stringernicy v HSBC ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes. you take the completed form back to the courts with a copy of the schedule of charges and your payment. You also send another copy of the schedule of charges to the bank head office. Dont panick. We are all here to help you.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW MERGED - 16 threads!!!

PLEASE stick to one........

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

MCOL is easy peasy - BUT you are limited to only 1080 characters of text in your claim and/or 24 lines - sounds a lot, but it sure 'aint !!

Steve

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

16 threads - that must be a record!

as the man says - try sticking to just this thread especially if you are asking for assistance - it is way too complicated otherwise.

i found the mcol very straightforward and simple. go on the site now and register, move it along to the particulars point and just keep editing til it fits - then when the date comes to file - you are totally ready. with mcol you keep it all very general: 5. Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim . this is one. i'm happy to post mine but i did forget to put in a request for daily interest - so try to fit it in; this is mine word for word:

EDITED - Please provide links to the library rather than posting the wording

you'll find it very similar to the template as that's what i based it on - but you get the idea - keep it general - your specific stuff is in your breakdown of charges. the mcol tells you how many lines you've used so it's pretty simple to pare it down to size. does this help? don't start a new thread to answer. just carry on with quick reply

Hi stringernicy,

The MCOL system is by far the easiest, all online, pay your fee (variable depends on amount of claim)

You get confirmation online etc.

The 'only' downside is you are limited to a mere 1080 characters and 24 lines of text in your actual reason for claim section, but it can be done !! (I did)

Good luck !!!

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

hi all, been trying to copy p mcnamara interview onto a disc from real player, this is just in case i go to court. dont know how to do it though,any ideas? I have a printed version of it though.

Also thanks LATERALUS for your advice.

C&D,

Working out the interest is fairly straightforward,

Just use one of the spreadsheets in the templates section in here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Over write the example figures and insert your own, the sheet will calculate the interest for you.

Remember you only use the 8% figure you see many refering to in here when submitting your court claim, you can also claim a daily rate as well from that date of submission to the date of settlement.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if this message is in wrong place, cant find the right place.

My lba letter to hsbc expired on 12-12-06.

I took 2 completed N1 forms to my local court on 14-12-06, I recieved notification from the court a couple of days ago informing me of my case number and that it is deemed that the form was served to the bank on 16-12-06. So they have until 02-01-07 to reply or I win by default.

Hopefully they wont reply, but I dont think they are going to make it that easy for me.

;)

Hiya,

What I'd suggest is that you send your schedule of charges to DG Solicitors now.

If you look on your 'acknowledgement of claim' letter from the court , they'll be details of the defendant (name & address, possibly just an address). Send the schedule to them.

Hopefully this should speed them up.

Good luck!

Lisa :)

I agree with Lisa,

if you have a look on my thread, a few of us did that and I think, looking at others, that it speeded the process up. Good luck, its not far now!

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, To cut to the chase, HSBC have until tue 2nd JAN to acknowledge my N1 claim which was issued on the 16th DEC. The only correspondence I have recieved from them was about a week and a half ago, this was basically a reply to my prelim letter of 10th nov, which they did not reply to during the 14 day period, they never replied to the LBA letter, and they have not acknowledged my N1 claim, they just said they will get back to me on the 8th JAN. This is too late as by the time I recieved this letter from them the N1 had already been issued.

If I have no reply by the 2-1-07[deadline date]' should I proceed with filling out the form for judgement? And should I take in the form on the 2nd or the following day? ANY ANSWERS ARE MOST WELCOME.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.:D

Phone the courts on Wednesday to check the status of your claim. They might put in a late defence, which will delay it.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hello all. The deadline 14 day wait for an acknowledgement to my N1 claim is up today 2-1-07. I intend to go to my local court buildings tomorrow and unless HSBC have entered a late defense I intend to file for a judgement against them to pay up what they owe me. Lets hope they are stupid enough not to have bothered with a defense, [crossing fingers]

Incidentally did anyone see the money programme about three weeks ago which was concerning this very subject. The interviewer spoke directly to a head of banking at HSBC [britains largest bank, I wonder why?] the man in question categorically said that they will not enter into court as it is not in their best interest, as did all the other major banks.

Not surprisingly they would not divulge how much charges should be, so the programme makers employed a couple of financial experts to try and work out the sums. Results were, bounced cheque/£4.50. failed d/d./£2.50. VULTURES!!!!!!! Any comments are welcome. My finger is poised over the donation button.:D

Hya Stinger, don't be surprized if they jump in late and they are allowed to..up to the court and shouldn't happen but it does.....

nothing stopping you , seeking an out of court settlement and trying to negotiate you know !

The banks don't want to go to court and in my experience with Lloyds, they eventually will negotiate even if they say they won't !

Give it a try. Nothing to lose.

• Haha 1

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

I recieved an offer today from HSBC, they dated the letter 2-1-07 exactly on the N1 claim deadline date [tricky so & so's].

they offered me £3500.00, I intend to reject this as my actual charges come to £4595.50 plus £807.00 interest at 8% plus I want my court fee back of £120.00 = £5522.50.

I am going to use the rejection letter in template section, do I need to inform the court of what I am doing or do I wait until there is a settlement? A fair one that is.

I must admit I thought I had them by default, that would have been very satisfying.:D

absolutely, and you don't need to notify the court - you don't even need to respond to this - but you might as well - modify the template rejection letter to include that as you haven't heard from them within the timeframe - you have already filed a claim - give them the claim number. just a basic thanks but no thanks letter. you are now dealing with dg solicitors, you'll get paperwork shortly showing that they have been served - then more showing that they have acknowledged and intend to defend - at that point, send dg a copy of your breakdown - the address is on the acknowl. - am i right in this - filing the N1 you already included 3 copies of your breakdown to the courts? if so, then that's already covered, so just watch for the paperwork.

Thanks for that Lateralus, the court only asked for two copies of N1 plus breakdown & particulars. The letter I have recieved is from a Colin Langdale [senior service quality officer] at hsbc, there is no address for any solicitors. They have attached form to fill in if I wish to accept which I obviously dont.

dear colin - he sends out more letters than i've had hot dinners - but never a full offer and usually as in your case a belated response to an earlier letter. his new tack is a lovely "i'm looking into your letter and will get back to you sometime before the next olympics so please sit there holding your breathe until you hear from me". we are advising anyone who gets this version to plow on with your timetable. yes, so the court is covered by breakdowns - just dg to send one to when you are acknowledged.

6 THREADS MERGED.

KEEP ALL INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS RELATING TO THIS CLAIM IN THIS ONE THREAD

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

6 threads, my you have been busy!

as a clairification for you, the 14 days is their deadline to acknowledge, not to defend (that would be in another 14 days IF they acknowledge.)

just written on another thread using N1 and they did not acknowledge and were able to ask for judgment after 14 days. if yours is the same - we may see a trend developing where they aren't on top of N1 claims. good luck, court tomorrow to check if they've acknowledged and then press for judgment if they haven't.