Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Several DCA's on bahalf of Egg, including CSL. Threatening letters - bailiffs, ccjs etc will be obtained. Phonecalls from 7 in the morning till 9.30 at night. Ignoring my request for everything in writing.

Egg now sold debt to Hillesden who have tried the threatening bit. I've cca'd them and that went into default on 16th May, they have now supplied me with a copy of the agreement which appears that it may be invalid. They haven't supplied all documents referred to in the agreement which I believe falls under a s.77 request and they haven't supplied me with a statement of account or similar, again a requirement of a s.77 request.

Capital One - obscene. Constant phonecalls. Very threatening and aggresive. Told my wife they could do whatever they wanted even though I'd told them and everyone else to put things in writing. Letters were constant and also threatening action which they would have to get a court order to do but phrased as if it was a foregone conclusion.

Monument - even worse than Capital One.

Citicards - similar to monument.

Debts sold by some of these companies to cabot.

Cabot, tried themselves on some and have engaged dcas on others.

Cabot - monument debt - sent me a letter the day after receiving my cca request saying that interest was still accruing on my account! Then sent a letter saying it may take 8 weeks to get the information from monument.

Scotcall - on bahalf of cabot I think - completely ignored my cca request and on the day of default sent me a letter saying I had not responded to them - I have a recorded delivery slip that says otherwise.

Littlewoods. Have ignored my cca request. Letter from NDR dca (I think this is in house) dated the same day that they received my cca request (not suspicious at all). Trying to lay down the law to me. Sent another letter a few days later showing charges added to the account - in breach of the cca request. Sent a letter on the day of default saying I've ignored them and threatening all sorts of rubbish.

These are just the briefest of details.

One occasion springs to mind that best describes my fury with their behaviour. After sending a second letter to one of them because it was becoming increasingly tiresome I was upstairs trying to console my newborn daughter (born premature weighing only 1.5 kg) who was very collicky and to give my wife who was suffering post natal depression a bit of 'her time' alone - both of which had been detailed in the letters to said companies - and they rang up. I told them I wouldn't go through their security questions etc and their tone went very aggressive. I referenced my letters to them and the law on this type of communication and they started the normal diatribe. My daughter at this point was becoming increasingly distressed and the women just would not shut up so I rather impolitely had to tell her to f**k o*f and I put the phone down. Ten minutes later the phone rang again from the same company and a man spoke and he was very aggressive, coming out with rubbish about using obscenity on the phone. I explained to him that he was in breach of several laws and that he should also f**k o*f. They didn't ring back for over a week.

Anyway it got so bad and because of the stress at home with a newborn child who needed a lot of extra care and a wife with postnatal depression I decided that rather than spend money taking action againt them I would just change my phone number. It must have taken them a few weeks to suss it out because after about a month the threatening letters were arriving in bulk. Great for recycling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wescot and Equidebt chasing me for the same debt but Equidebt wanted £4k more than Wescot??? i fought this one and won :D i got a CCJ for it but i couldn't stop laughing because instead of paying them £40 a month the court has ordered me to pay £1 a month:p

Wescot premium rate 0870 contact numbers

Wescot phoning another company i worked next to too speak to me

told him to @@@@ off.

Transcom keep phoning, after telling them not to, and to deal with me by post.

Transcom phoning late at night.

just a few i can remember off hand loads more but cant remember the company names.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wescot - for sending me a letter regarding my mate's dad's debt with them! they have my details for a vodafone bill i didnt pay but don't know how they think he lives there. i sent them this response:

I write further to your letter dated 15 May 2007 to my address which was meant for John ........

This gentleman is a friend’s father. He has never, nor will ever live at my address and any financial problems he has are a confidential matter which he would not share with me.

Sending letters to my address regarding his private business are a breach of the acts which govern agencies such as yourselves and any future breach of Mr .......’s confidential business will result in me informing Mr ....... and the relevant bodies immediately.

Your actions have caused embarrassment to both me and Mr ........ This is also a massive breach of the data protection act. As far as I am aware, sending letters to your debtors’ daughter’s friends is not common practice.

Please remove all reference to my address from your records and provide me with written evidence that my address is now clear of any reference to Mr ....... residing here as a matter of urgency. I also require confirmation of any other company this information has been passed to and proof that they have been corrected.

I also require a sincere and genuine apology as well as reimbursement for the time and effort taken to write this letter.

Many thanks.

Me v NatWest £1.5k settled after Disc App

Jo v Barclaycard settled after Disc App

Jo v Cap 1 settled after Disc App

Jo v Abbey Disc App sent to court

Jo v Natwest cag3 let due

Nikkii v Barclays judgement in default against Barclays

Nikkii v B’card directions returned

Nikkii v Natwest settled

Laura v Lloyds – directions & aq sent

Luke v Lloyds – AQ & directions sent to court

Mark v Halifax – settled

Liam v A&L settled

Liam v Lloyds part settled - still going

Vanya v RBOS, CAG 3 let sent

Vanya v RBOS Awaiting statements

Vanya v Virgin issue on 30/03

Carl v Natwest settled

Dean v Barclays – disc app issued

Dean v B’card – disc app issued

Dean v Cap 1 – awaiting statements

(another 5 files that won't fit) busy me!

Wescot - for sending me a letter regarding my mate's dad's debt with them! they have my details for a vodafone bill i didnt pay but don't know how they think he lives there. i sent them this response:

I write further to your letter dated 15 May 2007 to my address which was meant for John ........

This gentleman is a friend’s father. He has never, nor will ever live at my address and any financial problems he has are a confidential matter which he would not share with me.

Sending letters to my address regarding his private business are a breach of the acts which govern agencies such as yourselves and any future breach of Mr .......’s confidential business will result in me informing Mr ....... and the relevant bodies immediately.

Your actions have caused embarrassment to both me and Mr ........ This is also a massive breach of the data protection act. As far as I am aware, sending letters to your debtors’ daughter’s friends is not common practice.

Please remove all reference to my address from your records and provide me with written evidence that my address is now clear of any reference to Mr ....... residing here as a matter of urgency. I also require confirmation of any other company this information has been passed to and proof that they have been corrected.

I also require a sincere and genuine apology as well as reimbursement for the time and effort taken to write this letter.

Many thanks.

Let us know if you get the apology, I could do with a giggle.

melanee - these companies are unbelievable ? This is really horrible isn't it? I sure hope you get some apology from them - but even an apology doesn't anywhere near cover this sort of behaviour does it? There are clearly no excuses for companies to behave in such a manner are there?

I would certainly go to the ICO, OFT, FOS anywhere you can complain to get this looked at.

UPDATE!

this is priceless... got home yesterday to find a letter from Wescot confirming they're investigating my complaint. At least they've acknowledged my letter.

However, they have also sent a red reminder letter for my friend's dad too (in the hope it'll scare iccle old me into paying my friend's dad's debt!)

sent the following letter:

Yet again I find myself receiving correspondence from you regarding John ..................... despite him NEVER having been a resident at my address.

To reiterate the contents of my previous letter (which you have received, acknowledged and totally ignored???) this gentleman is a friend’s father and sending me details of his financial problems is totally inappropriate and in breach of a large number of regulations governing agencies such as yourselves.

I am amazed that I am writing to you about this matter yet again. If I am corresponding in a language that is not understood please advise?

I am Melanie Bree of the aforementioned address and would like to know if there is a possibility of a gentleman (who is not a small man) having moved in to my home without my permission or knowledge or in fact me noticing at all! It is extraordinary that from your offices in Hull you have managed to decide that he resides with me when I am totally unaware of it.

As far as I am aware, in this particular situation (which is not unusual) I am not living with my friend’s father (nor ever will). Seeing as I have known this gentleman since I was five years of age and am good friends with his wife and three daughters, I doubt I ever will take up residence with him.

Since February 2007, I have been visited by one of your bailiffs and received two letters regarding this matter. I have been clear and honest each and every time about the current circumstances.

As no positive action has been taken by you, I am now of the opinion that I am dealing with dim-wits.

I find this situation highly frustrating and boring and having now realised that I am dealing with people of limited intelligence I will shortly be taking the matter further.

I have sent this letter via recorded delivery as I feel this situation has been neglected by you and from past experience, I can only assume that history will repeat itself and my requests will not be dealt with.

If you decide to take further action, please be advised that I shall defend the claim in full and will inform the relevant bodies as well as consumer organisations such as Watchdog (who I am sure will be very interested in your incompetence). They may even choose to embarrass you publicly (although you are quite competent at doing this all by yourselves). Please note the details of this matter have been posted on the Consumer Action Group Website and are already attracting attention and highlighting how dense the members of staff you employ actually are!

I look forward to hearing from you with the required information, a full apology for your failings to provide a decent and adequate service and compensation for the time, effort and inconvenience I have been put to as well as the full costs of every letter I have had to prepare to you.

Many thanks.

Me v NatWest £1.5k settled after Disc App

Jo v Barclaycard settled after Disc App

Jo v Cap 1 settled after Disc App

Jo v Abbey Disc App sent to court

Jo v Natwest cag3 let due

Nikkii v Barclays judgement in default against Barclays

Nikkii v B’card directions returned

Nikkii v Natwest settled

Laura v Lloyds – directions & aq sent

Luke v Lloyds – AQ & directions sent to court

Mark v Halifax – settled

Liam v A&L settled

Liam v Lloyds part settled - still going

Vanya v RBOS, CAG 3 let sent

Vanya v RBOS Awaiting statements

Vanya v Virgin issue on 30/03

Carl v Natwest settled

Dean v Barclays – disc app issued

Dean v B’card – disc app issued

Dean v Cap 1 – awaiting statements

(another 5 files that won't fit) busy me!

Credit Security Ltd - they ahve been after me for years and keep saying that a further £120 is added to account balance due to their field rep calling WHEN WHAT DATE AND TIME, never had them here

Bryan Carter & Co - again this debt is in the hand of 2 collectors for a catalogue around 4 years ago, never know who to deal with due to the 2 companies having an intrest in the debt.

GPB - geoffrey parker bourne - this is a new one after hubby for a 3G phone which we paid it now stands at £147.55 ???????

and the muppet who is after or car sent by Norrie Waite and Slater for OnLine Finance Ltd is name is ben lonsman, when i rang Norrie waite to complain and say that i was checking him out they panicked saying that they were very sorry and he will not be calling gain, hum.... why is this perhaps he's not reg with any company ? perhaps he's a mate who knows.... as long as the muppet won;t call again but when this case is over I WILL BE PERSUING THIS HE CALLED ME EVERYTHING AND USED FOUL LANGUAGE TO ME.....

Where do i start......

Wescott, (UN)reliable, Capquest, Aktiv, Moorcroft to name but a few

ALL FOR SHEER INCOMPITANCE

FOR THE BENEFIT OF OUR FRIENDS IN THE NSA USING THE PRISM SYSTEM. HELLO FROM THE UK.

Every single one of them especally 1st Credit and DLC who don't know what is about to hit them.

Echo that completely. 1st Credit for telephone intimidation and letter harrassment. DLC, for intimidation by letter. Plus Buchanan Clark and Wells who know our situation, know that we're paying through Payplan, but still being oafs. LTSB's 'Collection Department', for passing us around, letter harrassment and sending the debt twice to BCW:!:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Regal Credit Consultants (RCC) for leaving multiple messages shouting "[firstname] [surname] call RCC NOW!" when returning my calls or arranging a review of payments. Also putting pressure on my by phone to pay more than I could afford even when it was obvious I couldn't afford more than I was offering.

CBS Transcom. For ringing my mobile (God knows how they got it) and leaving a message for "Joe Bloggs" using number withheld "I never answer with held numbers) when I rung them back, without realising who it was, to tell them they had left a message on my phone for some one else- thay used every trick in the book to get me to reveal my identity

Direct Legal & Collections (DLC) part of Hillesdon Securities, combined with APLINS solicitors, these are with reference to EGG Banking plc

Buchanon Clarke & Wells, plus shoosmiths, these are in relation to Morgan Stanley.

The above chosen agents of each lending institution actied inappropriately, whilst I am in Dispute!

However, once I put a 'shot across their bows' all has gone eerily silent.

Love AC

I'll add RMA and NCO as they complately ignore everything that is being said to them and threaten all manner of legal action.

I'm working with TS about these "people".

I found TS very helpful and non-judgemental, I highly recomend everyone to try this route.

Just be honest and open with them and they treat you with professional respect.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Philips bailiffs - for turning up in my work place and shouting across a crowded reception despite my providing them with evidence from the court that my case had been reslisted

Ultimate Credit Services - for misquoting DPA with the intention of scaring into submission, for threats of intimidation

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

NatWest SETTLED IN FULL 25/08/06

Capital One settled in full 12/10/06

LTSB prelim letter sent 25/08/06

LTSB standard prelim response received 02/09/06

LBA sent 15/09/06

DONATE TO THIS SITE BY CLICKING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

chrissielr, I'm gob smacked:eek: Philips bailiffs - for turning up in my work place and shouting across a crowded reception.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Philips bailiffs - for turning up in my work place and shouting across a crowded reception despite my providing them with evidence from the court that my case had been reslisted

Ultimate Credit Services - for misquoting Data Protection Act with the intention of scaring into submission, for threats of intimidation

That is so BAD !!! Is there a code of conduct these idiots should follow where they are supposed to use descretion? Surely they aren't supposed to do stuff like this?

Surely they aren't allowed to go to a work place and do this? I'm thinking maybe there is room to report this idiot to court for his conduct?

Well when I went to court (it was to defend a parking fine) the respresentative from the City Council said they had a duty to inform the bailiffs of my whereabouts and that Philips had the right to deliver a letter to me there.

The District Judge didn't pass comment, but he did seem very slanted in my direction and I won the day.

At the time I was working in the global headquarters of a large plc and, thankfully, there were no clients in the area. One of the lovely receptionionists threw him out, but needless to say it reacahed my bosses who weren't impressed. I was going to make a formal complaint, but I was just so fed up with the whole thing at the time - I suppose I still should.

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

NatWest SETTLED IN FULL 25/08/06

Capital One settled in full 12/10/06

LTSB prelim letter sent 25/08/06

LTSB standard prelim response received 02/09/06

LBA sent 15/09/06

DONATE TO THIS SITE BY CLICKING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

RMA - Barclays have passed my overdraft debt to them.

I have sent them a CCA request, which they have yet to comply. They sent me a letter just stating that unless I pay up they will have to send the debt back to Barclays - no mention of my CCA request.

I have also sent them a letter to ask them to stop harrassing me, but they still ring me 5 times a day, and as I don't answer the phone to them because I asked them to put everything in writing, they then ring my parents house, even though my mother who is 64 and has a broken hip has told them to stop ringing as I do not live there anymore!! They ring her at least once a day.

POPPY07

Poppy07, put a complaint into TS OFT etc about what they are doing, and cc RMA that you have done so.

The more people complain and give solid evidence of the despicable way these dca's are acting, the sooner it can be stopped.:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08