Birmingham council Blue Badge fraud use - now magistrates date. **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've been round this discussion several times @Blackcat13

No he does not have to dismiss you. There's no law that says you cannot work in a school if you have a conviction for fraud. But he is entitled to dismiss you if he chooses to..

As various people have said it is, sadly for you, likely that you will be dismissed. But it is not inevitable. Ultimately the governors (if you work in a Local Authority school) or the Academy Trustees (if you work in an academy) will decide.

Which is why I have been consistently advising you that it's important to get advice from your union  and to have them accompany you and speak for you at the disciplinary hearing that will inevitably have to take place. They are experienced in putting forward special reasons why you should not be dismissed. I wouldn't expect the disciplinary hearing to take place until after magistrates have decided your case.

It is possible he could suspend you until the disciplinary hearing is arranged. The head has the power to do that. In my opinion that would be unreasonable in your situation and if it happens get union help immediately.

Thank you, I know you have previously said all these things but my head is all over the place at the moment and I’m not coping well with it all. The amount of times I burst into tears because I possibly could lose everything… if I lose my job I don’t know how I will be able to provide for my children and with a criminal conviction I will be unable to afford to pay my car insurance as it is an extra £200 per month. I barely can afford things now so I literally don’t know how I would do these things. Feel like my whole life is ruined 

Under your Staff Disciplinary Policy you probably are not entitled to have your union rep with you because it's not a formal disciplinary meeting.  But if I were in your position I'd ask my union rep to come with me on the grounds that I know it inevitably will lead to a formal discioplnary process later so I'd like my rep there from the start.

Head could refuse though. Make sure head knows in advance if union rep is accompanying you.

Sorry it’s taken ages to reply…

The head was really understanding but if I am convicted then a disciplinary procedure will occur. 
I have seen a solicitor today and he is going to try and contact the prosecutor at the council to see if it can be dealt with outside of court. If not he will attend court with me next week and it’s up to me whether I plead guilty or not. 

Good to know the head was "on your side" as much as that was possible.

Also good idea by your solicitor to at least try for an out of court settlement.

Have you been able to get legal aid to pay for the solicitor to attend court?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

He said that I’m guilty because I parked there but if I want to fight it and argue that I only intended on parking there while I sorted my children out, then I should plead not guilty because of the long term effects on me and my job.

Hopefully, it can be settled without going to court.