CPN Vanishing windscreen PCN now PAPLOC - University of Brighton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just type no need  to keep hitting quote !!

put up your snotty letter here FIRST please

do not use email.

so you are not the RK?

the RK should be the one posting here not a 3rd party.

Chinese whisper errors will prevail other wise

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there is no template

look at other threads with letter of claim or LOC or PAPLOC in the title in this forum

so search for snotty letter here.......on this forum (search in red banner uptop)

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to CPN Vanishing windscreen PCN now PAPLOC - University of Brighton

Ok well had a response from University of Brighton jobsworth and seems that have to pay a ransom for the Registered keeper to stop receiving harassment letters from Gladstones and CPM

I am sorry to hear that this is causing the registered keeper any distress or detrimental effect on their peace of mind, Had the matter been dealt with at the time the NTK was sent to them back in October 2022 all of this could have been avoided and dealt with then.

THE NTK would have clearly stated that if the registered keeper of the vehicle was not the driver of the vehicle at the time the offence was committed the liability should have been transferred at that point.

UK Car Park Management - Transfers (uk-carparkmanagement.co.uk)

UK-CPM have responded to my email informing me that this PCN was issued by a Mobile operative and not ANPR, the operative would have checked the car to see if there was a blue badge on display (as we have ascertained there wasn’t). They have also stated to me that at no point has this PCN been appealed and no communication has been received from the registered keeper.

As a one off gesture UK-CPM have offered to reduce the PCN down to £90 full and final settlement, should you wish to accept this offer then please let me know and I can inform UK-CPM, they will not be reducing it any further.

We will not be asking for the PCN to be cancelled. As mentioned in the previous email, we feel that the PCN was in fact issued correctly as per all the signage and our terms and conditions.

Mark Burkill Parking and Transport Officer

Moulsecoomb

University Of Brighton | Estates and Facilities Management

Edited by billybobyeeharrboy

who hasnt a clue what he is talking about.:crazy:

and they

I wrote to the University Chancellor and this chap Mark Burkill has picked up the email.

I have asked the penalty to be cancelled and we keep going backwards and forwards like a broken record and despite the university's participation in causing harm and distress to the registered keeper this jobsworth relentlessly won't give up.

However he has agreed to remove the fee, cough 'Randsom fee'  down to £90!

So if the university won't help, you're back to writing a snotty letter, as above, to the PPC.

Unless you want to just pay the £90, that is? I'm not recommending this, just asking as you're starting to sound a bit defeatist and not wanting to fight.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

is this link to the is what I should be using...

Received a Court Claim From A Private parking Speculative invoice??

Yes you gathered correctly HB, the registered keeper is getting worried that it will effect their credit rating should it go to court and etc etc, not really aware of the legalities and the frivolity of the claim so I am getting hounded both ends...so thinking just to cut losses and pay the 90 rather than months of this dragging on...

Still I have dealt with this before and know how much of a scam it can be.

Best wishes

BBYHB

It was a good idea to try the university.  But it's clear they won't play ball.  So you need to decide now.

1.  Pay the £90 and the matter ends there.

2.  Or write the snotty letter to let the fleecers know you would just be a pain in the backside and big trouble for them if they did do court.

Remember their bilge is not POFA compliant and they are unlikely to do court - but unlikely it not impossible and you need to be prepared to fight a court claim if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

SORRY TO BE A PAIN IN THE BUTT AND CONFUSING BUT that's just where my mind is at the moment, various life matters, sure same for all of us.

Would someone be so kind to direct me to a template for a suitable snotty letter that I can amend and post recorded delivery to Gladstones?

K regards

BBYHB

do you know what think I will just pay the 90, once all the nonsense with filling in court paperwork etc is done is probably more cost efficient then fighting this battle even though these people really re lowlife 

just type stop hitting quote everytime.

makes a thread twice as long and very difficult on small screen to see your reply.

there is no template for a snotty letter

you have to search for one.

we dont nursemaid.

as for paying.

thats why you've got this speculative invoice, because mugs pay up!! thinking they are FINES, they are NOT.

1 hour ago, billybobyeeharrboy said:

I have asked the penalty to be cancelled

i hope you didnt use that word...

dx

and they

@dx100uk THIS IS WHAT I WROTE THE UNI: please send the payment link for full and final settlement

THIS WHAT THEY WROTE BACK

Payment can be made in any of the following ways.

Please allow a few days for the system at Gladstones to update with the correct information so I would advise looking to pay from Monday 10th July

Payment Must be made by 17th July 2023

Online www.gladstonessolicitors.co.uk   

Phone 0333 0230 049  

Cheque Payable to ‘Gladstones Solicitors Ltd’  

Bank Transfer  Name – Gladstones Solicitors Ltd  

Sort Code – 20-24-09  

Account Number – 33028712  

Reference - 104262.71025

you must include their reference [104262.71025] when making payment. If you fail to do so, Gladstones may be unable to allocate their payment. This may result in further costs being incurred, for which you will be liable.

I hope this brings this matter to conclusion.

Mark Burkill Parking and Transport Officer

Moulsecoomb

University Of Brighton | Estates and Facilities Management

did you use the word penalty in any reply/email to the uni...

why cant you ever just simply answer our questions. you always put up something totally unrelated that never answers the question...:whistle:

and they

@dx100uk THIS IS WHAT I WROTE THE UNI: 'please send the payment link for full and final settlement', never haver I used the word PENALTY, im not that much of a bimbo

And yes I realise that I am a mug but I can't be bothered to go through the whole Process again last time I had to write the court and these idiot Gladstones from a mobile phone in Peru and just wasn't worth the time and headache for 90squid, even though is daylight robbery many other things in life are unfair and this is just a  private parking scam

Right.  So first question.  Do you want to pay the £90 or do you want help with preparing a snotty letter to tell them where to stick their claim?

• I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

just type stop hitting quote please...

• Thanks 1

and they

Try this.

Dear ****,

Cheers! for your  “Letter Before Claim” dated ******, received with your ref number **** for alleged parking breaches.

Please be advised that I have absolutely no intention of paying these extortionate and ridiculous made-up sums of money for allegedly breaking some imaginary contract which I never entered into and which you have not demonstrated how I personally became party to.

You do not even have the identity of the driver who had the vehicle on the alleged date of offence, yet you want to litigate against me. 

I could go on but it is enough to say that this whole claim is utter nonsense and I’m sure that any Judge would agree.

Should you wish to proceed with this farcical claim, then i will be requesting  unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g)

• Like 2

The more I think about it, the more I reckon Lee19921992's letter is spot on.

It hints that they have messed up with POFA, without actually spelling it out, which would be very confusing for the poor dears.

If you still want to fight these charlatans, send it off ...

... but before that, can you please be clear and open with us about the driver, the registered keeper, etc.,  because if you want to remove someone from the loop then you are going to have to tell the fleecers who the driver was.

• Like 2
  • I agree 1