PCN from Civil Enforcement Ltd received late

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - new to this so apologies if covering old ground.

I have received a PCN via ANPR for parking on the 13/10/15.

I received the PCN today, 2nd November, which is outwith the 14 days requirement I have read about.

PCN is dated 21/10 and the envelope is franked 22/10 and, again from what I've read tonight,

the law assumes it was delivered within a few days UNLESS I can prove otherwise.

There's no way it took 10 days to get here & I suspect they manipulate dates to appear they stay within the 14 days limit

& make you panic with only a few days to pay the lesser amount

Anyone any experience of this?

Was going to write to them but not sure I should acknowledge

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Could you tell us which part of the UK you're in please? Looking at your username, it could be Scotland and I believe the situation there is different. The guys will advise when they're able to get here. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi HB

Scottish origins but I'm in Northampton and PCN is in Northampton.

Just to clarify - really wanted to know what constitutes proving it was received late as I'm sure many people say the same && they will dismiss out of hand. And whether I should acknowledge.

Thanks

Hi - new to this so apologies if covering old ground.

I have received a PCN via ANPR for parking on the 13/10/15.

I received the PCN today, 2nd November, which is outwith the 14 days requirement I have read about.

PCN is dated 21/10 and the envelope is franked 22/10 and, again from what I've read tonight, the law assumes it was delivered within a few days UNLESS I can prove otherwise. There's no way it took 10 days to get here & I suspect they manipulate dates to appear they stay within the 14 days limit & make you panic with only a few days to pay the lesser amount

Anyone any experience of this? Was going to write to them but not sure I should acknowledge

An NTK being received late is only one of many reasons why it does not comply with schedule 4 of the POFA.

Post up a redacted copy please and we will show you more...

If they have their own franking machine I wouldnt put it past them to do this as they are the most crooked parking company in the country. Not just my opinion either, even their entry details for the BPA membership is wrong as far as company details go. What car park was this as many they "manage" they dont actually have contracts for so that can be a reason it isnt PoFA compliant-failing to identify the creditor. Let us know what you have received by posting up a PDF or link to hosting site. Redact the personal details and invoice number.

The car park is a place called the Doddridge Centre (doddridgecentre.org.uk). Check out the website & the huge parking warning on the front page - shows they must be having lots of bother. Its actually linked to the local council. Cant believe they use these people.

well, the good news is that the signage isnt a contract so thwere is no breach of contract. The sign at the entrance just says no parking and private land. Nothing to say that it is managed by CEL, nothing of a contract being entered into if you park there etc. Whatever any other signs say they are not applicableas this sign is the one that is supposed to have the core terms of their offer.

CEL wont take you to court as they dont fancy being dragged off to the cells for contempt so they will rely on passing on your details to a DCA, who will send you some more begging letters. If you do feel you have to say something then tell them that there has been no breach of contract as one wasnt offered to consider. let them sweat the details otherwise you will be doing their work for them.

Thanks. Just seen the google photo at the entrance so see what you mean. The absence of the full details overrides anything displayed beyond that is how I understand it?

I have someone looking at the dodgy posting/franking dates who should be able to tell me in a few days whether the info matches. I will let you know for interest sake & then I'll think about a reply to them. Certainly not paying up

I was down near the car park in question last night. I had a feeling the signage on the google streetmap was an old one and sure enough, the signage has been updated.

presume that's not good for me?

I've always used that car park but clearly been put under 'new management'

If you can post up the notice they sent you we can comment on whether it complies with the PoFA regarding its content. The reason I say this is because CEL has an interesting history that involves a lot of law breaking so it may be worthwhile responding with some of the relevant bits gleaned from their demand. They cant even tell the BPA who they are so they proably arent using the correct entity as the creditor.