DWP back their sanctions with make believe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Look sweetie, for your information I'm a chronic pelvic pain sufferer and the last thing I'm gonna want to do is spend hours trying to change your ignorance of the world around and end up arguing with the likes of you.

As I've said before go and use Google. All the info's there, but I'm not going to spoon feed it to you. Also read Antones post. It says it all.

Okay?

I don't have ignorance, it's those who refuse to say what they mean and pretend they can who are the ignoramuses.

It doesn't take hours to pen a few lines to back up what you think you are saying even if you can only use one finger. Just admit you have no response and leave it at that.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-34009807

Some interesting points made about commenting on websites in the link above. It would appear there was some discussion about doing away with comments for articles. Seems as though the comment sections are staying, thank goodness.

. "Comments allow people to safely spew forth the vitriol they wouldn't dare speak out loud in a crowded place. And are about as much use as a chocolate teapot," said user YUG. Another accused the BBC's comments section of being "full of prejudiced bigots who care little for facts or considered analysis."

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I understand the 2nd issue regarding giving housing benefits to Private Landlords.

However, I don't understand the reference to pensions and Pensioners ?

Most people approaching pensionable age today will have already experienced austerity - as well as incredibly high interest rates for their mortgages (not all of us benefited from having savings topped up by those same interest rates).

At the same time, they are having to sell their homes to pay for care when they are too old/infirm to help themselves ?

Sure, and just to be absolutely clear, I am 100% not advocating cutting pensions or doing anything else that will adversely and needlessly affect pensioners. My point is simply that the fact that no-one is advocating such things indicates that the stated reasons for cutting other benefits are phoney. A huge cut in all of SRP, SPC and HB would be the only way to make a significant reduction in the welfare bill, but it will never happen and nor should it: it's completely unnecessary. But what all of this indicates is that the whole "we can't afford it" nonsense that's directed towards benefits for working-age people is exactly that: nonsense. If we were doing what was "necessary" we would cut pensions. We'd have no choice. The attempts to dismantle the social safety net are not borne out of necessity, they're borne out of dogma.

My comment was a lament, in a way, at the ease with which pensioners will vote to impose this dogma on anyone but themselves. I think they assume that things will always be this way, that the natural sympathy and respect they receive will insulate them indefinitely from the Friedmanite excesses of our overlords. But I would remind them of this: there is nothing "natural" about despising the sick, the disabled and the unemployed. The situation where this is happening has been deliberately and maliciously manufactured. And as the young folk who're currently being villified and shafted from all sides are forced to assume the increasing burden of supporting the apparently ungrateful pensioners who're currently throwing rocks at them, can pensioners assume that they will remain forever safe from the manufactured outrage?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I wonder if the word 'pensioners' will be substituted with 'we' when you time comes.

I'm advocating solidarity. I can assure you that when I am a pensioner I will not be advocating the unncecessary and ideologically based shafting of those who are paying my pension. Riding on their backs while whipping them to run faster and excoriating them for their laziness would seem to me to be a rather undignified posture to adopt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I'm advocating solidarity. I can assure you that when I am a pensioner I will not be advocating the unncecessary and ideologically based shafting of those who are paying my pension. Riding on their backs while whipping them to run faster and excoriating them for their laziness would seem to me to be a rather undignified posture to adopt.

Which is exactly what I am saying as well. Lets get this country back on it's feet, lets get a fat purse in the treasury and we will all be the winners.

I don't have ignorance, it's those who refuse to say what they mean and pretend they can who are the ignoramuses.

It doesn't take hours to pen a few lines to back up what you think you are saying even if you can only use one finger. Just admit you have no response and leave it at that.

You have no idea about the pain I suffer on an hourly basis let alone just sitting up right at a key board. Thats why I keep my responses brief.

You really are a piece of work aren't you. I suggest you stop being a lazy sod and go and do some research. This is case of Google is your freind sweetie.

I don't have ignorance,

Best joke I've read all week. :D

Thanks Antone :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Which is exactly what I am saying as well. Lets get this country back on it's feet, lets get a fat purse in the treasury and we will all be the winners.

That's a bit like saying "let's support our troops" - it's statement with which no reasonable person could argue and is thus meaningless. The point of dispute is not whether we would like to see a better nation, but how to achieve this common goal. My contention is, I hope, pretty clear: we will not improve this nation by fabricating reasons to screw over the poor and disadvantaged.

You have no idea about the pain I suffer on an hourly basis let alone just sitting up right at a key board. Thats why I keep my responses brief.

You really are a piece of work aren't you. I suggest you stop being a lazy sod and go and do some research. This is case of Google is your freind sweetie.

Best joke I've read all week. :D

Oh yes I do, I am on Morphine two doses per day so you can't get one up by claiming pain.

I don't have to research it, I know all about the way Labour brought this country down and their lies and cheating.

Well lucky you being able to take medication for pain, cos I can't my bladder disease won't let me. I have to carry on 'cold turkey' so to speak.

I don't have to research it, I know all about the way Labour brought this country down and their lies and cheating

Jesus christ, you haven't a clue have you. *hoots*

And I should have known better then reply to this thread because It's making me very, very angry, so I'll leave you to your ignorance once again.

I will comment no more on this thread

It is nothing more than kipper ideology being rammed down my throat and no ones else views count

It amazes me people still believe this Tory crap that labour caused this financial crisis and anyone claiming any state benefit is a work shy scrounger

Ignorance of the true facts is an understatement

For the record i was a trade unionist and i despise labour since the Iraq war

Jesus, this thread still going? Little wonder the odious Smith gets away with such blatant lies with the sheer wanton ignorance shown by some. I think some on this thread should receive their A+ for missing the point completely - namely a major government dept. telling lies to further government policy. If you think this is a fair and proper ay for ANY government to act, then so be it.

Maybe the MOD should lie and use the testimonies of fake soldiers, sailors and airmen? Or DEFRA should use fictitious farmers? Or perhaps the Dept. of Education can now start using made up students? Why not. Or is it because we're dealing with jobseekers. they're fair game and deserve to be treated with such contempt.

As for political allegiances, I have played a major part in exposing Labours equally disastrous New Deal to media (BBC). So I will criticise regardless of government.

P.S. Commenting any more on this thread is pointless in the face of such ignorance. Thus I agree pretty much with capquest w n. It need closing to save it from itself.

I will comment no more on this thread

It is nothing more than kipper ideology being rammed down my throat and no ones else views count

It amazes me people still believe this Tory crap that labour caused this financial crisis and anyone claiming any state benefit is a work shy scrounger

Ignorance of the true facts is an understatement

For the record i was a trade unionist and i despise labour since the Iraq war

So it's ok for you to support and spout rubbish about the 'only' party that has bankrupted the country but not for anyone else to support either the UKIP or Tory.

Typical selfish Labour mentality.

Continually attempting to blaze yourself in glory by claiming your were a trade unionist only brings you into bigger disrepute. Unions are the downfall of this country, the fat cats at the top care nothing about anyone other than themselves.

Take the Great Western train strike on at the moment, the new trains don't come in for another two years, but they are going on strike now rather than sit down and talk, because the Unions and their red leaders want to try and come over all powerful.

Talking about true facts, you continually deny Labour has ever done anything wrong, they are a wonderful bunch, they borrow and don't pay it back they sell the nations assets and give us insecurity , they steal from the nations pension funds but you deem them fit to run the country.

If that's wrong and you are right, why did the nation vote in a tory government?

I see your famous

I think everyone needs to stop labeling the other side stupid or various other terms.

Do we really need to install rules for debates.

Attack the the arguments and not the person arguing.

If you do not want to add to the debate, then dont use fire away words that do not add to the debate.

Back your point with facts and a source.

Otherwise we degenerate into a middle school "Im right as I say so" contest.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Otherwise we degenerate into a middle school "Im right as I say so" contest.

I think thats already happened several pages back. As my gif was suggesting we're just flogging a dead horse now.

I suggest locking this thread as It not serving any purpose any longer.

Stop the world I want to get off!

Some people are too far gone to be able to see the truth they just don't want you to shatter their illusion of their world.

The democide will continue as long as the population believe the lies politicians spout each time their mouths open,

and when you too start regurgitating the very same lies their job is done, your free to run around spreading their vile

nefarious bile to anyone else who will believe you.

I don't want any part of this 'debate' I struggle to understand how someone can actually believe the lies they've been fed.

I'm out!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks