UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why? Because it hold out the false hope of a solution to a problem. Any 'normal' person would see this as an indication that they wish to be 'reasonable' and resolve the issue, when we all know all they are doing is coercing a response to allow their debt collection procedure to kick-up a notch.

Clever, devious and of course, totally misleading.

Hi all, havent posted on here for a while, but just wanted to mention something.

This is aimed more at the people who can't quite see this is a [problem].

I must have had at least 30 letters from UKPC and all the names mentioned above, debt collectors and solictors and so on, I got quite used to getting these in my post box, and I found it quite amusing reading some, I didnt open all for obvious reasons, they were just duplicates, but when they would say this is the final chance, then week after I get another final chance, kinda makes u think is it a kid writing them??

Also I've had about 5 letters saying they will be visiting me, am I bothered? NO

Could I report them for harrasment, possibly?

But I don't care, 1. because its a [problem] 2. i enjoy the thought of them working to post these letters and wasting money and 3. i find the letters amusing, and the more you get,the more u see it is amusing rather than serious, however thats not to say I was a little worried at the start, because I was, just saw it was a [problem].

I incurred about 10 tickets from UKPC, hence the 30+ letters I've had (maybe more) they are at a bottom of a draw for me

From what you say, it looks as though they don;t have the intelligence to link their tickets to their 'target', hence your high volume of correspondence.

If you could identify one stream of correspondence leading from the initial contract and show the progress (and mailing sequence) of the letters they send to you would be of immense benefit to CG members..... (just block out any personal details)

These letters are all with regards to roughly 10 tickets. not sure of the exact number, however, your question is something I was wondering myself. Are they aware that they are all linked to the same address, my guess is yes, I think they are just sending them out separtely to frighten me more, I suppose they think the volume counts towards something and if I see lots in my letterbox I'll panic.

Sure I can upload the sequence from the letters I have had, not a great wizard on the computer side of things but I will give it a go

Hello friends, I like many of you had the joy of receiving a letter from the lovely people at UKPC today. My letter states in big red letters CHARGE CERTIFICATE, very official:) I may even consider framing it.

I have some question regarding the (edit);

On the envelope (below the plastic see through address box) are the words "This is not a circular. Please Open immediately."

Has anyone else noticed this and what does it mean? :-?

They go on to say ""you were the registered owner/keeper/driver of the vehicle."

Should I admit I am in the registered keeper?

Thanks

Edited by freakyleaky
Swearing

No, don't bother contacting them at all, they will just write more letters. small point. lots of PPCs love this "you were the registered owner/keeper/driver" strange as legally that could easily be three different people. What they are supposed to do is merely ask the RK who the driver was. BPA CoP that they have signed up to uphold and all that. Ignore them.

Interestingly, there is no such thing as a 'Charge Certificate' - In the real world, a Court can be asked to issue a Charge against the losing party of a civil action, however like the fake court documents used by unscrupulous debt collection firms these stopped after it was outlawed. The variation here is there is no actual document, this is just an unsolicited letter, and nothing more than an advertisement.

If I had received one, I'd send it on to the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) and get them to rule that such communications are misleading.

THAT would blow a big hole in their ongoing plans to mislead motorists!

No, don't bother contacting them at all, they will just write more letters. small point. lots of PPCs love this "you were the registered owner/keeper/driver" strange as legally that could easily be three different people. What they are supposed to do is merely ask the RK who the driver was. BPA CoP that they have signed up to uphold and all that. Ignore them.
Thanks for the advise, as you said there is no point sending letters back and forth. I presume the only letter I will get if I ignore them is the final notice?

and then a letter from debt recovery?

Interestingly, there is no such thing as a 'Charge Certificate' - In the real world
Its all about the wording :)

They also said "Failure to pay will result in forwarding to debt recovery"

Is that a threat? is that harassment? see below

If I had received one, I'd send it on to the ASA (Advertising Standards ) and get them to rule that such communications are misleading.

Its on my list of things to do, including;

Report to the trading standers agency.

Report to the British parking agency.

as suggested by lamma.

I would also like to Report them to the Police under harassment but want to know what will be done if I report?

Finally I am considering handing in the sticker notice to the police under 'lost property' :D would that work? I mean would they send it back to the owner?

Whilst out shopping with my disabled mother in law i was ticketed by the UKPC. Subsequently received a £40 fine today if paid within 14 days or £80 there after. Firstly the blue badge was on dispaly however lying on top of the dash and lets face it we all do this. I am really reluctant to pay this fine so what is the options. It was in scotland just incase there is a law variation. Also complained to tesco who were as helpful as an ashtray on a motor bike.

I am also a bit peeved that the DVLA hand this information out to anyone who deams themself a bonified company. What else can I do with this???

Flipn civil Traffic enforcment notice " big brother is definatley watching":-o

first things first take a photocopy of your blue badge (if possible include clock) whit the PCN then send it with the PPC and ukpc will gladly cancel the ticket trust me i know

first things first take a photocopy of your blue badge (if possible include clock) whit the PCN then send it with the PPC and ukpc will gladly cancel the ticket trust me i know

..and you know because????

btw handyman08, the OP first posted this in February 2007 I doubt they are still bothering to negotiate with ukpc!!

Perhaps you could point us in the direction of the legal authority that requires a private citizen to do any of this in response to an unsolicited invoice????

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi, i find this forum pretty helpful, thanks to evryone. Now to the point.

I recieved a parking notice for parking in a hatched bay on the 3rd of January at my local shopping mall. Today i recieved a charge certificate for £35 but i aint gonna pay anyway. The thing that puzzles me is that there was other cars opposite me that were parked on double yellow lines without disabled badges and none of them recieved tickets. That f***** never done his job properly in the first place. I took photos of all the cars to defend my case

I rang the customer services number on the ticket which was 0870 174 0074 (for anyone that wants it) on the same day i recievd it and i really got ****ed off with her. I told her about the situation and she said appeal then and she hung up on me while i was arguing. You are not allowed to hang up in call centres because i work for Setanta and thats the same **** so in other words this woman couldn't take it.

So, im asking should i write an appeal letter with the photo evidence??

Someone help me out please :evil:

Goodness me no - there is no requirement to 'appeal' anything. You've actually already paid them a small amount by calling their 0870 number as they get a cut of the call revenue, so just leave it at that, watch their desperation rise as they write letter anfter letter begging you for money. And enjoy their distress....

Thanks, im just gonna ignore the f******, untill debt collectors get involved but then im going to the authorities. Ive been in this position before with Davenport Lyons about illegal downloading of a game. I ignored them and after there second letter ive recieved nothing.

You will get a few more letters in this case, also abusive phone calls etc. but if your blood pressure can take it then enjoy the ride and do nothing as advised above, the harrassment will eventually peter out and stop.

If you are a more sensitive soul and need to do something to keep your sanity then there is also excellent advice here on various letters to write, people to contact, but it is actually all a waste of time and effort, in the final analysis they have no legal leg to stand on and rely on intimidation and harassment to make you pay their extortionate demands.

The main point here is to remember that UKPC do not operate as a fair or professional business controlling parking space on behalf of their clients. If they did they would have an appeals system which actually responds to their errors, their documentation and procedures would be accurate and effective and this website would be superfluous.

The authorities are unable to do anything as the law covering this really needs a test case in the High Court to set a precedent and it needs a brave man with deep pockets to start such an action. My MP has suggested that the motoring organisations should do this, but both the RAC and AA are not interested, maybe if enough people contacted them?

The best people to contact are UKPC's clients, make it clear to the supermarket, hospital, hotel, wherever it was UKPC claimed you had "contravened their parking regulations" that the service they are contracting UKPC to undertake on their behalf is not being carried out in a proper manner. These organisations cannot accept cowboys operating on their behalf and will

put a stop to it, much as happened to irresponsible clampers some time ago.

If UKPC had any sense they would get their act in order, use responsible wardens, install a proper appeals system and show that they are a professional company; clearly there is a need to control parking spaces on private property such as supermarkets, hospitals etc. and the authorities would be far more supportive of them than they are at present.

The main point here is to remember that UKPC do not operate as a fair or professional business controlling parking space on behalf of their clients. If they did they would have an appeals system which actually responds to their errors, their documentation and procedures would be accurate and

If UKPC had any sense they would get their act in order, use responsible wardens, install a proper appeals system and show that they are a professional company; clearly there is a need to control parking spaces on private property such as supermarkets, hospitals etc. and the authorities would be far more supportive of them than they are at present.

All this misses the most important point, that private companies cannot issue fines, penalties etc to private citizens. The business model is flawed, it is just a [problem].

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet as I've not read every single post but I've written to the DVLA as follows:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently I was at a McDonald’s in Livingston and was somewhat concerned to see this sign (photo attached) that states “We will contact the DVLA to obtain your details”, surely this contravenes the Data Protection Act?

As you will be aware the Act states “The Data Protection Act is mandatory. ALL organisations that hold or process personal data MUST comply.”

The Data Protection Act contains 8 Principles. These state that all data must be:

- Processed fairly and lawfully

- Obtained & used only for specified and lawful purposes

- Adequate, relevant and not excessive

- Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date

- Kept for no longer than necessary

- Processed in accordance with the individuals rights (as defined)

- Kept secure

- Transferred only to countries that offer adequate data protection.

With the above in mind can you explain to me how UKPC can obtain details regarding my vehicle from the DVLA? If they are in error with regard to the wording of their signage could you please confirm this."

mcdonalds.jpg

I certainly have not given permission to the DVLA to hand out my details and if they do so I believe that they are in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Edited by Annonimouse
To include image

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks