Me and My Various Benefit Claims and issues

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone give me things i can put down for my next jcp appointment as in the work booklet u have to set out your next activities so basically like the first time i put down will amend cv and send cvs away.h

just need ideas to keep the job centre happy and it shows am doing my side of my work load.

How did your appointment go today? Was she happy with what u wrote in your work booklet?

TJR JNR

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone give me things i can put down for my next jcp appointment as in the work booklet u have to set out your next activities so basically like the first time i put down will amend cv and send cvs away.

just need ideas to keep the job centre happy and it shows am doing my side of my work load.

similar to the current one, just change the jobs applied and companies you sent your cv to

if your job seekers agreement is the same, each week will be very similar in your job book

How did your appointment go today? Was she happy with what u wrote in your work booklet?

went fine 20mins chit chat and was fine i dont see her now to the 20th of june.

just told me to think of stuff to put down for my next activities and keep writing the other things i had down but what else can i put down as my next activities lol? as the things i could put down are covered by my other tasks i have to put down anyway ha

similar to the current one, just change the jobs applied and companies you sent your cv to

if your job seekers agreement is the same, each week will be very similar in your job book

ye she told me to think of other activities to do for my next week sign on but i dont really know what to tho as the main things i can think of will be covered really by the I WILL part.

just got back from my latest post work programme appointment

I have now been put back onto the regular sign on every two weeks, not sure how long this will go on for, but for now I have no community service or daily attendance to look forward to

least you are not weekly yet she has me down as every 2 weeks but after today she is away and got other things to do so said when i see u back on the 20th of june we will have to choose what it is she wants me to do like sign on everyday or voluntary work etc but i know it will be voluntary for most people as most people all ready do a lot of job search so a think they would rather u got put out for 26weeks for something to add to your cv

least you are not weekly yet she has me down as every 2 weeks but after today she is away and got other things to do so said when i see u back on the 20th of june we will have to choose what it is she wants me to do like sign on everyday or voluntary work etc but i know it will be voluntary for most people as most people all ready do a lot of job search so a think they would rather u got put out for 26weeks for something to add to your cv

4 weeks away from it is ok, you can enjoy the start of summer

for your other activities how about

create a couple of covering letters, tailored to the type of work you are wanting

register with some more on line job sites/agencies

any free local papers in your area you don't normally get that friends/family do

just a few thoughts

create a couple of covering letters, tailored to the type of work you are wanting

any free local papers in your area you don't normally get that friends/family do

just a few thoughts

ye the start of start but no doubt be a wash out then when am signing on or voluntary work be nice warm days ha.

ye am going to go down to my work club and hopefully get them to do so work on more covering letters so could be 1 activity.

i will try to sign up to more job sites but i have probz signed up to every one possible lol!

the only paper in my local area is the one i already do so probz just leave that one.

i will need to think what to do and get a few down just to keep them happy.

ye the start of start but no doubt be a wash out then when am signing on or voluntary work be nice warm days ha.

ye am going to go down to my work club and hopefully get them to do so work on more covering letters so could be 1 activity.

i will try to sign up to more job sites but i have probz signed up to every one possible lol!

the only paper in my local area is the one i already do so probz just leave that one.

i will need to think what to do and get a few down just to keep them happy.[/quote0 your probably best finding your own voluntary work before 20th June at least that way you will get to choose what voluntary work you do

TJR JNR

I remember back in the glory days of the Job Club, we used to pick companies out of the Yellow Pages and send off spec letters. You could put that in your Job Book...'sent off 5 spec letters to local companies'. I'd stick that in for every day too.

The JC and WP love spec letters - even though they know they never result in anything. Shows we're trying hard though!

I remember back in the glory days of the Job Club, we used to pick companies out of the Yellow Pages and send off spec letters. You could put that in your Job Book...'sent off 5 spec letters to local companies'. I'd stick that in for every day too.

The JC and WP love spec letters - even though they know they never result in anything. Shows we're trying hard though!

I remember back in the 90s attending a job club in Oxford (right by the train station), when the weather was nice we spent our time sitting outside on the flat roof, drinking tea and relaxing.

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

ye she told me to think of other activities to do for my next week sign on but i dont really know what to tho as the main things i can think of will be covered really by the I WILL part.

Weekly activities could include;

Visiting local foodbank

Running on the spot to try and keep warm because I cant afford heating

Going hungry again so my children can eat

Washing the cloths in cold water in the bath

Walking around local woods to find fire wood

Doing meaningless job applications to comply with my JSA agreement

Begging employers to exploit me and pay under the minimum wage

The list is endless

Yeah, those were the days. I attended one at the Clapham Jobcentre in 199x, and there was a small pond outside with ducklings. We just spent our time watching them and occasionally sending off a letter to an employer. I presume those letters were round-filed as soon as they were received, but the envelopes and stamps were free and the ducklings were cute.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I remember back in the glory days of the Job Club, we used to pick companies out of the Yellow Pages and send off spec letters.

Oh i remember them - Was on the receiving end.... The bulk of the 'spec letters' went straight in the bin, and the cold callers were got rid of as quick as possible - Tip: If you are going to ring a company up after a delivery job, make sure you have a full driving licence before you waste their time !

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Tip: If you are going to ring a company up after a delivery job, make sure you have a full driving licence before you waste their time !

Not these days, the job centre 'adviser' will tell you a bicycle and a can-do attitude is all that's required.

Not these days, the job centre 'adviser' will tell you a bicycle and a can-do attitude is all that's required.

I have a pallet in Bolton that needs collecting and delivered to Peterborough before Friday - It only weighs 360Kg, and the budget is £50 including VAT. :!:

Tip No.2: If you are sending out a 'spec letter' or cold calling a company, do a little research first to see what skills they might be looking for.

A bicycle and attitude is not going to get you far with the likes of Sugar or Stobart.

I have a pallet in Bolton that needs collecting and delivered to Peterborough before Friday - It only weighs 360Kg, and the budget is £50 including VAT. :!:

Tip No.2: If you are sending out a 'spec letter' or cold calling a company, do a little research first to see what skills they might be looking for.

A bicycle and attitude is not going to get you far with the likes of Sugar or Stobart.

Job Centre adviser: "Have you ever considered that it's your negative attitude that's holding you back Mr. P"

"Have you ever considered that it's your negative attitude that's holding you back Mr. P"

"Not at all. I will be flying off next month on contract. So while you are stuck in this dreary office all day, I will be in the mountains breathing in fresh air and smelling the flowers."

"Not at all. I will be flying off next month on contract. So while you are stuck in this dreary office all day, I will be in the mountains breathing in fresh air and smelling the flowers."

..I'd be tempted to send my old JC a nice postcard of that.

my mate is wondering if job centre dwp look at bank accounts at what goes in and out?

as my mate dad has a betting account online but his dad lost his bank card yesterday and he was wondering if he used his account for him to withdraw in to his account the dwp or whoever it is would find out and ask him? my mate said its about £100 130. or will it be fine? as is there not so much u can have up in your account before job centre or dwp can do anything ?

just a few thoughts

know anything i can do to add to actives to my work booklet i have register with more job sites

know anything i can do to add to actives to my work booklet i have register with more job sites

not sure what else you can put

everything that's part of your agreement

plus

create cover letters

update CV

phone employers

register with more websites

check more local papers

don't recall that the JC said you have to apply for a specific number of jobs a week, so covering everything on your agreement and applying for approx. 10 jobs per week should easily fill up a page on the job book

not sure what else you can put

everything that's part of your agreement

plus

create cover letters

update CV

phone employers

register with more websites

check more local papers

don't recall that the JC said you have to apply for a specific number of jobs a week, so covering everything on your agreement and applying for approx. 10 jobs per week should easily fill up a page on the job book

know any good sites to help u get a decent cover letter as i have one for retail but i have never worked in anything else so would want to know how to make like say waiting staff/bar staff stuff like this.

a will check paper today.

i apply for more than 10 jobs, since last wed i have applied for over 14 jobs so not like im not trying

know any good sites to help u get a decent cover letter as i have one for retail but i have never worked in anything else so would want to know how to make like say waiting staff/bar staff stuff like this.

a will check paper today.

i apply for more than 10 jobs, since last wed i have applied for over 14 jobs so not like im not trying

sounds like you are doing plenty

I usually just search for example covering letters and then slightly modify them

here is an example one I found for bar work (searched for 'bar staff covering letter'), just make sure to double check it is not full of American terms, if so put it into uk english

http://www.dayjob.com/content/bar-staff-cover-letter-example-1268.htm

when I do this I also put the covering letter on UJM, it adds it as an activity you have done automatically

sounds like you are doing plenty

I usually just search for example covering letters and then slightly modify them

here is an example one I found for bar work (searched for 'bar staff covering letter'), just make sure to double check it is not full of American terms, if so put it into uk english

http://www.dayjob.com/content/bar-staff-cover-letter-example-1268.htm

when I do this I also put the covering letter on UJM, it adds it as an activity you have done automatically

sure am.

ye am gonna have a look at that see what i can do with it.

how you getting on with your job searching?

sure am.

ye am gonna have a look at that see what i can do with it.

how you getting on with your job searching?

quite a few around, I have used some of the online ones

my job searching seems slow this week, covering everything on my agreement but so far only found 3 jobs to apply for this week :(