Marston- Enforcement Order with no prior notice E.ON CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If EON did not bill you as promised with details of how to pay, then it should be an easy set aside. If you pay Marstons the full amount, you might be waiting awhile to get your money back in terms of their fees.

I wonder whether at this late stage, if you sent EON a copy of their email showing what they said 3 days before issuing a court claim to your previous address, they might want to change their minds and scrap the judgement/writ. It would save a lot of bother.

I have definitely tried that with Eon already, showing them the exact email etc. I even managed to get in touch with the person who actually sent that email- who works in the Director's office. They refuse to comment any further on it. They now only respond with this default email:

I’m afraid we’re no longer going to correspond with you from this office regarding this matter. If you’re still unhappy you need to discuss this with your own independent source or alternatively refer back to the court.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is quiet this afternoon I'll respond as I have a guide to filling out the Forms needed. In the meantime can you establish:

a - how much the original CCJ than Eon obtained & date it was awarded against you

b - how much Marstons are saying you now have to pay & date the Writ was issued

Depending on which route you decide to go it pay pay to serve a Subject Access Request on Eon. Eon should be ashamed of how they have dealt with this as there is a chance they have opened themselves up to paying your costs & also Marstons fees.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have sent a PM to Malcolm from EON who is a web relations rep from EON on CAG, to see if he can respond with help, but i suspect it is now beyond his pay grade.

You're right unclebulgaria. This has gone way beyond my level. I've had a good look through the thread to see if there's anything I can suggest but the OP seems to have gone down all the avenues I would've suggested. Specifically, our Ombudsman Team, Legal Team and Director's Office. Details of the case will now be being looked after by the legal guys and not available to advisors such as Helena or myself. Even though the OP has already spoken to the Legal Team, the best advice I can offer is to contact them again. This includes making complaints about our Legal Process.

Sorry I'm unable to comment or help more.

Malc

If it is quiet this afternoon I'll respond as I have a guide to filling out the Forms needed. In the meantime can you establish:

a - how much the original CCJ than Eon obtained & date it was awarded against you

b - how much Marstons are saying you now have to pay & date the Writ was issued

Depending on which route you decide to go it pay pay to serve a Subject Access Request on Eon. Eon should be ashamed of how they have dealt with this as there is a chance they have opened themselves up to paying your costs & also Marstons fees.

Apparently Marstons' fees are only £45 (according to Marstons).

The Eon legal rep I spoke to yesterday very quickly rattled off the extras that had been added at CCJ

which included legal fees and interest to the total of an extra £900 or so on a £3000 balance.

So the judgement they received from court already added nearly a grand to the amount that they stated in December.

As near as I have been able to extract, they went to court on/around 6 Jan and I then had until 6 Feb to pay.

The notice from Marstons is dated 16 Feb-10 days later,

clearly labelled with my current address as supplied to them by Eon.

If Oxford is nearer to you, it seems they also deal with High court.

https://courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/courts/oxford-combined-court-centre

See if they can deal with your applications.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for looking into things Malc. Is there a correspondence address for the legal team? A specific email address would be very helpful. Also the name of someone in charge within that team would be great.

You're welcome MeeBroke. If you drop me a PM, I'll give you the contact details.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Malc

Thanks UB. My understanding was that this has nothing to do with the High Court?

I thought you said that Marstons were acting as High Court Enforcement Officers ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Indeed the case but my understanding is that all action is with the county court- set aside and stay. High court merely enforce the outcome from county?

Yes you could be right, that it is purely the enforcement that is high court. Always confused when a fee is paid to elevate for high court enforcement.

I think Eon will regret gaining this particular CCJ, hope Scoop picks it up.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I think Eon will regret gaining this particular CCJ, hope Scoop picks it up.

Lets hope so, but it will not stop them doing it again, until they are sanctioned for not following the correct procedure,

lets live in hope

Leakie

Lets hope so, but it will not stop them doing it again, until they are sanctioned for not following the correct procedure,

lets live in hope

Leakie

Agreed Leakie, and good luck to MeeBroke, these backdoor CCJ's should garner criminal penalties for these utilities like Eon especially when a Set Aside is granted due to non service of Notice of Claim where there is full knowledge of current address. Technically it is fraud and should be treated as such..

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Agreed Leakie, and good luck to MeeBroke, these backdoor CCJ's should garner criminal penalties for these utilities like Eon especially when a Set Aside is granted due to non service of Notice of Claim where there is full knowledge of current address. Technically it is fraud and should be treated as such..

Not going to disagree with you there BN but others will disagree with the fraud part,

either it is or it's not!

Not it's only a small sum it's not worth pursuing.

for to long now these Big company's flout the regulations because they are ignored, by the powers to be, but if it were you or me........

Leakie

This is no small sum to me. The original bill was £3000. I have just had to pay £4000 merely because they chose not to contact me at my current address, telephone or email- all of which they had.

And they've wrecked my credit rating. I believe that this is their revenge as I complained about them to the Ombudsman.

This is no small sum to me. The original bill was £3000. I have just had to pay £4000 merely because they chose not to contact me at my current address, telephone or email- all of which they had.

And they've wrecked my credit rating. I believe that this is their revenge as I complained about them to the Ombudsman.

They don't care they even go after people who owed them nothing at all who switched. They are a shockingly bad company.

I just hope you can kick them with a Set Aside that kills the CCJ.

Surprised you are throwing the towell in regarding setting aside the CCJ based on the information you gave on this thread.

The CCJ on your record for 6 years, might prove to be a pain in the bottom.

Surprised you are throwing the towell in regarding setting aside the CCJ based on the information you gave on this thread.

The CCJ on your record for 6 years, might prove to be a pain in the bottom.

There has been nothing from the OP to suggest the decision to pay Eon and the enforcement fees is 'throwing the towel in'. I am told the matter remains ongoing.

There has been nothing from the OP to suggest the decision to pay Eon and the enforcement fees is 'throwing the towel in'. I am told the matter remains ongoing.

Good. I just don't like it when there is allegedly a tactic used to avoid someone defending a claim. I.e sending a court claim to previous address, 3 days after saying they would come back to sort out a payment arrangement.

Good. I just don't like it when there is allegedly a tactic used to avoid someone defending a claim. I.e sending a court claim to previous address, 3 days after saying they would come back to sort out a payment arrangement.

Agreed UB it stinks, these back door CCJs need stamping on.

I read the above in the context its been paid ?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread