Expenses Working from Home

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last year I started at a company, full time, okayish salary and was just making under the benefits cut off. Since the govt changed the thresholdd for NI. I did some looking around and I remembe seeing somewhere that if your company doesn't reimburse you for everything e.g. you pay for various artefacts out of your own pocket, that this can be taken off of your net income.

The DWP don't agree with me, but I'm not 100% sure.

Could I ask them to regard the money I spend on printer paper, toner, notepads, the second internet connection for work (secure for VPN etc...) as a direct work expense?

The company doesn't have any offices, as all of us work from home, across the world, so there isn't an office to go in to at all.

On that note, failing the DWP route, would I be entitled to anything from HMRC as my place of work is home, it's not a choice to go in or not, we just don't have a colelctive office.

ANy pointers would be handy :-)

Cheers,

Ade

@Ethel StreetI had a look at that cheers :-) As I'm in a 1 bed appt and my company setup is in my livingroom, what would the right way to work electric and that be? I already know that the computer and monitors chew 0.09£ an hour at the moment, but knowing HMRC they'll have some random sqare footage rule or something?

• 2 months later...