• Tweets

• My autistic son brought a van from a private seller. ( there was 5 other cars on his drive and another van, plus loads of machanic tools in his hallway,  so he probably is a unofficial dealer).  He gave the van a once over, he checked for any warning lights that might be on, there was none. He checked underneath for any rust etc, it all looked fine. The body was rough, but you'd expect that for the age of the van.  He got his brothers machanic to give it a pre mot check, as the van was old so he expected it to have a few problems. The van is a deathtrap, the seller had blacked out all the warning lights that were on the dash,  and I mean all.  He had also painted some kind of black stuff on the underside, to hide all the damage there.   My son drove it for over 2 hours to get it home. The machanic said he's surprised my son is still alive, and an untrained eye would not of seen what the seller had done.  Iv asked the seller for a refund and for him to have the van back, but he is refusing. Is there anything we can do.   
    • The economy grew by 0.6% in the first three months of the year, ending a shallow recession.View the full article
    • First of all it sounds as if your retailer is very decent and very responsible. This itself is unusual in these kinds of circumstances and I think we need to bear this in mind. The guarantee is not particularly relevant and in fact the dealer had a statutory duty to exercise a certain responsibility for your computer – probably for several years as their obligation under the consumer rights act. The dealer may not have known this and it simply acting out of a sense of moral responsibility and that is even more noteworthy. You've already suggested earlier that you didn't really want to cause problems for your retailer. I think that you will need the help of your retailer as well in order to get information and evidence. I suggest that you proceed against DPD – but before you do that – I suggest that you have a discussion with the retailer. Tell them that this is what you are going to be doing and you would like to have a copy of anything they have which relates to the special instructions which apparently your dealer has already informed you about in relation to where item should be left. Secondly, maybe you should tell your dealer about this site and also about this thread. I can imagine like many dealers who are frequently sending items by means of couriers, they have had things go missing. Tell them that we will be very happy to help them recover money for lost or damaged or stolen items – and that is regardless of whether or not they have purchased insurance. Apart from being very pleased to help your dealer recover items which have been lost by irresponsible parcel delivery companies, I think we need to encourage the complicity between you and them so they will be pleased to support you in your claim against DPD. It will be helpful if you can get a copy of the instructions that you have referred to above, and also if you can get some written evidence of your own instruction that your laptop should be left in a safe place. Have you done the reading on this sub- forum? You will need to do lots of reading of many of the similar stories on this sub- forum. They won't necessarily be against DPD but the principles will broadly be the same. Also read the pinned topics at the top of the sub- forum in order to understand many of the principles involved. Getting your money back but be quick – but your chances of success are better than 90% that you can bank on it taking anything up to a year. Have you got anything in writing from DPD either refusing you or telling you that they won't discuss with you?  
    • Thank you for telling us the text of the letter you had from the police. As we don't seem to have come across this before, it would be really useful for us to see the original please. HB
    • Pasco has recalled 104,000 packs of sliced bread after rat remains were found in at least two packs.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Not the fault of the speaker 
He was put under intolerable pressure by Starmer and his cohorts and those outside in the mob .(Of Jugg s ilk)in an attempt to subvert democracy 
All the government need to do is grant the SNP another day to debate 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

slander, waffle and misdirection

Evidence for your slander?

We have credible evidence as well as systemic evidence of badenoghs (and the POs) lies - wheres your evidence? Other than unsourced rumors that Gray was involved? Not that I'd put owt past her - especially with all the arguable malfeasance with the Tories - the Tories were quite upset when she abandoned them as losers weren't they?

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

All the government need to do is grant the SNP another opposition day debate on the issue

Gods teeth, with a minor correction and a number of side issues yo ignore, a statement from you that makes a bit of  sense. Wonders clearly will never cease.

BUT what about the simple fact that a motion was passed and the Scot motion never would have been without amendments?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Oh, and if my party were presenting a proposal, it would be

1. Immediate ceasefire and release of all hostages/prisoners by all sides with international oversight of any breaches

2. Immediate recognition of the 2 state solution and each states right to exist agreed by all parties

3. Immediate withdrawal of all Israeli forces and illegal settlers from Palestinian territory

4. Negotiations with any changes from internationally agreed borders requiring mutual agreement on all sides considering if any changes to borders are mutually beneficial and should be implemented

First three points all to be agreed together

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

MMmm he might moderate their content a bit (sic)

The Tory Legacy

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

1. Immediate ceasefire and release of all hostages/prisoners by all sides with international oversight of any breaches

2. Immediate recognition of the 2 state solution and each states right to exist agreed by all parties

3. Immediate withdrawal of all Israeli forces and illegal settlers from Palestinian territory

4. Negotiations with any changes from internationally agreed borders requiring mutual agreement on all sides considering if any changes to borders are mutually beneficial and should be implemented

1)since Hamas want to destroy Israel and eliminate every Jew you are calling for a surrender by Israel 
2)as per point one
3)as per point one
4) never going to happen 

meanwhile the mob you clearly support 
brings more disgrace upon this country 

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Activists pulled off the stunt in full view of dozens of police monitoring a protest outside Parliament on Wednesday night.

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

13 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

1 minute ago, theoldrouge said:

1)since Hamas want to destroy Israel and eliminate every Jew you are calling for a surrender by Israel

See my points one and two - and its no more calling for a surrender from Israel than it is calling for surrender from Palestine

What it IS calling for all to do is surrender their hatred and accept each others rights to exist and self-govern - the only basis for both to survive and thrive.

I accept it might be considered 'calling for surrender' from hate mongers driving the conflict on any side.

The Tory Legacy

3 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

The News Agents have done an investigation into the man who wants to buy the Telegraph.

Seems to me that marshall is even less fit to run a UK media company than Murdock is , especially given the amount of times GBnotNews is toothlessly rebuked by even the gutless current regulator

Lets hope the soon labour guv gives the regulator some teeth - and a kick up the backside to actually do their job

The Tory Legacy

Companies linked to Lord Nash have earned £3.8m er eight years in government contracts.

WWW.NEWSTATESMAN.COM

New analysis reveals the scale of spending on companies in which John Nash has declared a financial interest.

Illegitimi non carborundum

I see, like truss,  anderson is still immune from the results of his spouting racist conspiracy nonsense at taxpayer expense

as GBnotNews continues with breaking UK media rules with impunity

These three headlines just the tip of the PoopCon corruption and cronyism iceberg

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Rishi Sunak is under pressure to withdraw the whip after the Tory MP claimed ‘Islamists have control’ of the London mayor

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Ofcom is accused of not treating all broadcasters the same and of dragging its feet with investigations into the rightwing channel

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Ex-PM appears with former Trump strategist Steve Bannon and talks of ‘deep state’ ousting her from power

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

What is JRM trying to prove with this? Is he in battle with Truss as to who can get the comedy vote?

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The MP said he did not recall ever drinking skimmed or semi-skimmed milk in his life

This might honestly be up there with Sunak's card blunder and Miliband trying to eat a sandwich. Only good part of GB "News" is now we have a place to know where these blunders happen. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A warning to children perhaps?

drink full fat milk and end up a toady prat like him? (not that anything from him can be believed in any way)

Mind you - hes another already well on course to loose his seat isnt he? - no doubt looking to the lords though so's he can continue to spout utter nonsense at taxpayer expense for years to come

Starmer really needs to do something about these idiots elevated by cronyism when hes in.

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Or perhaps labour should just win - and crown a new PM every 6 months for the next 5 year with a corresponding honors list and massive pension for the ex pms and ministers eh?

The Tory Legacy

Ah the fake outrage from the left over Lee Anderson telling it as it is.No racist comment there at all unlike the Left who spout “the right kind of racism “
on an almost daily basis 
Even display it on Elizabeth Tower
Little wonder when Labour is chasing 4million Muslim votes compared to only 273000 Jews in this country 
We are in grave danger of the type of religious sectarian politics becoming the norm if something isn’t done soon 
All aided and abetted by those on the Left
Corbynism is alive and well and living in the Labour Party

9 minutes ago, theoldrouge said:

I've not come here to condemn racist slurs by my hero Anderson

Neither am I here to condemn horrendous racist antisemitic slurs by pals and dinner guests of my heroes trump and tayler green

I'm just here to try to excuse them

Feel free to correct the above (with condemnations) - if you honestly can

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

As @theoldrouge has repeatedly NOT condemned racist and even VERY clearly antisemitic propaganda from his right wing heroes and their pals - its unrealistic to expect him to do anything other than continue to spread hate, deceit and division + attempt to excuse racist and even antisemitic extremists across the world

Mind you even at 30p lee is about to be seriously discounted isnt he?

- whether he jumps over to malform/rephorm/whatever they call themselves now -  or not (like the tories let barmy bridgend avoid a recall fearing the resulting by-election eh?)

and good riddance to all racist rubbish

Should be a recall for 30p lee too - but that would be another seat gone (early) from the Tories eh?

Recons he was offered a wodge of money to jump to my malform (where he belongs) didn't he?

- and allegedly blackmailed the weak tories to get promoted above far better real Tories for him to stay - and run those malform policies anyway - well the taxpayer funded pensions better for him now isnt it?

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

He's known for his unapologetic style, but ultimately, it could end up costing Lee Anderson his seat as an MP.

Lets hope labor squash all pensions/ongoing costs for ALL Mps who either dont serve a full term or get booted out the party they were voted in for or get kicked out of parliament for malfeasance of any kind - whatever the party - and ALL PMs who dont serve a full term

That'll save the taxpayer a few hundred million quid.

and kick out all peers who have not actually done anything other than turn up at the lords

The Tory Legacy

And with 30p Lee's suspension. The Tory's majority in the Commons goes down to just 46, from 80 in 2019.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hes promised to 'continue' supporting the PM from the benches eh?

LOL

Given his behavior so far, continuing seems to be the last thing sunak would want - with 30p jumping to mal/de/pre/form being second

I note some torys are saying 'if he apologises he sould be let back in ..

Somewhat different to what they were shouting at the ex labour rochdale guys conspiracy theories - which weren't racist - at least not unequivocal so like 30pee.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Well, after all the Tory/right wing raging at Rochdales now ex labour candidate for simply uttering a conspiracy theory, for which he thouroughly and unequivocally apologised .. but was still kicked out

The deputy prime minister has said Lee Anderson was suspended for using “the wrong words” in an anti-Muslim rant about Sadiq Khan on GB News - as Rishi Sunak continued failing to address the comments.

Oliver Dowden said Mr Anderson was given the chance to apologise for claiming the London mayor is controlled by “Islamists”, and would have kept the Tory whip if he had, but was eventually suspended for refusing to say sorry.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Sadiq Khan says it is ‘time for the Tories to stop the moral rot’ of anti-Muslim hatred in the party

Sounds to me like the Rochdale labour candidate should be reinstated, but only a majority of the Rochdale Jewish associations accept Ashar Alis' extensive and unequivocal apology

The Tory Legacy

truss sitting with bannon while yucky lemon is touted as a hero .. while being paid and protected by the british taxpayer

Barmy and dangerous to democracy

"It’s disgraceful as a former prime minister that carries that title to go and position herself as a British maga wannabe and to lend credence that a former prime minister (despite how utterly nuts she is, and how short lived her government was) to the maga movement. She ought to be fined for it"

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

But that british taxpayers are paying vast sums to her for doing it is obnoxious

Think we need a petition to strip her of her UK funding - just like harry was

The Tory Legacy