Post Office Counters - subpostmaster's GBH.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

K

My very last comment on this matter

Instead of people "Willy waving" and engaging in a points scoring exercise

1. An allegation of serious assault has been made against an employee who is employed in a crown establishment

2. That persons place of employment has been named and identified in the original post

(Edit)

3. No criminal or civil proceding have been instigated

4 the employers own internal complaints procedure has decided no case to answer

In my book that falls under not only libel, but continued defamation by certain posters on an open internet forum against the employee and the crown organisation he is employed through

The very least that persons place of employment should be redacted to protect the forum from possible civil prosecution from either the employee, or crown organisation he is employed through

Agree with this. The internet is very searchable and therefore posts containing allegations should be careful not to bring the site into a matter that should be resolved by following official processes of complaint.

Either remove some information or invite the post office concerned to offer a right of reply.

Edited by Andyorch
Name removed

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I know for a fact both Royal Mail and Post Office counters have sniffer programs to scour the internet. The main use is catching employees posting negative information against their employer (Facebook) but this will be picked up.

They have a whole floor in Oxfordshire dedicated to social media and internet use

Of course we should all be careful of what we say on line. However I've re read the OPs posts and unless posts have been redacted or removed I cannot see where the postmaster has actually been named or the actual post office or its location has been named. I'm quite happy to be corrected though.

Since the implementation of the Defamation Act 2013, it has been made harder for individuals and companies to sue for libel. A claimant would have to show it has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to reputation. For a for-profit organisation like Royal Mail they would have to show actual financial loss that can be linked to the alleged defamation. There are also defences for entities like CAG.

Of course we should all be careful of what we say on line. However I've re read the OPs posts and unless posts have been redacted or removed I cannot see where the postmaster has actually been named or the actual post office or its location has been named. I'm quite happy to be corrected though.

Since the implementation of the Defamation Act 2013, it has been made harder for individuals and companies to sue for libel. A claimant would have to show it has caused or is likely to cause serious harm to reputation. For a for-profit organisation like Royal Mail they would have to show actual financial loss that can be linked to the alleged defamation. There are also defences for entities like CAG.

They were amended earlier, as the sub post office branch was mentioned, that it was the sub postmaster who was involved and where in the country they had previously come from. It would have been possible to identify the person concerned, even though they were not named.

I believe there have been libel cases, where one person could be identified from information, as it could not relate to anyone else.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You've had treatment for your injured arm, did you tell your doctor/hospital how it was injured? If so your medical notes may state what you say happened? You may not think its relevant but contemperaneous evidence of injury can be helpful.

Did you go to the police? What did they say/do? Did they provide an incident number?

Royal Mails investigation - did they allege the post master didn't touch you at all? What is their version of events? Have they any witness evidence they are relying upon?

We really need more information to help you.

No I musn't tar all with the same brush, but our gentle way of life is being eroded by people continuing to live their former rushed, stressful existences rather than slowing down to our pace and trying to fit in. It's so much simpler to attain and still do what you want without being so hyper-demanding all the time? Blood pressure, stroke, heart attacks to the fore instead.

Anyway i take no comfort he has upset many other customers and intended weeks his takings went down 29%. However I am consoled that down here, news (good or bad) is spread by word of mouth, and people vote with their feet...... So? Bfn and thnx.

Correction - Post Office. Have you any actual non judgmental constructive advice for the poster that doesn't actually make her run for the hill?

You need to stop referring to Royal Mail

Post office counters has nothing to do with Royal Mail and have been removed from the Postal Services Act

They are a totally seperate entity

Edited by citizenB
quote box restored

OK.

However what I have said about libel law stands. Unfortunately I believe that the OP has now gone for good. Although the OP shouldnt have named the postmaster or the post office location, a certain poster had been very harsh and probably put the OP off CAG for good. I've seen this so often on CAG.

This isnt about what you have said Unclebulgaria67, but Is the fact that the police haven't taken this further (if its been reported) and the employers own complants procedure found against the OP mean the OPs version of events are false and we shouldn't try and help? Isn't that the opposite of what CAG is about?

No willy waving or point scoring, just trying to help the OP.

They were amended earlier, as the sub post office branch was mentioned, that it was the sub postmaster who was involved and where in the country they had previously come from. It would have been possible to identify the person concerned, even though they were not named.

I believe there have been libel cases, where one person could be identified from information, as it could not relate to anyone else.

A reminder that any company that is mentioned on here can apply to join CAG and upon registering must contact ADMIN in order to be registered as a Corporate Member. Once completed they are able to respond to problems.

We see this with a few companies on site eg Vodaphone.

I am very disappointed by the attitude displayed here that may have led to a genuine poster being driven away. Had I been online, several posts in this thread would not be here.

IN FUTURE as a warning to who it concerns, if you do not want to add constructive advice then do not say anything at all and move onto the next thread.

I will be closing this thread now, until such a time as the OP sends me a msg to re-open the thread.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 months later...