• Tweets

• Hi All. I was driving in Stevenage down a 40 road.  After coming off the motor way i noticed my car felt a little "weird" so i accelerated, then slowed the car down.  Shortly after i got stopped by a manned police car with a laser. During the stop the officer stated i was doing 54 in a 40, the conversation was short, but he said i would unlikely get a awareness course and it was most likely 3 points and a fine.  Mrs thought it was a good idea to have dairy when she is lactose intollerant on date night, so we just got on our way.  At the time, i didnt admit to the offence, but did say i didnt realise and had slowed down in any case. The officers chest camera was recording and on. At the stop, he asked where to send the fine to, as i knew i would be travelling to visit family up north, i provided my temporary details at that location in Yorkshire. It is now 05/05 and i havent recieved anything at either my home address in Stevenage or the temporary address. 1. Is there a time limit in which paperwork needs to be sent to me. 2. SHould i query the ticket as i dont want to miss any deadlines (if so who do i check with?) OR should i keep queit. 3. Given nothing has arrived in 20 days, is there a chance of appeal if and when it comes through? Many thanks CrazeUK
    • Hi All. A family friends car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the begining of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, howver he said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online (i have a copy of this).  She didnt mention she hadnt recieved any confirmation as she didnt know if she would get one.  She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. She then was travelling up north so didnt get her ,ail until last week. She recievd a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehcile and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she respons by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i got her to dig  out the V5 and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped and is still on his forecourt. Is this possible to appeal?
    • worthy to not forget Just to let you know this bunch Kensington have been fined £1.225m by the financial regulator for treating borrowers who were in arrears unfairly. Claim those charges back plus the interest and tell them not to add any more to the account. There are a few news stories here you can get the info for a letter to send to them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8615870.stm  
    • Hi All. I went to visit a family friend in Rochdale on a new housing estate opposite a old row of houses. The location is Royle Road, Postcode OL11 3PE. I was originally parked in parking bays outside the old houses, then moved the car, when I noticed my tyre was flat, so parked on what looked like double yellows to use his air pump to check and inflate the tyres before we left the house.   In the time i went inside to sort the pump and power supply i got a PCN.  The tyre then got changed (has a puncture) and we left. PCN Number:         RE######## Date:             04/05/2024 Time:             20:36 Observation:         20:34 to 20:36 Reported location:     Royle Park Road Reason:        Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours (Code: 01) I believe this PCN is not correct and has grounds to appeal: 1. My friend who moved into the property around 6 months ago, swears that even though it has old double yellows marked, they are not current or council marked.   He said the property development company had said they had marked them for ease of access during development. 2. The road i was parked on was Royle Road.  The PCN was issued for Royle Park Road, which is about 400 yards up the road. 3. There are no sign posts or marking showing parking  restriction hours in the entire area (there maybe on Royle park Road). I have attached a map of the Location where i parked as a red dot. I have 2 questions: a.  Is there a way to check where double yellow lines are marked on some register to check if they are current? b. Can my grounds of appeal simply be, wrong location, wrong offence? Thanks in advance. Map_20240505.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DWP back their sanctions with make believe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Look sweetie, for your information I'm a chronic pelvic pain sufferer and the last thing I'm gonna want to do is spend hours trying to change your ignorance of the world around and end up arguing with the likes of you.

As I've said before go and use Google. All the info's there, but I'm not going to spoon feed it to you. Also read Antones post. It says it all.

Okay?

I don't have ignorance, it's those who refuse to say what they mean and pretend they can who are the ignoramuses.

It doesn't take hours to pen a few lines to back up what you think you are saying even if you can only use one finger. Just admit you have no response and leave it at that.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-34009807

Some interesting points made about commenting on websites in the link above. It would appear there was some discussion about doing away with comments for articles. Seems as though the comment sections are staying, thank goodness.

. "Comments allow people to safely spew forth the vitriol they wouldn't dare speak out loud in a crowded place. And are about as much use as a chocolate teapot," said user YUG. Another accused the BBC's comments section of being "full of prejudiced bigots who care little for facts or considered analysis."

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I understand the 2nd issue regarding giving housing benefits to Private Landlords.

However, I don't understand the reference to pensions and Pensioners ?

Most people approaching pensionable age today will have already experienced austerity - as well as incredibly high interest rates for their mortgages (not all of us benefited from having savings topped up by those same interest rates).

At the same time, they are having to sell their homes to pay for care when they are too old/infirm to help themselves ?

Sure, and just to be absolutely clear, I am 100% not advocating cutting pensions or doing anything else that will adversely and needlessly affect pensioners. My point is simply that the fact that no-one is advocating such things indicates that the stated reasons for cutting other benefits are phoney. A huge cut in all of SRP, SPC and HB would be the only way to make a significant reduction in the welfare bill, but it will never happen and nor should it: it's completely unnecessary. But what all of this indicates is that the whole "we can't afford it" nonsense that's directed towards benefits for working-age people is exactly that: nonsense. If we were doing what was "necessary" we would cut pensions. We'd have no choice. The attempts to dismantle the social safety net are not borne out of necessity, they're borne out of dogma.

My comment was a lament, in a way, at the ease with which pensioners will vote to impose this dogma on anyone but themselves. I think they assume that things will always be this way, that the natural sympathy and respect they receive will insulate them indefinitely from the Friedmanite excesses of our overlords. But I would remind them of this: there is nothing "natural" about despising the sick, the disabled and the unemployed. The situation where this is happening has been deliberately and maliciously manufactured. And as the young folk who're currently being villified and shafted from all sides are forced to assume the increasing burden of supporting the apparently ungrateful pensioners who're currently throwing rocks at them, can pensioners assume that they will remain forever safe from the manufactured outrage?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I wonder if the word 'pensioners' will be substituted with 'we' when you time comes.

I'm advocating solidarity. I can assure you that when I am a pensioner I will not be advocating the unncecessary and ideologically based shafting of those who are paying my pension. Riding on their backs while whipping them to run faster and excoriating them for their laziness would seem to me to be a rather undignified posture to adopt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm advocating solidarity. I can assure you that when I am a pensioner I will not be advocating the unncecessary and ideologically based shafting of those who are paying my pension. Riding on their backs while whipping them to run faster and excoriating them for their laziness would seem to me to be a rather undignified posture to adopt.

Which is exactly what I am saying as well. Lets get this country back on it's feet, lets get a fat purse in the treasury and we will all be the winners.

I don't have ignorance, it's those who refuse to say what they mean and pretend they can who are the ignoramuses.

It doesn't take hours to pen a few lines to back up what you think you are saying even if you can only use one finger. Just admit you have no response and leave it at that.

You have no idea about the pain I suffer on an hourly basis let alone just sitting up right at a key board. Thats why I keep my responses brief.

You really are a piece of work aren't you. I suggest you stop being a lazy sod and go and do some research. This is case of Google is your freind sweetie.

I don't have ignorance,

Best joke I've read all week. :D

Thanks Antone :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Which is exactly what I am saying as well. Lets get this country back on it's feet, lets get a fat purse in the treasury and we will all be the winners.

That's a bit like saying "let's support our troops" - it's statement with which no reasonable person could argue and is thus meaningless. The point of dispute is not whether we would like to see a better nation, but how to achieve this common goal. My contention is, I hope, pretty clear: we will not improve this nation by fabricating reasons to screw over the poor and disadvantaged.

You have no idea about the pain I suffer on an hourly basis let alone just sitting up right at a key board. Thats why I keep my responses brief.

You really are a piece of work aren't you. I suggest you stop being a lazy sod and go and do some research. This is case of Google is your freind sweetie.

Best joke I've read all week. :D

Oh yes I do, I am on Morphine two doses per day so you can't get one up by claiming pain.

I don't have to research it, I know all about the way Labour brought this country down and their lies and cheating.

Well lucky you being able to take medication for pain, cos I can't my bladder disease won't let me. I have to carry on 'cold turkey' so to speak.

I don't have to research it, I know all about the way Labour brought this country down and their lies and cheating

Jesus christ, you haven't a clue have you. *hoots*

And I should have known better then reply to this thread because It's making me very, very angry, so I'll leave you to your ignorance once again.

I will comment no more on this thread

It is nothing more than kipper ideology being rammed down my throat and no ones else views count

It amazes me people still believe this Tory crap that labour caused this financial crisis and anyone claiming any state benefit is a work shy scrounger

Ignorance of the true facts is an understatement

For the record i was a trade unionist and i despise labour since the Iraq war

Jesus, this thread still going? Little wonder the odious Smith gets away with such blatant lies with the sheer wanton ignorance shown by some. I think some on this thread should receive their A+ for missing the point completely - namely a major government dept. telling lies to further government policy. If you think this is a fair and proper ay for ANY government to act, then so be it.

Maybe the MOD should lie and use the testimonies of fake soldiers, sailors and airmen? Or DEFRA should use fictitious farmers? Or perhaps the Dept. of Education can now start using made up students? Why not. Or is it because we're dealing with jobseekers. they're fair game and deserve to be treated with such contempt.

As for political allegiances, I have played a major part in exposing Labours equally disastrous New Deal to media (BBC). So I will criticise regardless of government.

P.S. Commenting any more on this thread is pointless in the face of such ignorance. Thus I agree pretty much with capquest w n. It need closing to save it from itself.

I will comment no more on this thread

It is nothing more than kipper ideology being rammed down my throat and no ones else views count

It amazes me people still believe this Tory crap that labour caused this financial crisis and anyone claiming any state benefit is a work shy scrounger

Ignorance of the true facts is an understatement

For the record i was a trade unionist and i despise labour since the Iraq war

So it's ok for you to support and spout rubbish about the 'only' party that has bankrupted the country but not for anyone else to support either the UKIP or Tory.

Typical selfish Labour mentality.

Continually attempting to blaze yourself in glory by claiming your were a trade unionist only brings you into bigger disrepute. Unions are the downfall of this country, the fat cats at the top care nothing about anyone other than themselves.

Take the Great Western train strike on at the moment, the new trains don't come in for another two years, but they are going on strike now rather than sit down and talk, because the Unions and their red leaders want to try and come over all powerful.

Talking about true facts, you continually deny Labour has ever done anything wrong, they are a wonderful bunch, they borrow and don't pay it back they sell the nations assets and give us insecurity , they steal from the nations pension funds but you deem them fit to run the country.

If that's wrong and you are right, why did the nation vote in a tory government?

I see your famous

I think everyone needs to stop labeling the other side stupid or various other terms.

Do we really need to install rules for debates.

Attack the the arguments and not the person arguing.

If you do not want to add to the debate, then dont use fire away words that do not add to the debate.

Back your point with facts and a source.

Otherwise we degenerate into a middle school "Im right as I say so" contest.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Otherwise we degenerate into a middle school "Im right as I say so" contest.

I think thats already happened several pages back. As my gif was suggesting we're just flogging a dead horse now.

I suggest locking this thread as It not serving any purpose any longer.

Stop the world I want to get off!

Some people are too far gone to be able to see the truth they just don't want you to shatter their illusion of their world.

The democide will continue as long as the population believe the lies politicians spout each time their mouths open,

and when you too start regurgitating the very same lies their job is done, your free to run around spreading their vile

nefarious bile to anyone else who will believe you.

I don't want any part of this 'debate' I struggle to understand how someone can actually believe the lies they've been fed.

I'm out!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks