Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

The unpopular poopulist Truss holds a relaunch revival hoping this time it can last as long as a lettuce - but excluding a number of her very few nearest and dearest, but Farage was there at least along with patel, Anderson and some other smog

"“It is ironic that Popular Conservatism couldn’t find a more unpopular spokesperson if they actively tried.”

"Ranil Jayawardena, another key Truss ally and ex-environment minister in her short-lived government, decided to pull out of the event at the last minute." ... who?

"Simon Clarke was forced out of the event because of his call for Rishi Sunak to be replaced – with Ms Truss keen to avoid looking too disloyal" - lol @ wussy Trussy

Kwazi has of course announced he's legging it as he was losing his seat anyway - well, she did sack him to try and cover her own incompetent back with his incompetent back - perhaps hes going to work for Bamford on his hydrogen project - God I hope not.

Truss started by whinging about the woke lefty bankers and financiers who undid her attempts at the  good work of promising them more money at taxpaayer expense - which even those hardbitten tax avoiding financiers clearly thought was utter cobblers which threatened their existing good life.

It went downhill from there.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Two former allies stay away from launch of new Popular Conservativism group launch, while her ex-chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng quits politics

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

If today’s launch by the leader who was outlasted by a lettuce is the answer, what on earth was the question, asks the Guardian columnist Marina Hyde

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

After three years, the system for checks on plant and animal products may still not be ready and some shipments may just be waved through. From the FT.

Well thats marijuana and rhino tusk imports safe then eh?

When is sunak going to sort some reasonably prices fresh fruit and veg? Those little bent bananas are rather on the expensive side.

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Sky's Sam Coates on where the government finds itself after yesterday's debacle at PMQs.

Not a debacle at all 
It is Starmer who should be apologising to women for his refusal to accept reality 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Not getting into that debate @honeybee13

I may upset one or two people 😀

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Suella Braverman was called a 'poison-spreading headline-grabber' in a combative BBC interview on Thursday morning (7 December). “Isn’t the...

“Isn’t the truth you’re a headline grabber, who does it by spreading poison, even within your own party?”

as

Despite the promise leaving the EU would help the UK control its borders, most people surveyed said Brexit had hampered the ability to control immigration

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Despite the promise leaving the EU would help the UK control its borders, most people surveyed said Brexit had hampered the ability to control...

BAD for the economy and BAD for controlling immigration

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

54 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

Not a debacle at all 
It is Starmer who should be apologising to women for his refusal to accept reality 

You mean the reality that the tories have so trashed the UK economy with funding PPEPals profits and energy company excess profits at UK taxpayer expense that the growth creating UK green revolution will have to wait until Labour have cleared some the debt the tories have loaded onto the UK before Labour can invest in the UK in a responsible way?

Thought that was accepting reality - however painful?

Lets hope labour can make the people the tories enriched pay a big chunk of the debt eh?

The Tory Legacy

The monstrous legacy of a decade of tory pal policies and self-serving

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

There are things ministers must do but also actions we can take to help fellow citizens. Both are now essential, says former PM Gordon Brown

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

7 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

It seems that TOR is just repeating the party line [from some of them anyway] and doesn't have an argument to put.

No quite happy to put an argument if you wish

If for example Jugg wishes to travel to Las Americas dressed as a woman and performs in his favourite bar , no problem 
My issue would start if he then demanded to use the Ladies Bathroom 

WWW.GBNEWS.COM

Rishi Sunak’s comments in Parliament about trans women sparked controversy

Far be it for me to quote The Guardian 
but didn’t Reeves boast that she was going to be “the green chancellor “
Wasnt this Labours one and only policy🤣

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Keir Starmer announces party will now spend less than £15bn on green projects a year if it wins election

and don’t try to blame Tory financial mismanagement 
Tax the non doms they will all leave
VAT on private school fees
kids thrown onto the state schools in droves 

and isnt Starmer still promising half of the 28B in the green revolution while remaining within fiscal rules

- with hopes to increase that when they get money back that the poops have cronyed to their mates

While the poopcons just keep re-promising FANTASY money they've already promised (and not costed), not spent and have no intention of spending

Let alone the far right who are just blowing hot air into our atmosphere and excess profits to fossil fuel companies foreign shareholders

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, theoldrouge said:

Tax the non doms they will all leave

So? They can pay taxes or leave - and good riddance to those who leave

Correction

So? They can pay taxes and then leave if they want to - and good riddance to those who leave

.. but they can all pay their taxes - and that includes the nationals tax avoiding

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So meat smuggling gangs and others are expected to drive 22 miles unsupervised to have the cargo checked. I never understood how that would work.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Authority weighs up legal action against government over new checks on imported meat taking place 22 miles inland

Illegitimi non carborundum

that would pay for a hell of a lot of free school meals for british kids wouldn't it

which would be much better value for money than paying for a right wing nuts ego and fantasies

The Tory Legacy

The Good Law project is concerned about political parties harvesting data, paricularly a government one that offers a tax calculator.

Jolyon Maugham also sent an SAR to see what information HMG hold on him and they sent 1384 pages, about 6" of paper. The GLP aren't even sure that they've been sent everything.

Illegitimi non carborundum

GLP generally do a great job in researching issues such as PPE VIP Lane, but on this data issue, from reading through the information, I am not convinced they have uncovered anything which suggests they have a good case in court. If you use a tax calculator on a political parties website and agree to your data being used for marketing information, then unless they find data that should not have been obtained/used, then I can't see this going anywhere, other than ICO requiring a few minor changes e.g. clarification on uses of data on website.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

why @unclebulgaria67?

Even just the first point:

"The first element was that the Tories acted unlawfully in failing to seek consent before their online tool placed unnecessary cookies. They say they did obtain consent but our analysis shows that is clearly wrong"

what in the above do you dispute, and why?

The Tory Legacy

Pretty much every website you enter in the UK has a consent to cookies pop up to answer.

We will see where this argument goes.

Don't trust current Government,  the Tory party or Labour party very much, but that does not mean I would believe 100% of what is reported. Hopefully the ICO will complete a full investigation and reveal the facts.

UK needs a major change to the political system. Proportional representation to enable other parties to eventually break up the blue/red seesaw system we had for too long.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread