all kinds of reassurances about the types of vehicles they work on, from Porsches etc, even people from Spain taking their cars to him.. All work came through 3rd party websites (how i'd found them too) so you generally wont find reviews.    I was weary going into this, but you got to put your faith somewhere, right? so off it went on a trailer to Essex. NOW... I'd already asked where it would be going and I also tracked it by leaving a mobile phone hidden in the car. Interestingly, the place i was told i'd be collecting it from was not the same place the recovery guy (called Patrick?) told me he was delivering it to..    Anyway, they get the car and straight away tell me that the sump is full of diesel and that my ECU is faulty and its locked open one bank of injectors - causing the failure. All of this is feasible, but it meant that the car would not be ready in time for my holiday  He also tells me the DPF's (i'm sure it only has one, but he referred to there being more) were also completely blocked solid and needed to be dealt with (in this case, drilled and mapped out - which is also illegal) All of these little extras have now taken the cost from £3500 to nearly £5000  - as he was " putting together a special package for me" I tell him ok, i'm now away for 2 weeks so you have a little more time, i'll collect it when i get back.  I call him on the Friday before we travel home, asking how its going... he says "well, we aven't done it.. you said you were gonna be away for 2 weeks" apparently he marked to dairy wrong. So i call him again on the Monday following, I say I want to collect it that Thursday... not unreasonable. He then starts with the excuses that he has loads of guys off sick at the moment etc.. BUT, The car IS in the workshop and the boys ARE getting on with it. I say, OK.. but keep me updated daily as i need to make arrangements to come and get it. Tuesday passes without a word, so Wednesday morning i txt him asking for an update. He called me back around and hour later to tell me that the ECU they sourced for me is also faulty (they tested it before fitting it as they're nice like that) and it has water damage so he has to get another one, but that isn't going to get to him until the following Tuesday - which brings us up to this week.   Everything up until this point has been feasible if not a little annoying, BUT here is where is gets good...  On Sunday i happened to be in Essex on other business so decided to swing by Basildon and see if i could find my car. Knowing where it had been dropped off before the tracking phone died, i had a good idea where to look. And i also had the address of the garage where i'd be picking it up from. Hoping to not find it too easily - after all, it was being worked on on the Monday; Imagine my surprise to find it in the exact location it had been dropped off 4 weeks previously!  I lifted the bonnet - nothing had been touched.  The amount of dust on the bodywork and distinct lack of any hand prints etc strongly indicated that nothing had been touched and it certainly hadn't been moved in all that time. He may well have taken the ECU out to test but put it back, that's easy to do - but there is now way to tell from there that the DPF is blocked without removing it, or having full access to the ECU - which is faulty, remember?  It had all been LIES.  Now i am annoyed, but informed and he doesn't know that i know he's been lying to me.  I spent the next couple of days talking to various people i know and arranged my own recovery to get the car back - even if that meant effectively stealing it back. Long story short, i had it collected and got it back to me last night.  The guy who collected it went to the garage i'd been told i'd be collecting it from - Unit 28 Noble Square( Essex car and Commercial) and asked for Lee... Low and behold no-one by that name works there and the car (and others parked in the same place) were nothing to do with them! but then one guy did say "oh hang on, i think i know who you mean, let me give him a call"... 10 minutes later, 'Lee' showed up.  My man then had to endure conversation with this charlatan, but did glean some information that might be of interest.  "LEE" doesn't directly do any of this work... he takes on jobs, maybe up to 30 at a time and then farms them out to local garages. This explains why nothing had been done and why so many others get stuck in this net.   I was surprised that he was calm and didn't get the hump about me taking the car back, i still don't really understand what the scam is, but there definitely is one.  I think i've been very lucky that no money has been paid, i owe him nothing and i got out of there.  The amount of mental anguish and anxiety this has caused me has been extreme.  Now i'm back to square one, still with a broken car. But i'm only £500 out of pocket (for the recovery each way) and not £5k that it was supposedly going to cost... at some point, who knows when!     
    • Good luck from me as well Dixon, fingers crossed.    HB
    • Last time, the Judge provided me with, I would say, the most amount of time to speak. She started with HMRC, and they moved on to me. Essentially, since HMRC last responded to me (the original document I scribbled notes on), I feel it's right I should go first and just comment on each of their responses.   I'll leave sending that link to them, just in case HMRC then find something against it. I'll just bring it up, and mention the above quotes.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, this is my first post here. I have been issued with a PCN from UKPC, I have already attempted an appeal with them but im pretty sure im just getting their bog standard reply letters, especially after reading posts on this website and others like it for the past 2 hours lol!

As I have already appealed through their website, and then after receiving their first letter I sent them an email, Ive now received a second letter warning me to pay or the matter will be passed to a debt recovery agency! I was going to just pay up but now having second thoughts after doing a lot of reading up on UKPC. Below is a copy of the email I sent them last week. Any advice on what I should do next would be good. Obviously I have admitted to them that I was the driver now.

One thing I am going to do though is go back to this car park and check what signage there is and what they say.

------------

Hello,

I am writing regarding PCN No. xxxxxxxxx relating to vehicle registration xxxxxx. I made an appeal online regarding the issuing of this parking ticket and have since recieved a letter from you declining my appeal.

I am really not happy in this matter and really do feel the ticket was issued unfairly. Especially since your own staff which I spoke to on the day of the ticket being issued aggree with me!!

The letter you have sent has not covered any of the reasons I gave in my online appeal and it appears you have not taken into consideration my view point.

To re-itterate from my original appeal: The car in question is a rare, classic car, a xxxxxxx, it is not my everyday car. The reason I was visiting Ashton Moss that day was to look at possibly arranging the promotional use of the car for xxxxxxxxxxx.

The car is quite wide, more so than normal cars, add to this the fact that the doors open un-usually (as in outwards then upwards - Gull wing doors) and the fact that because of the type of car it is I didnt want to risk somebody parking very close to me I decided to park accross two parking bays. I was not on site long and didnt think this would be an issue. Mainly because it was blatently obvious that if I parked this car normally it would be tight in the bay, possibly meaning someone would end up trying to squeeze in beside the car, getting too close. Also that since this was 14:00 on a friday afternoon and the car park is so big and was mostly empty I couldnt see it being an issue, this really being the main reason I did it - there are hundreds of unused spaces available at the time! Meaning it would bother no one.

I came back to find a parking notice on the windscreen along with a scratch on the screen which I KNOW was not there previously.

I find it rediculas that when I parked a rare car which attracts a lot of attention from poeple, practically for a short period of time, harming no one at all, in a mostly empty car park I was issued a ticket. I understand the rule you have, but I have to admit I didnt even know about the rule at this car park before the incident, I didnt blatently flout it, I thought because the car park is not a pay and display one, that it wouldnt even have parking attendants, I was surprised to find out it did have attendants. The ticket issued is due to parking over into another bay, however the car park was not short of space! and I had good reason for it. I didnt want to risk another vehicle parking too close while I wasnt there to long anyway.

I spoke to your staff in the parking/security office. The person I spoke to understood where I was coming from, and aggreed straight away and told me that he knew that if Id have parked normally I would have had someone inevitibly squeeze in beside me, my car being wide and with the type of doors it has he understood. He told me his colleague issued the ticket and that he even disaggreed with his colleague and told him so at the time. He told me if it had been him, he would have made an exception. They had been watching the car on security cameras and noticed the attention it gets from poeple. However he told me the ticket was logged on the system and I would have to appeal on line, which I did.

As I said I understand the rules, but ask you make an exception in this case. The car park was mainly empty, in the time of day when the place is not busy at all, I was in a unusual car, which I do not want to risk being damaged in any way, so I wouldnt risk other cars squeezing in beside it, it was attracting a lot of attention from other visitors, and bothering no one at all. I do not aggree with this PCN and to make it more frustrating some of your own staff on this site aggreed with me and my reasons here.

To make it even more frustrating, the PCN wasnt even filled out correctly, the vehicle make is stated completely wrong, the vehicle make stated as DODGE, wrong.

And as ive said there is a visible mark on the windscreen of the car, I know this wasnt there before, the car is in mint condition and well looked after, I dont know what caused it, I can only guess what caused it, but this adds to my frustration!!

I cant believe you can seriously justify a £80 penalty for this, even if it is the reduced £40 rate, I still find this day light robbery. You call this an offence, who was offended???

Please reconsider this PCN.

Regards,

Not sure whether this is worth persuing so any advice is welcome. I know I parked the car over into another bay, am not refuting that but I still think it is unfair, as it was bothering no one, the car park was mostly empty, otherwise I wouldnt have done it.

Cheers.

Illegible/overwritten PCN

Recently I recieved PCN and I am in the wrong, though I did not knew as I have seen many parking there before. Anyway the notice is not legible/overwritten as it is completely malaligned.

1. I cannot read the PCN number / I showed to few my friends and they could not read either.

2. The spece for reduced fine and full fine is empty.

3. All writting is malaligned and there are many numbers all over the place, like time, attendant number, the fine etc. The amount of fine is also overwritten and I cannot read it at all.

Can I challenge the PCN based on not issuing the notice properly?

The attendant not taking reasonable care to issue the notice

If they reject the appeal, what should I do?

Sorry - I didnt know how to start a new thread and posted as reply.

I've just had another letter from Court Proceedings saying this is the Final Notice before County Court Action. I am ignoring it as I have ignored everything - bar the first letter when I emailed and stated my disablity etc, but of course got no reply. I just hope someone will visit me with a fruit cake with a file in!

hey guys *waves*

i found this place just after i got my second letter from UKPC.

my first letter was a fine claiming they had photographic evidence of my parking in mcdonalds, i have never been in mcdonalds in my life i was actually parked in the cinema.

i immediately posted an appeal (i maybe should have done some searching first)

got my second letter today saying...

`the PCN was issued correctly according to the DVLA code of practice for the management of camera controlled private car parks and british association guidelines`

it goes on to say the terms and conditions are clearly displayed throughout the carpark, there not of course.

looking though the many internet post it looks like i should ignore this?

any advice?

thanks

Edited by flashpants

hey guys *waves*

i found this place just after i got my second letter from UKPC.

my first letter was a fine claiming they had photographic evidence of my parking in mcdonalds, i have never been in mcdonalds in my life i was actually parked in the cinema.

i immediately posted an appeal (i maybe should have done some searching first)

got my second letter today saying...

`the PCN was issued correctly according to the DVLA code of practice for the management of camera controlled private car parks and british association guidelines`

it goes on to say the terms and conditions are clearly displayed throughout the carpark, there not of course.

looking though the many internet post it looks like i should ignore this?

any advice?

thanks

Yes your instinct is right, ignore and all the subsequent rubbish they will send you.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Illegible/overwritten PCN

Recently I recieved PCN and I am in the wrong, though I did not knew as I have seen many parking there before. Anyway the notice is not legible/overwritten as it is completely malaligned.

1. I cannot read the PCN number / I showed to few my friends and they could not read either.

2. The spece for reduced fine and full fine is empty.

3. All writting is malaligned and there are many numbers all over the place, like time, attendant number, the fine etc. The amount of fine is also overwritten and I cannot read it at all.

Can I challenge the PCN based on not issuing the notice properly?

The attendant not taking reasonable care to issue the notice

If they reject the appeal, what should I do?

Sorry - I didnt know how to start a new thread and posted as reply.

Who issued the pcn to you?

Was it the council/police or a private parking company?

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Private companies CAN issue legitimate PCNs. Many Council's now outsource their services, so it is no guarantee that a private contractor is playing the usual game - where were you parked, a store or retail car park? If so, the PCN's are only invitations to pay, and invoice if you like. Ans yes, most folk assume that if the DVL:A have handed out their details, thew claim is legit. (Which is of course nnsense!).

the notice wording is interesting.

A PARKING CHARGE OF £ --- IS PAYABLE WITHIN 28 DAYS.A REDUCED CHARGE OF£ --- IS PAYABLE IF PAYMENT.....

THIS PARKING CHARGE NOTICE HAS BEEN LAWFULLY ISSUED.

......CIVIL ACTION BEING TAKEN TO RECOVER PARKING CHARGE.

Everywhere they used the word 'parking charge'. It is a free car park and can they charge parking fee if the car is parked outside a parking bay in a free car park. I can understand the right to fine for 'illegal parking' but parking charge for parking outside a bay?

English is a wonderful language - multiple meanings for the same word. You a mean to think their 'charge' is the same as a criminal wrong. But it is only descriptive, like a telephone charge.... it's all very 'uncivil'...

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks