Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ach, you go away to watch the football and look what happens.

If anyone wants to question the motives of another poster, could they please do it somewhere else? I suggest 4chan. We really don't need a potentially interesting discussion about MWA turning into a bunfight, and I really don't want to be Antone, The Great Thread Closer from Krypton. But if needs must...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stated to keep this civil to that end dyfed you post is unapproved as it offers no help or advice to the OP

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ach, we tried, we really did. I mean, we'd rather ask for civility than close threads.

This is closed for now.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

as for my course i am planning to go on i am waiting on my ILA account as it is ILA funded so when this come through and i get it sorted out and sent away i should hopefully get more info to try get my adviser when i see her to let me go ahead with this as it is a course i would like to do and gave me a course to put on my CV.

can anyone answer this question.

why on job sites these days after a few jobs apps they tell u you can apply for another 3-6months? i really dont see the point in that especially when u are looking for work i just sign up using another email account i have to apply for it but i dont see the point in the cant apply for 3-6months.

the interview i have been talking about am not sure if it would be any good for me "monthly" pay as the same job that was put up few weeks back put up 2 days ago saying "salary Monthly" and it will take me nearly an hour to travel to this place the bus times can range from 37mins early in the morning or it could take up to over an hour later on and if i go for a train 30 mins then need to wait on a bus which should take 10-15 mins travel but its the cost of epically if im gonna be a monthly pay its not like a can walk to work as it would take me up to 4-6hours lol!

i think i done this in the book or online UJM (maybe) a job i had applied for at a place few years ago maybe 2 or maybe 3 years and she called me asking if i wanted an interview and my parents and family told me i would not handle it and people leave there every month and i told her the job centre had made me apply for it but i wasnt keen on this and even tho they didnt tell me to apply for it the woman said am not the person for the interview but al pass it on as shes in a meeting and then 30 mins later got a call back saying dont worry u dont need to attend and i wont let the job centre know about it as if u are not wanting to do it then we dont want u coming here which is fine as if its not for u then its not for u nothing we can do and got nothing against so as i said we wont job centre know and be no need to worry.

so this just the same as what i am doing with this job i dont want to do? like i said the job above i had apply for was i few ago and the job centre never said a word about it.

I can't figure out why you keep boxing yourself into a corner by applying for jobs that you can't do, that you can't get to or that you don't want and then worry yourself half to death trying to find ways to get out of it. Don't you want a reasonably quiet life of bliss?

snip

sorry for adding this comment to the thread, boomboomboom can you clear you private messages, trying to send you one but it says your mail box is full so you cannot accept anymore

I had to laugh

Given my work history and background and current life circumstances I did just literally laugh. My advisor made it out how MWA Will help me and give me a bridge to gap the hole in my CV.

I really do not know what some of these people are taking, but I think a lot of them have lost touch with reality. Employers DO NOT CARE, if you've done 4 weeks litter picking. It's going to make sod all difference, I've no idea what the goal with MWA actually is but it is definitely not to help you get work that is for sure.

I wish they'd be honest about it instead of spew a pile of crap.

I'll do it, only because I have too. But I'm not buying into the collective job centre delusion that it is there to help me find work.

Absolutely.

I've done some volunteering in the past and whilst it was was useful to me on a personal level (ie getting me up and about each day), no employer or agency I've applied for work with has been interested, I just get the usual 'and what about your last full time paid position?' question asked whenever I try to emphasise any useful activity I've done since becoming unemployed.

I finished with Ingeus last September and was sent for a MWA in November/December. I have 12 years clerical experience plus a number of clerical and IT based qualifications that I've achieved both in and out of work, and I was placed with......a 2nd hand council furniture store. Basically spent my 4 weeks doing nothing useful to my chosen career path, including some moving heavy furniture (and putting flat pack furniture together) and cleaning, despite both the JCP and the MWA provider (LearnDirect) knowing that I am actually limited in the amount of physical activity I can do (and that I actually receive low rate care/mobility DLA)....luckily the people at the placement were pretty reasonable, quickly realised my limits and didn't expect me to do anything I couldn't do, and I even ended up with a good reference from them.

Since then, I've had no interviews and barely any replies from jobs I've applied for, asides from automated acknowledgements of applications, and the agencies that have bothered to get back in touch with me aren't interested in the MWA at all as it has zilch to do with any of the clerical/admin positions I apply for.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Quick question, currently I'm attending MWA for 4 weeks and I've done about a week, I'm going to be signing off soon for a little bit because I'm moving back home.

What is the process for signing off? can you ring them and tell them you wish to sign off? what happens to my placement I assume I no longer have to attend do I ring my placement provider and tell them I've signed off as well? what happens to housing benefit if you sign off? Just want to ensure I'm still paid my last months and a bit of rent, I know the job centre tell them you have a change in circumstances but I will wish to keep my claim open for now and close it later so I guess I just have to tell them I still have no income and provide proof of that?

Thanks.

Once you close your JSA claim (you do not have to give a reason), the requirement to participate in any MWA ceases. If you have zero income, you will need to visit your local authority and make a nil income declaration. This should allow any HB and CTR to continue without a break.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

To sign off, take or send your ES40 (signing on card) to your Jobcentre. There is a section in it you will need to complete and sign, but as Mr P says, you don't have to give a reason if you don't want to. JSA is paid in arrears, so you might be due a final payment depending on when you last signed on and were paid. You do not need to participate in MWA when you are not claiming - whether or not you inform the provider that your claim has ended is entirely up to you.

Thanks,

I'll have to go to the council and tell them nothings changed then I guess in terms of income I've just signed off for a bit whilst I deal with other things then I'll probably sign back on.

• 1 month later...
I was on the two year work programme through Inge(ni)us b***ards. I finished last October and since then the JCP doesn't seem to know what to do with me (for which I am actually very grateful) I sign on once every two weeks and this consists of a different advisor each time, who looks at my donald duck job applications - literally sometimes I'll write - position applied for Chicken sexer) and they sign me. Done and dusted in under two minutes. I don't mean to sound glib, but I'm SO grateful after going through the mincer at Ingeus that the JCP seem to have given up on me as a lost project so far. I'm left free to apply for REAL jobs rather than jump through all the training hoops.

The whole system seems rotten from the top down to me. I don't even blame the depressed JCP drones or the stressed and bitter advisors at Ingeus who go through the motions. It's all about targets and getting money for the top of the pyramid, whilst those at the bottom on the front line are not really doing any better than the clients (me) that they see.

What I find truly incredible is that to get my £70pw pittance JSA whilst at Ingeus I had to work harder to keep one step ahead of them and show I was fulfilling their arbitrary mandates than I ever did when I was in full-time employment on £450 a week!

I was in the same vote left me alone for 8 months after completing WP thinking this was a little strange myself sorry to burst your bubble,

but you will be referred to the CWP this is what happened to me which involves 6 months 32 weeks unpaid community work plus 4 hrs job search as well as still signing on & visiting your JCP adviser or they will stop your benefits so just be ready pal.

i also left the work program last September.and i am just finishing my 4 weeks mwa . clearing out derelict buildings. now awaiting my next task.

Did you have to do the CWP ?

Cause I think they have made a mistake putting me on this course after the 28th April 2014.

Did you have to do the CWP ?

Cause I think they have made a mistake putting me on this course after the 28th April 2014.

you only Go to CWP if you finished the Work Programme After 28th April -people like me who finished before that date dont go to CWP and Stay on Post Work Programme for at least 26 weeks min an can be put on 4 weeks MWA after the first 8 weeks but then after 26 weeks it is then upto your MIR advisor and the jobcentre plus manager if placing you on CWP will help or give you a push to help you find work

TJR JNR

you only Go to CWP if you finished the Work Programme After 28th April -people like me who finished before that date dont go to CWP and Stay on Post Work Programme for at least 26 weeks min an can be put on 4 weeks MWA after the first 8 weeks but then after 26 weeks it is then upto your MIR advisor and the jobcentre plus manager if placing you on CWP will help or give you a push to help you find work

Well I finished the WP work program 29/07/2013 just after then I have had a job for 2 months, my adviser has only just stuck my on CWP community work program . So not a clue where I stand with it all had one appointment pulled a sickie today 2nd visit, just sorting out JSA28 form. from what I gather no one is having any luck getting off CWP do you think I have grounds for a complaint as well as being referred after 28th they gave me a CWPL1 by hand in JCP someone said it should of been a CWPL3 if it was mandatory they just make it up as they go along thinking of going to the CAB with this information what do you think is there any point really?

Well I finished the WP work program 29/07/2013 just after then I have had a job for 2 months, my adviser has only just stuck my on CWP community work program . So not a clue where I stand with it all had one appointment pulled a sickie today 2nd visit, just sorting out JSA28 form. from what I gather no one is having any luck getting off CWP do you think I have grounds for a complaint as well as being referred after 28th they gave me a CWPL1 by hand in JCP someone said it should of been a CWPL3 if it was mandatory they just make it up as they go along thinking of going to the CAB with this information what do you think is there any point really?

I havnt a clue with you having found 2 months work you must fall into the Mandatory CWP group which is just unlucky

TJR JNR

Hi guys,

I've got my post work programme support interview tomorrow and am nervous! I was on the work programme for "two years" but one of these years (September 2012 - September 2013) I was at university and therefore not on JSA at all. I also worked during June and July 2013. I'm just wondering whether I have a hope in hell of avoiding Community Work Placement if not permanently for the time being? Is it the consensus that almost everyone is getting referred to it now if they've had a PWPS interview after April 2014? I've heard about daily sign ons but given the amount of applications I've been doing I doubt that would be an option. Is there the possibility I could be put on or ask to be referred to any courses? I guess nobody will have a definite answer but would appreciate some guidance / assurance very much indeed!

Thanks for your time

Hi guys,

I've got my post work programme support interview tomorrow and am nervous! I was on the work programme for "two years" but one of these years (September 2012 - September 2013) I was at university and therefore not on JSA at all. I also worked during June and July 2013. I'm just wondering whether I have a hope in hell of avoiding Community Work Placement if not permanently for the time being? Is it the consensus that almost everyone is getting referred to it now if they've had a PWPS interview after April 2014? I've heard about daily sign ons but given the amount of applications I've been doing I doubt that would be an option. Is there the possibility I could be put on or ask to be referred to any courses? I guess nobody will have a definite answer but would appreciate some guidance / assurance very much indeed!

Thanks for your time

Sorry but ive never heard of sumbody doing 1 year on work programme then go to university for a year then when you go back to the jobcentre they send you strate to work programme even though you havent signed on for 12 months ? Im not sure thats right i would have thought you would have been treated as a complete new claim - Does Anybody know what period of time you have to off Jsa before if for some reason you have to claim jsa again that you go as a fresh new claim?

TJR JNR

Sorry but ive never heard of sumbody doing 1 year on work programme then go to university for a year then when you go back to the jobcentre they send you strate to work programme even though you havent signed on for 12 months ? Im not sure thats right i would have thought you would have been treated as a complete new claim - Does Anybody know what period of time you have to off Jsa before if for some reason you have to claim jsa again that you go as a fresh new claim?

Thanks for the reply. I've heard many times that the work programme is two years long even if you're not actually on it from the time you're referred to it. So even if you do other things within the two years, if you come back to JSA within the time you're still part of it and therefore can be on the Post work programme support. I think it's something to do with the Work programme providers not getting any money as they haven't found you work. Anyway yeah this is my situation and I'll see how things go tomorrow with the PWPS interview! Think I'll be contesting for sure if they put me on the Community Work Placement :!:

dennissmith - You are indeed correct. Once "attached" to the Work Programme, the sentence is two years regardless of any work or education breaks. The previous programme (Flexible new Deal) used to "three months of support once signed off" and then that would be the end of it. It also used to be the case that anything over three months between claims would reset the clock and you could avoid much of the misery with temporary 3-6 month jobs.

Presumably, once your course and employment ended in Sept.2013, you've been claiming JSA since then ?

If that is the case, then you will have clocked up twelve months of continuous claim, so now qualify as "long term unemployed" and qualify for all the wonders that the DWP have to offer. By all means challenge any placements on these new programmes and stress the point that you have only been claiming since September and haven't had any support or contact from a WP provider for over two years - That should get them scratching their ears as to whether you should be placed on the CWP.

Good luck, but don't hold your breath.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

dennissmith - You are indeed correct. Once "attached" to the Work Programme, the sentence is two years regardless of any work or education breaks. The previous programme (Flexible new Deal) used to "three months of support once signed off" and then that would be the end of it. It also used to be the case that anything over three months between claims would reset the clock and you could avoid much of the misery with temporary 3-6 month jobs.

Presumably, once your course and employment ended in Sept.2013, you've been claiming JSA since then ?

If that is the case, then you will have clocked up twelve months of continuous claim, so now qualify as "long term unemployed" and qualify for all the wonders that the DWP have to offer. By all means challenge any placements on these new programmes and stress the point that you have only been claiming since September and haven't had any support or contact from a WP provider for over two years - That should get them scratching their ears as to whether you should be placed on the CWP.

Good luck, but don't hold your breath.

Many thanks!