seeking your help in the form of tips to recover my home from tenants - is it a straight case of serving a Section 21?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Members - I am a 'reluctant landlord' forced into the role due to losing my job and having to look for a job elsewhere, following which I had to leave my home which I have had to rent out.

I am now seeking your help in the form of tips to recover my home from tenants - is it a straight case of serving a Section 21? 

Their deposit is protected formally and they are on a rolling monthly contract following expiration of the fixed term contract.  There is an arrears of £50 in rent since 1 July 2021. 

The tenants are likely to view this as a surprise move but at the same time, they are not the best to engage in conversation, they have a gift of the garb! 

I just want the contract to end amicably, as well as avoid further accumulation of rent arrears. 

I would be grateful for some advice please, if possible.

I hope you can help.

With thanks.

45002 - Before signing up to this Forum, I read and agreed to the Terms & Conditions; I did so again yesterday to refresh my mind.  No where does it say I cannot ask my query on other platforms. 

So I do not see why you're being a tyrant and blocking other helpful Members to contribute their knowledge and experience to the question I'm posing. Why are you censoring and trolling my posts on other platforms? Why can I not get intelligence from other Members more experienced and knowledgeable than myself from this site?

Why are you blocking their input by saying that I have had elsewhere when the comments you're referring to are not even conclusive?  Is that what you spend your time doing? It's pathetic.

What Forum Rule/s have I broken by seeking help from another platform?

I'm genuinely grateful that I've had a lot of helpful from this Forum over the years.  But the statistical reality is that there are always the likes of people like you who out of nothing but spite, ill-will and malicious intent, choose to undermine the very objectives this Forum was set to do, that is to help the simple people like me and I'm sure others out there, in their different environments and situations. 

This is an invaluable resource for intelligent conversation and help for consumers.  You did not have to block Members from commenting on my query - you should be ashamed of selfishness.  You don't know me and my situation - so where do you get the motivation other than pure evil! 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed
  • Sad 1

Hi.

As far as I can see, 45002 hasn't blocked anyone from answering your post. Please, let's not make this personal.

To me, but I'm not an expert, the reply on the other forum seemed to be quite informative. Do you have other questions that you'd like answers to here?

HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you HB and I'm sorry for venting my frustrations in this way. But the thought of being quoted from a different site is inevitably off-putting to Members who might have put their thoughts and views on paper to me. Why though, the need to cite my content from another platform? I'm a novice and reluctant landlord and I try not to get things right.  As I say, Forum Members here have given me an education over the years.  Please be reassured that I am not taking things personally, but seriously. 

The other question I have, with regards to processing Section 21 Notice - if the rent payment date is the 1st of the month, and I have to give the tenants 4-months Notice (according to the June government guidance), does the Notice start date commence from the date of 'service' or the date the next rent is due?  I have tried to read on this but I cannot find anything specific to periodic tenancy. 

I would be grateful for any help / steer you may be able to provide.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Well no..its quite helpful to our users as they can see what advice you have already received so not waste time asking the same here again and move to their next idea..

not sure as hb says that it can or could ever constitute blocking or be a detriment at all to you..

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Honeybee has addressed this and moved on, I do not know why you are taking a retrogressive step and alluding to the suggestion that I am wasting time. 

I am not forcing any one to contribute to my post, am I? So how am I wasting anyone's time? On the contrary it is you who is wasting my time because I have to respond to the trash talk you're now spewing.  Why should I limit my research to one platform, people have different views and perspectives.

For example, I did not know that the Government issued Section 21 Guidance in June 2021, something which was brought to my attention by another landlord on a different platform. This is an extremely timely and pertinent development because as every landlord know, you miss a detail and it can be extremely costly.

No point in me answering the legal aspects, if like dx (who is a member of the site team and a valued contributor to the site!) it just puts me in line of fire for personal comments from the OP.

OP : stop. Take a step back. Look at how people (who don’t know you!) will see your posts, and how likely they make it that you’ll get help.

It is a self-help site, so your posts best starting helping you, not discouraging replies.

If the OP chooses to lash out at this post (or me, in general), too : that, rather than anything I’ve said will be what inhibits advice / replies!

Edited by BazzaS

WWW.GOV.UK

Information for landlords on tenant eviction: assured shorthold tenancies, including eviction notices, Section 21, Section 8, accelerated possession...

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Section 21 and wait the 4 months appears to be the answer.

What are your thoughts about why this would not be the best option ?

Section 8 reasons would be ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Old and New threads merged

unclebulgaria67 please may I ask why these two threads have been merged when they are disparate issues involving different set of tenants and wholly different circumstances. The impact of this merge is that Members will be completely and unnecessarily confused and as a result, I will not get appropriate help.  I am wondering what I said in my post that made you think that the two posts were intertwined when the opposite could not be more true.

I would be grateful for your explanation and rationale please otherwise I will have no choice but to delete my post and start all over again. 

Maketa79

I'm afraid I agree with unclebulgaria. It's the same property and the same tenants, so it's normal to merge threads. As he says, it would be helpful for us to understand what's happened since you started the thread last year because I'm certainly not clear.

Please let's not get bogged down on you feeling that people are picking on you, it's not the intention at all.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Have split the threads again.  For anyone reading this, the OP is having problems again with new tenants since this thread..and their new thread is below. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to seeking your help in the form of tips to recover my home from tenants - is it a straight case of serving a Section 21?