Firms Plumbers are not all gas safe registered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How can a plumbing company get away with advertising that all the plumbers are gas safe registered when they are not?

I mean don't the general public use common sense and check these things out.

Thank goodness I did some research on a company beforehand as I discovered the majority are not.

Why would a supposed ligit company feel the need to lie about such a thing, that's hardly putting the customer first is it letting unqualified plumbers loose in your home.

Depends what work the plumbers are carrying out, its not so straightforward

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Gas Engineers...plumbers are not on the Gas Safe register?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

A plumber doesn't need to be on the gas safe register if is only dealing with water pipes and systems, including radiators.

They need to be gas safe registered if they touch any gas pipe or a gas fired boiler.

Many companies have one registered plumber and many not registered.

The non registered will deal with water issues and the gas safe registered with boilers and gas.

Quite common.

The false advertising is a bit misleading, but as far as i know, It's not illegal because non registered plumbers will only act as labourers.

It's very dodgy if a customer asks for a gas safe registered plumber and they send a non registered.

Check their card.

gas safe are a joke, personal experience recently

Indeed!

I recently attended a job just finished by a gas safe plumber and all joints were leaking.

He didn't even bother to fit isolating valves on sink and toilets.

Bodgers!

I had a service done couple of weeks ago,

immediately called another engineer who diagnosed a major problem next day

Bosch sent heating engineer for Worcester and his 1st words were when was this last serviced???

showed him paperwork from 2 days previous,

he had also prior to this fault fine commented I did not expect to service the unit as well???

then refused to make a report for me,

I contacted the original engineer and he offered the service fee only back, and no mention of the additional cost!

Gas Safe said hard luck we cannot inspect as the faults have been corrected, told them to contact Bosch and their engineer can verify have heard no more from gas safe.

A local plumber could of done the job without a bit of paper - all a farce.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Basically you need to be gas safe registered (same as old CORGI) to sign off a job so a company can send round bloke 1 to do the work and get bloke 2 who is gas safe registered to chck it and sign off. Bloke 1 gets paid less.

As i said earlier its not straightforward, depends on how the company is set up.

Fir example, the company can be gas safe registered in its own right, then any "suitably qualified" gas engineer or plumber, providing they have the required licences fir the appliances they work on, can be registered under the one company gas safe registration.

On the other hand, if the company is not gas safe registered then ALL qualified engineers/plumbers will need individual registration for themselves.

No person, who is not qualified or licenced to work on each of the various types of gas appliances, can install/service/repair a gas appliance and then have a qualified engineer sign off the work. Any qualified gas engineer who does so will not only risk losing his gas safe registration and his livelihood but is also contributing to putting lives in danger and must be incredibky stupid to put that kind of trust in anothers work. If the muck hits the fan, it will be both whi are prosecuted.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

As i said earlier its not straightforward, depends on how the company is set up.

Fir example, the company can be gas safe registered in its own right, then any "suitably qualified" gas engineer or plumber, providing they have the required licences fir the appliances they work on, can be registered under the one company gas safe registration.

On the other hand, if the company is not gas safe registered then ALL qualified engineers/plumbers will need individual registration for themselves.

No person, who is not qualified or licenced to work on each of the various types of gas appliances, can install/service/repair a gas appliance and then have a qualified engineer sign off the work. Any qualified gas engineer who does so will not only risk losing his gas safe registration and his livelihood but is also contributing to putting lives in danger and must be incredibky stupid to put that kind of trust in anothers work. If the muck hits the fan, it will be both whi are prosecuted.

Agree that it's a bit risky, but checking all gas work and boiler installation is very straightforward for a gas safe plumber.

Basically is the same as checking an existing system and signing it off.

Nowadays boilers have very simple design and not much to screw up.

It's only a matter of one gas pipe going in.

If that doesn't leak and is sound all the way to the meter, It's good to go.

A few bits to check really: No leaks, boiler secured to the wall, electric connection ok and on a fused switch, sealed flue.

That's it really.

Some interesting comments here, the company is a heating company they install boilers and I did my research and discovered most of them are not qualified gas safe registered. To allow someone to enter a persons house and let them loose on a boiler who isn't gas safe registered is hardly looking after your customer. It's irresponsible on the firms behalf but I guess they only care about money and not the life of a person. I did inform gas safe but as other people have said they are not interested. Perhaps if people who are daft enough to use this firm were to check that both engineers are gas safe by making a quick call to the register then something may get done.

this is really a matter for misleading advertising and if you enter into an agreement with them based upon a false premise the you have a right to make a claim for that. trading standards are the people to talk to but they will only act if they can find an example of unsafe work or other serious breach.

Gas safe is a ltd company owned by capita, all they are interested in is profit.

Was much better when corgi was appointed to run the scheme as they were non profit making and did the job because they cared about safety.

Gas safe were appointed by the HSE, escalate to them if gas safe wont get involved.

Sounds about right Martin, this company are only interested in profit and certainly not the customers. Gas safe aren't interested and clearly do not care. Eric I seriously doubt trading standards would get involved either, that's what this country has become unfortunately. A professional company would not employ a heroin addict let alone send them on a job.

Nothing to do with trading standards, escalate to the HSE

your original post was about a company claiming its plumbers were all registered when they were not. That is misleading but not in any way a reflection on the quality of their work nor on whether they obey the law regarding the signing off and production of the proper paperwork at the end of a job. If they are not competent then you report them as necessary

As for heroin addicts, some manage their addictions very well. You will find addicts as lawyers, city gents and even doctors.

This is not to belittle the points raised but you have rather widened the scope of the original post

Widened the post how? Would you want a user playing around with your boiler? Is that not slightly dangerous and irresponsible on the companys behalf to basically not give a damn about the customers safety. Lets just hope he doesn't leave a boiler faulty one day whens he's injected a little too much. I have escalated my concerns about false advertising but I very much doubt anything will get done.