Directions hearing set for 26th March 2007 in Cardiff? Post here!

jamie60509
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

The legal clerk for my claim was krysta campbell, she was very helpful and easy to talk to, her contact number is 020 7116 4753.

It wont be much longer for you all now.

im just waiting for my money.

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Spoke to Mr Paul Unwin who is dealing with our claim y'day. They are checking that our claim is in order and will be making an offer within the next 7 days. We are confident that our claim is correct so all I will have to do is add the court fees and the % since the claim started.

Paul

Great thread as I will no doubt be doing the Cardiff County Court location later down the line. Will be interesting to see how many of you are settled before the Directions date and how close to the hearing it happens for the different banks.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Good news fellas, I just received an offer in the post this morning. Its a few hundred quid short of the total, so i rang barclays up and spoke to krystal and she told me that Mr Lombardi was out (he's the guy dealing with my claim), and that I should ring him on monday. It looks as though they've not added my court fee and 8% interest to the figure, so hopefully I'll get it sorted Monday morning.........:)

Cardiff 26th March for directions hearing anyone?

Anyone who wishes to write written representations for the South Wales prelims can send this -

Dear Sir/Madam,

YOU v BARCLAYS BANK PLC

In the ***** COUNTY COURT

CLAIM No:*******

I, the Claimant, refer to the claim as detailed above and specifically the Preliminary hearing scheduled for **/**/**.

I wish offer my apologies to the honourable court for my non-attendance at this hearing, which is due to... (add reason). As such, pursuant to the order made by district judge ****** on **/**/**, I wish to make my written representations as to how this claim should proceed.

If the court is in agreement, the Claimant respectfully suggests that directions could be made as per the attached draft order.

If ordered, the Claimant believes these directions will allow the overriding objective's to be furthered in that they will fully identify the most fundemental issues in dispute (as detailed below), and allow them to be assessed so that this claim may proceed justly and expediously.

- The crux upon which this claim rests is the true cost incurred by the Defendent as a result of the contractual breach from which its charges arise. If the Defendent cannot substantiate the cost of each charge as proportionate to its loss incurred, it has charged contractual penalties contrary to the UTCCR 1999 and common law principles establised since the early 1900's.

- In the event that the Defendents charges were accepted as being a fee for a service (which is denied), examination of its true costs is required to determine whether the price is reasonable as required by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, the Claimant believes the outstanding issues to be of fact. Accordingly, the Claimant respectfully requests that the claim be allocated to the small claims track, and estimates that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

A copy of this letter and draft directions has also been sent to the Defendent.

Yours faithfully

And attach the draft order - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html#post482191 and send it to the court and Barclays.

You don't need your full bundle at this stage.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

So this is instead of actually turning up then Gary?

Im assuming this can be done? and that you can still win the case?

Sounds promising to me.

Nadia.

------------------------------------------------

Barclays Current Account - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Prelim sent 23/10/06 - part pay accepted - sent LBA 16/11/06 - Payment out of court March 07. Hooray!

Capital One Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recived 30/10/06 - Settled Dec 06.

Egg Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recieved 30/10/06- about to send prelim

Barclaycard - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Microfishe letter - non com. 29/09/06. - wont comply letter - 16/10/06 16 days left- getting nowhere letter back! 16/11/06 Information Commissioners Office compaint - 18/12/06-Statments sent - prelim going out 24/5/07.

Virgin/MBNA - S.A.R 22/09/06 - part pay accepted - settled.

Hi Gary,

I am the sole and fulltime (24/7) carer for my disabled partner who can't be left unsupervised for his own physical safety. Would this be deemed an acceptable reason for sending in a letter instead of attending a prelim or would the court expect me to find a community nurse to come in?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

The court has given you the choice of either writing or attending - you don't really need a reason. As long as they receive the letter 7 days in advance of the hearing then writing in is fine.

• Haha 1

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

to anyone waiting for settlement before this date... wouldnt panic too much as i received full offer today, so looks like they are getting through them.

good luck to anyone else panicing about going to cardiff :)

Excuse me for hijacking your thread but could someone please help me with wat to write in Section G of the AQ have read the templates but still unsure. Thanks Guys and all the best with the directions hearing.

Reached my settlement today!! Firstly they offered by post, but it was short of what I wanted, so I gave them a ring and settled over the phone. I would definetly phone them now as it seems that they are settling all the 26th March cases now. They are quite helpful over the phone so don't be put of ringing, but also stick with the amount YOU want, not the amount they may offer as it could be less, don't forget ITS YOUR MONEY at the end of the day. Good luck...

Cardiff 26th March for directions hearing anyone?

RESULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Letter from Laura Wrage with full settlement (it was short of about 35 pounds) arrived this morning.Crossed out the bit about confidentiality.

I will also enclose a letter that im going to send to the court,stating that it will only be sent when the money is in my account.

Thanks to this website I managed to Fight the big boys and win.

Will be forwarding my donation very soon.

;)

Hi

I e-mailed Mr Unwin y'day and informed him that we were inside the 7days before we go to court (26th), and I was expecting to see him or his representatives in court next week.

I had a reply within 10 mins apologising for the delay in getting back to me as they were inandated with cases. He said that they were sending a letter with an offer for the full amount y'day. We wil see what has dropped throught the letter box when I get home.

One question he mentioned that they would credit our Barclays account I would prefer them to credit our new bank account, can I tell them to do that ?

Paul

HOORAYY I WON!!!!! On the day they get accused of misselling current accounts! lol

Had my letter this morning, full payment has been offered, just got to read the letter when i get home to make sure they have calculated everything correctly. Im sooo happy. I was dreading the 26th.

Ive had a confidentialiy clause to sign and they will pay the cheque into my barclays account (even though i closed it last year???)

Anyone else heard anything?

Nadia

Nadia.

------------------------------------------------

Barclays Current Account - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Prelim sent 23/10/06 - part pay accepted - sent LBA 16/11/06 - Payment out of court March 07. Hooray!

Capital One Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recived 30/10/06 - Settled Dec 06.

Egg Credit Card - Sent S.A.R 22/09/06 - statements recieved 30/10/06- about to send prelim

Barclaycard - S.A.R 22/09/06 - Microfishe letter - non com. 29/09/06. - wont comply letter - 16/10/06 16 days left- getting nowhere letter back! 16/11/06 Information Commissioners Office compaint - 18/12/06-Statments sent - prelim going out 24/5/07.

Virgin/MBNA - S.A.R 22/09/06 - part pay accepted - settled.

Nadia

Spoke to Mr Unwin this morning, we agreed about the difference in interest, so I posted the letter today and the cheque will be sent to my house, not into the defunct account.

Been a long wait but well worth it.

Thanks to everyone for their help

Paul & Heather

Hi,

I was in Cardiff the other day and I said to the lady behind the counter, "Barclays never turn up anyway", she said"oh, they do, theyve got 210 cases coming up on the 26th of March".

I said "they havent won any though have they?".

"I dont know" she said.

Congrats to all who are being saved the parking costs for next week, though you could always go in anyway and do a little treat spending!

Bet the judge is also happy he'll not have to listen to pointless verbal banking diarrhoea. This is on the assumption that all "210" cases are receiving letters same as nads. All the trees that could have been saved if the idiots had just done the decent thing [stifles giggle] and given back the money they [edit] in the first place.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :