link financial and BC debt via Stepchange

firstship
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Errr, I'm confused... did you sign something other than the application then, as in most cases this is what they will say IS the agreement and it can be if it contains the prescribed terms which yours does not appear to. What else do they have left to send?

If they have not complied with the sar and have more info that they havent sent you then complain to the ICO or take them to court for non-compliance.

S.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadow..thanks for quick reply..

.only signed an application as per my earlier attatched file which you have said is a bad copy as it does not contain the prescribed terms etc.

ICO have already sent a letter to them

.I think I confused things by saying I expected a copy of the agreement signed by Barclaycard.

Do you feel a letter from me stating NO Agreement account NOT ENFORCEABLE ?

is being a little curt ?.

.thankyou very much for your help..

Hi..........although BC have produced statements and documents along with an application form in response to my SAR,

they have left the door open stating they MAY produce other documents from another area

Should I call their bluff (time wasting) and demand they produce a copy of a signed agreement within 14 days or the account will become Void,,

(NOT SURE HOW TO WORD THIS TYPE OF LETTER)

any ideas......

...thanks First ship

Hi FS,

What you must remember is that BC basically ignore the detail of what you say and just bang out their template responses.

They'll not be remotely phased if you "call their bluff" or suggest the "a/c will become void". They'll continue to ignore your assertion that they've not complied and will continue with collection activity.

Have you put together the SOC for the penalty charges yet.

Have you started a thread for this in the PPI forum to d/w that aspect of the a/c.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Slick....thanks for reply,I will digest the next move based on your knowledge of BC and their ability to ignore almost everything.SOC is the next step may come back to you on this for further advice,there are a lot of statements to go through,and I am sure I will need help.Your last paragraph....lost me PPI and d/w????explain and I will start a new thread..........thanks very much..Firstship

Slick....thanks for reply,I will digest the next move based on your knowledge of BC and their ability to ignore almost everything.SOC is the next step may come back to you on this for further advice,there are a lot of statements to go through,and I am sure I will need help.Your last paragraph....lost me PPI and d/w????explain and I will start a new thread..........thanks very much..Firstship

d/w = deal with :-D

You'll need to open a thread in the PPI forum for the best advice on reclaiming that.

S.

Hi FS,

PPI = Payment Protection Insurance. BC along with the other card companies made a fortune by selling payment insurance policies, even when they were either inappropriate or not requested.

This aspect of any account is d/w (dealt with) in the PPI forum here - Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - The Consumer Forums

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 11 months later...

Having a continued battle with BC approaching 18 months and like most of you I find they ignore guidelines from ICO,FOS,OFT and BBA,dont bother to reply to letters in general,IS IT TIME WE CHALLENGE THEIR RIGHT TO HOLD A CREDIT LICENCE??????????????????????????any thoughts......FS

Hi FS,

The banks are now making good profits again and this means corporation tax for the Chancellor's coffers.

The fact that much of the banks' profits come from hitting the poor will be of no interest to a government that's facing the hardest cut-backs for years.

The income stream that the banks provide to the economy means the government will continue to let them behave badly. With the FOS and FSA in place (Ha ha), we'll be told that the banking industry is fully and properly regulated.

Barclays aren't going to lose their licence in the foreseeable future. :!:

If Joe Bloggs Ltd did something wrong their Credit Licence would be removed pretty quickly, if Barclaycard did the same thing wrong their licence would not be removed.

It's the ultimate double standard. Barclaycard have recently asked me to come up with something 'compelling' (their word) to get my banking charges back. I've come up with something 'compelling', the guy at Barclaycard just passed it on to somebody else to send me a standard response.

I've got about 10 letters telling me their dealing with my complaints. The word that comes to mind is 'conceited'. There is a lot that can be done, it's because people don't act that they get away with it.

Edited by rebel11

• 4 years later...

Old Barclaycard Debt,

which I have been paying through DMP,

they B/Card have advised me that the debt has been sold to Asset Link Capital No5,

going back a number of years I had a long fight with them as they took the PPI to offset against the debt.

and over a 2 year period of CCA and SAR all they ever managed to produce was an application Form

and various T&Cs

is it worth fighting the new owner of the debt over the inability to supply a signed Contract

FS

threads merged for history

why did you pay them through the DMP

I though the conclusion was its Un-eN?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well that's why they did what they did

that's how DCA's work too

what you should have done is simply stopped all ccmms once you are happy the CCA is un-en.

now you've proved its dodgy s they've sold it on

so new CCA request to plink

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi FS,

As you have continued paying this, it will be 6 years from your latest payment, that the debt becomes Statute Barred.

But the debt should fall off your CRA files 6 years from when the a/c was first reported or defaulted. And that should not be too long for this a/c as this thread started nearly 6 years back !!

:-)

slick132 Hi this debt does not appear on my credit file (Noddle) ,

when Asset Link No5 write and confirm that they are the new owners of the debt

I will CCA them and start the process over again,

as the best B/card could come up with was an application form and reprinted T&Cs

Thanks

FS

Hi FS,

Noddle will not always show data that the bigger CRA players carry.

Get a paper CRA report or sign up for a free 30 day trial (but cancel before you start paying the DD's), to get a more complete CRA report from one of the biggies.

Do you know when the account first went into arrears and also when the first default appeared.