Birmingham council Blue Badge fraud use - now magistrates date. **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Spent all night reading and it seems it’s made my stress levels and anxiety through the roof. 
There seems such a range of different ways of dealing with this from fines to a criminal conviction which doesn’t seem right as two people who have committed the same crime have had different sentences/convictions. 

If no duty solicitor can be found tell the Usher when they come to collect you for the hearing that you've asked to see the duty solicitor for advice  but the solicitor still hasn't seen you.

Re-read Post #35 by Man in the middle explaining why you are entitled to see the DS and be prepared to explain that to the Usher and the court.

• Like 1

The prosecutor has just been about asking how I plead. As I had already seen the form saying guilty I said guilty. She said there was no need to see a duty solicitor as it should be straight forward as long as I admit what I did was wrong

• Like 1

My union have just called and they have told me to ask for a duty solicitor. I have asked and there is one here for Wolverhampton but as my case is from Birmingham they are unsure if anyone will see me. 
What am I supposed to do??  

1 hour ago, Ethel Street said:

If no duty solicitor can be found tell the Usher when they come to collect you for the hearing that you've asked to see the duty solicitor for advice  but the solicitor still hasn't seen you.

Re-read Post #35 by Man in the middle explaining why you are entitled to see the DS and be prepared to explain that to the Usher and the court.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In that case request an adjournment until one is available. It is a tenet of English law that a defendant is entitled to legal advice before  a case is heard and a duty solicitor MUST be available if the defendant has no means of having their own legal representative.

The prosecutor is being disingenuous in saying that as you are pleading guilty, that a DS is not necessary. You are entitled to the best possible mitigation and the DS can advise on that and could present it in such a way as best serve you.

Edited by Gick
  • Like 1

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

That legal advisor is there to explain the law to the magistrates, He/she will not assist you in mitigation.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

yes, which is why MiTM said tell the court, 

you can even state such to the judge when you get inside

state i have not seen a DS and feel it would be better if i did before we begin it is my LEGAL RIGHT

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

11 minutes ago, Gick said:

In that case request an adjournment until one is available.

and they

Which is why I said that you should request an adjournment until such time as you have been able to see the DS in my previous post.

just tell the judge immediately you want an adjournment as you have not seen a DS, and that is your legal right before proceedings against you begin.

you should be ok.

why not tell the clerk this too now

dx

and they