Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Badenoch accused Staunton of a series of “completely false” accusations, telling MPs (they made sure?) there was no proof that Staunton had been told to delay payments and that such an approach would be “mad”.

“There is no evidence whatsoever that this is true,” she said.

.. well apart from the victims saying this has been happening for ages - and the simple evidence that payments have and are being delayed despite the guvs ongoing claims with VERY little evidence that they are doing anything other than delaying payments

- and only since the TV dramatisation

So what do we believe folks? The 'words of a blatantly self-serving 'new-tory politician, or the evidence we see?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Is it me, or is the whole world going mad ?

What happened to the intelligent politicians who actually cared about the world and all people, rather than narrow political money making schemes.

Appears current politicians first question they ask themselves when faced with a decision, is 'what is in it for me ?'

As one of my colleagues darkly said recently "we need a world war to sort this all out"

• I agree 2

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

It's not you, UB. Sad comment about needing a world war though. :classic_sad:

Going back to Badenoch, although the situation comes under madness for me, Peston tweeted this. I haven't found a legible copy of what Henry Staunton said, so far.

Business secretary Kemi Badenoch made highly damaging charges in the Commons against Henry Staunton, the chair of the Post Office who she sacked. He has now issued a detailed rejection of what she alleged. If she is found to have knowingly misled MPs, she is in trouble

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

9 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

While we wait for @theoldrougeto do something as simple as condemn those who trade in racist, bigoted and antisemitic rhetoric 

Already have , the ex Labour candidate in Rochdale,  and a number of other Labour candidates  
Then the mob who tried to intimidate Elwood outside his house and the Saturday regular hate mob
Hows that for starters 

Yet more evidence 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Happy to include him together with the so called comedian who hounded Jews out of the audience in a London theatre for refusing to applaud the Palestinian flag
And let’s not forget Starmer is about to U turn on the matter yet again 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Defra has buried a report about dire effects on hill farmers.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: FOI request reveals fears many would sell up if they saw assessment of post-Brexit farming payments scheme

1 hour ago, theoldrouge said:

Nothing with any credibility whatsoever

So still not condemned Trump/taylor Green and their support and dining of antisemitic/racist/hate monger guests and racist antisemitic channels eh?

You: Happy to give a pass to clear unapologetic right wing antisemites and Putin enablers eh @theoldrouge while railing against .. largely nothing when it suites your rabid politics

Me: I'm more than happy to condemn any genuine racist comments - whatever the bigots politics.

It just seems that the majority do seem to be on your side of the political divides eh? @theoldrouge

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

yet more cover-ups by UK guv officials

Exclusive: FOI request reveals fears many would sell up if they saw assessment of post-Brexit farming payments scheme

According to the minutes:

• One official commented: “Could end up with no pathways to success at the end. We only want to publish if we have something which is positive to tell people.”

• Government officials admitted that upland farmers were falling into financial crisis and may go out of business.

• Officials feared that when upland farmers saw the data showing how much money they would make they would sell up.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Dishonesty and cover-ups beginning to look rather familiar eh?

The Tory Legacy

As Sunak is now claiming that farmers will get record support

- must mean after labour gets in after GE - as the tory haven't done squat for years except cut support and say the UK doesn't need farming and fishing eh?

and anything Sunak offers will be so caveated and restricted only their vipAL 'farmers' will get owt anyway

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Sunak when pressed on promises already made - and NOT delivered on - will he make a manifesto commitment (again..)

Of course we want to deliver on all I've promises, but I'm not writing our manifesto here blah blah

... Wasn't worth tuppence when it was in the manifesto was it

The Tory Legacy

WWW.THESUN.CO.UK

RED Wall MP Scott Benton today lost his appeal against a 35-day Commons ban.Rishi Sunak now faces another bruising by-election with Mr Benton set...

more tory snouts straight in the trough

RED wall Tory MP Scott Benton faces suspension from Commons after being caught in gambling lobbying scandal

Rishi Sunak faces another bruising by-election after Scott Benton lost his sleaze appeal against a 35-day Commons ban.
Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

He appealed - some weird claim that some interpretation of some notifications sent out meant it was fine to accept gratuities and lie about the worth or some such. - thats another labour seat shortly ...

Why hasn't Patels been up - she breached the ministerial code repeatedly, whatever boris the liar might say

WWW.PARLIAMENT.UK

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The chief inspector of borders and immigration whose contract isn't being renewed has been sacked with immediate notice. I imagine this is because he spoke out about the Rwanda scheme.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

James Cleverly gets top civil servant to fire David Neal after clashing over series of critical reports

So as usual - rather than fix the issue .. just sack the guy who has probably raised the issue many times and been frustrated by the guv sidestepping addressing the risk to the UK caused by their ongoing negligence/incompetence?

Well at least the guv wont be able to claim we didnt know how could we know ..

Mind you, they probably still will.

The Tory Legacy

Yep, although we dont actually know the full details of the unreported reports .. Of course, we can be sure that private planes detail fully, accurately and without favour who and what they are carrying .. I mean they wouldn't be private otherwise eh?

"

Only a fraction of the 70,000 private jet flights arriving each year are met by Border Force officials to check the occupants’ documents. (let alone what they are carrying)
Aviation sources said that private passengers could “be away within minutes and without any formal checks”.
The majority of private flights are classified as “low risk,” meaning that pre-departure security checks conducted on passengers have not triggered a red flag.

phuut

The Tory Legacy

Truss Johnson Smugg Anderson and Farage - the new tory cabinet

- perhaps they will give Farage Baderthanbads ultra safe seat - now that could turn the voters there to the libs eh? and get rid of a problem person

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

'Explosive' findings on asylum hotels also expected to be delayed until after general election due to sacking of immigration inspector

The Government could be spared the release of two potentially “explosive” reports into asylum hotels and the Rwanda scheme until after the general election due to its sacking of the watchdog scrutinising its work, i can reveal.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/home-office-escape-critical-rwanda-report-after-sacking-watchdog-2918778

Leading bankers are set to warn ministers that David Cameron's plan to seize £26bn of Russian assets held in UK accounts could spark a run on banks and a global financial crisis worse than 2008

- INEWS

https://inews.co.uk/news/inside-city-fightback-camerons-plan-seize-26bn-russian-assets-2918654

The Tory Legacy

The Commons are debating a vote of no confidence in the Speaker. This seems OTT.

Suddenly Tory MPs think that someone who doesn't respect the House should stand down from their job. The list of Tories who haven't is very long.

I've always thought that Hoyle favoured the Tories over Labour - the Tories haven't complained about that.

Maybe someone will prorogue parliament to stop the vote eh?

or just railroad through a change to the rules .. that alters something other than what it sold as

.. or simply just not release the results ...

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy