• Tweets

• Northmonk forget what I said about your Notice to Hirer being the best I have seen . Though it  still may be  it is not good enough to comply with PoFA. Before looking at the NTH, we can look at the original Notice to Keeper. That is not compliant. First the period of parking as sated on their PCN is not actually the period of parking but a misstatement  since it is only the arrival and departure times of your vehicle. The parking period  is exactly that -ie the time youwere actually parked in a parking spot.  If you have to drive around to find a place to park the act of driving means that you couldn't have been parked at the same time. Likewise when you left the parking place and drove to the exit that could not be describes as parking either. So the first fail is  failing to specify the parking period. Section9 [2][a] In S9[2][f] the Act states  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Your PCN fails to mention the words in parentheses despite Section 9 [2]starting by saying "The notice must—..." As the Notice to Keeper fails to comply with the Act,  it follows that the Notice to Hirer cannot be pursued as they couldn't get the NTH compliant. Even if the the NTH was adjudged  as not  being affected by the non compliance of the NTK, the Notice to Hirer is itself not compliant with the Act. Once again the PCN fails to get the parking period correct. That alone is enough to have the claim dismissed as the PCN fails to comply with PoFA. Second S14 [5] states " (5)The notice to Hirer must— (a)inform the hirer that by virtue of this paragraph any unpaid parking charges (being parking charges specified in the notice to keeper) may be recovered from the hirer; ON their NTH , NPE claim "The driver of the above vehicle is liable ........" when the driver is not liable at all, only the hirer is liable. The driver and the hirer may be different people, but with a NTH, only the hirer is liable so to demand the driver pay the charge  fails to comply with PoFA and so the NPE claim must fail. I seem to remember that you have confirmed you received a copy of the original PCN sent to  the Hire company plus copies of the contract you have with the Hire company and the agreement that you are responsible for breaches of the Law etc. If not then you can add those fails too.
    • Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mass complaint ;Add your name here if a dca has acted incorrectly with your account.

MARTIN3030
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, I had to respond to this, your husband is suffering from cancer and you are getting all this grief? I have been there (not husband, but Mum and several other immediate family members at the same time) and I know how awful it is to be going through the treatment etc etc. Have you contacted the Consumer Credit Counselling Service? Do you have threads on here for the debts? Could you PM me if you do. I would like to help. Just the very mention of the C word sends me into a frenzy, you're not alone and thank God for them that they can be this evil and not have to contend with the very worst of diseases.:mad:

Thank you for your reply, but to be honest sometimes I am too tired to care. But if you have lived with a cancer sufferer you will know what I mean.

Like I said my husband is quite sick but he will recover, even enough to return to work, but its very hard on him because up until October last year he had not even had a filling, so to be told he had cancer, mentally he found it difficult to accept he cant provide for his family(he's self employed so if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid) I work part time but our income has dropped from over £3000 a month to £720 it's not that I cant handle these parasites I just find it hard finding time, this web site has been a god send. If only I had know what rights we had 7 years ago when our problems started. Barclays Bank destroyed us with bad finacial advice and then pulling the plug on my husbands business account. We never recovered but for the last 7 years we have worked all hours to repay our debts, then this happend and its took us back to where we started. My husband knows nothing of the problems, I try to sort them out without him knowing, as we need to get well again, this would surley delay that. Your reply was heartwarming, thankyou.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swift Ltd acting on behalf of Inland Revenue.

In a nutshell, before Swift even wrote their first letter, the tax bill cheque from me had been correctly cashed by Inland Revenue. Swift refused to accept this and refused to contact Inland Revenue to confirm there was no debt. They continued to harass and bully me with threats and consequently levied £450+ in charges for their services which I paid out of sheer panic that someone might turn up at door (I have young children).

However, they did still turn up at my house to remove goods. Their office manager apologised and said I wouldn't hear anymore from them however they have not returned any of the money I paid them out of fear, and I am now going to take them to court for illegal extortion of money through unlawful demands.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Thank you for your reply, but to be honest sometimes I am too tired to care. But if you have lived with a cancer sufferer you will know what I mean.

Like I said my husband is quite sick but he will recover, even enough to return to work, but its very hard on him because up until October last year he had not even had a filling, so to be told he had cancer, mentally he found it difficult to accept he cant provide for his family(he's self employed so if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid) I work part time but our income has dropped from over £3000 a month to £720 it's not that I cant handle these parasites I just find it hard finding time, this web site has been a god send. If only I had know what rights we had 7 years ago when our problems started. Barclays Bank destroyed us with bad finacial advice and then pulling the plug on my husbands business account. We never recovered but for the last 7 years we have worked all hours to repay our debts, then this happend and its took us back to where we started. My husband knows nothing of the problems, I try to sort them out without him knowing, as we need to get well again, this would surley delay that. Your reply was heartwarming, thankyou.

Oh love, I know where you're at, I really do. Don't talk to me about Barclays, they nearly destroyed us (my husband self-employed too). Right, the fact remains that nothing is insurmountable with these buggers, you have loads of ways to sort things out. What I am going to do is PM you my email address and then we can have an "open" chat about what to do. I will try and help the best I can! I understand you wanting to keep hubbie out of the loop, that is probably the right thing to do at this stage, let him recover.....there will be plenty of time afterwards for a full and frank!!

Take care hun xx:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

MBNA for ringing my next door neighbours! And then their debt which has been sold on a few times is registered as four separate defaults on my credit history

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Oh love, I know where you're at, I really do. Don't talk to me about Barclays, they nearly destroyed us (my husband self-employed too). Right, the fact remains that nothing is insurmountable with these buggers, you have loads of ways to sort things out. What I am going to do is PM you my email address and then we can have an "open" chat about what to do. I will try and help the best I can! I understand you wanting to keep hubbie out of the loop, that is probably the right thing to do at this stage, let him recover.....there will be plenty of time afterwards for a full and frank!!

Take care hun xx:)

Thanks

Talk soon.

MBNA for ringing my next door neighbours! And then their debt which has been sold on a few times is registered as four separate defaults on my credit history

FFS! This is outrageous, please go over to the MBNA forum and post on the thread entitled "MBNA Group Question", it is on the first page and usually n ear the top:rolleyes:. We are taking a mass complaint to the FSA and there are lots of us, more welcome. PLEASE DO IT, V IMPORTANT!!

There cannot be more than one default per account, so if there are four, I suggest you write immediately to each CRA and put them in the picture. Also Trading Standards, the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Information Commissioner. That is also outrageous, we would very much welcome you on our thread!! :)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Cabot and moorcroft are chasing the same debt! none of whom have a credit agreement and have long commited an offence one the cca.

wescot for agreeing a settlement figure and then back out and chasing me for the rest.

reliable collections for chasing me on 4 accounts with no cca

Cabot again for saying they don't have to abide by the CCA.

And again for claiming an application form is a properly executed agreement.

And yet again for continuing to process my data despite being told they have just proved they have no right to do so.

MBNA/Global advantage I am not sure of Global are in house or DCA. Don't feel it makes a difference as I complained to both.

Global called me out of the blue at home asked me to confirm my name address and post code. My father lives with me same name. After i confirmed my name they when into script of my account how much I was in arrears and I had to pay XXX or court proceedings. Told them to go to hell I could have been anyone at my home there security was crap and I would not pay/discus anything with them would be dealing with MBNA.

Called MBNA told them I would not deal with G/A only with them. It took G/A 3 month to stop calling I used a whistle and also picked up phone and put on top of TV when they phoned.

dpick:p

hi Goldlady - this is wrong but often happens when debts are sold on - if you write to the CRAs and advise them, they will contact the companies who put the defaults on for you and get them removed. This is usually (usually!) quite an easy thing to sort out.

1st Credit.

About 6 months after 1st Credit took over the debt, they sent me a letter demanding payment of the debt in full, and threatening court action unless I telephoned them immediately. This was in spite of the fact they had received a copy of my financial statement, and had been receiving regular monthly payments via Payplan.

When I telephoned them, the operator informed me they could not accept the monthly payment offer.

I pointed out that my other creditors had all accepted the payment offers, to which the operator’s response was “We own the debt and we can do what we like!”

He went on to demand payment in full and suggested I get a loan to pay it.

I told him this was not possible, so he then went on to say they would accept a 20 fold increase in monthly payments, then I hung up the phone.

I reported the incident to my case officer at Payplan. My case officer told me the call centre operators at these DCAs work on a commission basis, and so receive a bonus if they make a debtor pay up in full.

I reported the incident to my case officer at Payplan. My case officer told me the call centre operators at these DCAs work on a commission basis, and so receive a bonus if they make a debtor pay up in full.

In which case, the DCA operator's first question should be, "Are you a member of CAG? Yes? OK, goodbye." It would save them an awful lot of grief, and let them move on to a more profitable victim. :p

My complaint is cap quest, sent me a Big Red Demand today that even the postman could see, telling me to pay up within seven days or it could be court action in big letters LOL should i not have got some letters prior to this anyway capquest are a bunch of limp wristed twaddle talking bullies :)

Here are a few from some of my clients:

Metropolitan Collection Services, the in-house DCA for HSBC:

- telephone harassment even when asked to correspond only in writing

- using a second DCA (CDEA) concurrently

- lying by claiming no connection to CDEA (which is wholly owned by MCS)

Central Debt Enforcement Agency (CDEA) (acting for HSBC)

- sending letters deliberately designed to look like court papers

- implying, through their company name, that they are an official agency

Moorcroft (acting for Tesco Insurance)

- failing to respond satisfactorily to CCA request

Central Collections (acting for VW Finance)

- telephone harassment

- refusing to freeze action on a disputed debt

- claiming the OFT guidelines don't apply to them

ECI (acting for Cabot)

- instructing debtors to contact them on a premium rate number

Global Vantedge (acting for MBNA)

- contacting debtors directly and bypassing appointed third party

- refusing to deal with an appointed third party

- telephone harassment in spite of requests to correspond only in writing

- refusing to freeze action when debt is disputed

- risibly claiming that the OFT Guidelines and the Administration of Justice Act don't apply to them because they are a US-owned company calling from India!

1st Credit..who phone me at least 3 times a day even though I have requested correspondence by letter or email. Not responding to my letters of emails requesting proof of authorisation from Lloyds.

MBNA..I know they are not a DCA but I received a plain postcard through my door asking to call this number..I though it was a deliver of some sort etc. Imagine my surprise when I was confronted by a demand for money. They know I don't use the phone due to ill health..they tricked me. But they still phone my mobile and house on a daily basis.

1st Credit..who phone me at least 3 times a day even though I have requested correspondence by letter or email. Not responding to my letters of emails requesting proof of authorisation from Lloyds.

MBNA..I know they are not a DCA but I received a plain postcard through my door asking to call this number..I though it was a deliver of some sort etc. Imagine my surprise when I was confronted by a demand for money. They know I don't use the phone due to ill health..they tricked me. But they still phone my mobile and house on a daily basis.

Please post here Greendykes and register complaint re : MBNA and any other MBNA'ers out there..........apologies for hijacking thread but it is a worthwhile hijack!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/74790-vital-fsa-mass-complaint.html

This will benefit you, please do it!!

Thank you!!!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

I got one of those cards on Friday (have had a few over the past 18 months) and it said in red 'we called at your house today...blah blah' and to ring the number - (like no way). But the funny thing was the postman handed it to me with my other mail as I happened to be home that day.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I got one of those cards on Friday (have had a few over the past 18 months) and it said in red 'we called at your house today...blah blah' and to ring the number - (like no way). But the funny thing was the postman handed it to me with my other mail as I happened to be home that day.

Goldlady, please post a complaint as per my link in the post above......I am assuming as you have responded to the post it is an MBNA problem? If so, we NEED YOU!!! Any info about MBNA behaviour is very much appreciated and will form part of our mass complaint to the FSA. I love the part about the postman hand delivering! LOL! They must think we are all idiots!!

It won't take a minute and is very beneficial to any MBNA "customer", please supercede that with "mug"!!!!! Come and visit our MBNA forum, the more the merrier!:D

• Haha 1

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hello, Cabot

for failing to provide a copy of CCA.

for never sending out a statement of account as to how much has been paid, charges and/or interest added, (which should happen at least once every 12 months.)

for passing info willy nilly.

Moorcroft

for not supplying CCA till after they defaulted.

for having bully boy door knockers/collectors.

for threatening court over the phone.

and finally not letting me know whether they own the debt or just agents.

Lowell.

non compliance of CCA,

still defaulted and processing data

account is still being disputed with Cap One.

think that's all/enough for now

Saxon

1st Credit - after a year of contacting me they have changed their mind from saying that a debt they bought from Abbey is a credit card whereas previously they said it was a current account. They have not complied with a CCA request and have advised verbally that they are unable to do so, but have continued to phone trying to collect money that i know nothing about.

Lowell / Hamptons !!!

Harrasing my parents at an address I haven't lived at for 3 years !!! (Only started harrasing about a month before Christmas) Even though all letters have been returned to them stating that I no longer live there, they have now sent a SD through !!

Even have called my mum asking for my contact details !!

Dirty tactics !!

CSL (Credit Solutions Ltd) on behalf of EGG. I dont even dispute this debt im just trying to reduce my payments, EGG ignored all my letters sent it straight to CSL. CSL called me i explained the situation their exact words 'I dont care Miss ***** about your situation, payment by the end of the week otherwise the baliffs will be sent to remove your goods' i replyed i will not let them in, his comment 'you are commiting a criminal offence by not paying in full and the baliffs have the right to break into your property' I am now scared witless i dont want to leave the flat incase i come home and find my flat trashed and everything gone.

CSL (Credit Solutions Ltd) on behalf of EGG. I dont even dispute this debt im just trying to reduce my payments, EGG ignored all my letters sent it straight to CSL. CSL called me i explained the situation their exact words 'I dont care Miss ***** about your situation, payment by the end of the week otherwise the baliffs will be sent to remove your goods' i replyed i will not let them in, his comment 'you are commiting a criminal offence by not paying in full and the baliffs have the right to break into your property' I am now scared witless i dont want to leave the flat incase i come home and find my flat trashed and everything gone.

Disgusting!

Have they got a CCJ lodged against you? Debt collectors are not baliffs and if they haven't got a judgement lodged against you they cannot use baliffs. Owing money is not a criminal offence and this amounts to no less than serious harrassment and intimidation.

Don't worry - we can sort this out. In the meantime please, do not speak to them on the telephone. Get everything in writing. I can help you draft a letter given a little more information. Please PM me if you would like me to help you.

Sarah

Link Financial, for phoning a bloke down the road (same postcode) whom we don't know, and demanding he pass on an "urgent message" to my partner, that she phone them. He thought he was helping out, but it was so embarrassing for my partner.