Is there any way of dating a Parking Eye Charge Notice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes. I know that a date of "offence" and date of notice appear on the charging notice but I'm pretty sure that I received it well after the notice date. It should of course been served within 30 days but I'm sure it was well after that time. Any ideas?

Yes. I know that a date of "offence" and date of notice appear on the charging notice but I'm pretty sure that I received it well after the notice date. It should of course been served within 30 days but I'm sure it was well after that time. Any ideas?

For ANPR;

There is the date of the parking event.

There is the date of the issue of the parking charge notice.

There is the date when the RK received the notice.

What has 30 days got to do with a parking charge notice?

If you want some advice, then give us a more detailed picture please...

Date of event, NTD? ANPR? Dates of letters received...

My understanding was that the PCN had to be served within 28 or 30 days of the "offence"

Just to be clear, I reckon the Private Parking Company have pre dated my Parking Charge Notice so it purports to be "in time".

I think the only way of proving this is to compare the notice number to the dates carried on other people's PCN?

My understanding was that the PCN had to be served within 28 or 30 days of the "offence"

Just to be clear, I reckon the Private Parking Company have pre dated my Parking Charge Notice so it purports to be "in time".

I think the only way of proving this is to compare the notice number to the dates carried on other people's PCN?

Your understanding is incorrect.

You are not being clear either....

Give us the date of event, windscreen ticket or ANPR, date of NTK issue and when it hit the doormat pkease.

Parking eye use ANPR capture for most of their operations so they have 12 days after the event to issue a notice and 2 days to serve it so their first letter must be with you within 14 days of the alleged event (not counting that day). If it is a ticket on a car windscreen then they have to send out an NTK between 29 and 56 days after the event otherwise it is not within time. Too soon doesnt count, same as too late.

The 2 methods are prescribed as paras 8 and 9 of the PoFA 2012

It doesnt matter what date they put on it but when it arrives on your doorstep. There can be no doubt about the date of the event or they risk being done for fraud.