Car mechanic problems!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So have you been paid Needadvice ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*help

No not yet. Judge said we would get something in the post. He just verbally told us what was owed to me.

Does that sound normal? I was given nothing on paper by the judge.

got something official through the post now. awaiting payment!

as far as I can gather from the paperwork from the courts, the only way he can pay is by cheque as I know he will not want to meet to pay cash. and he cant pay by card. I would expect that someone sending a cheque would send it a few days early in-case of issues with the post.

Should I email him tonight too? He will pick it up tomorrow morning. And then on Monday start via legal methods if he ignores me or I don't see the cheque in the post. I know him by now, he is a crook. If I don't get a response by tomorrow, I won't ever.

No money.

No contact.

I have a concern.

During the hearing,

he said he is a sole trader although he is trading using his Ltd company name.

This doesn't make sense to me at all.

Which enforcement action would you guys recommend at this point?

help?

should I send bailiffs?

what is the normal first step?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

thanks, looks like bailiffs is the way. what do you think regarding the sole trader point in post #261 above?

who or what did you take to court ? Mr A OR Mr A's Company LTD ?

You can only act on the paperwork you have, you can't sue both Mr A & Mr A's Company LTD you can only sue 1

I took the Ltd company to court

but during the hearing he said he was a sole trader.

If it turns out that he is committing some sort of fraud by saying he is all Ltd co,

can't I sue him personally?

Say he has zero money in the Ltd co bank accounts

because he is putting it all into his personal account.

Is this tax fraud and probably other types of fraud too?

So why would I not be able to sue him personally as he is a sole trader?

Name on your judgment

Sorry?

if you have successfully sued and be awarded an amount from Mr A's Company LTD then it is only Mr A's Company LTD that has been ordered to pay, you could only ask bailiffs to act upon Mr A's Company LTD I don't think you could further sue Mr A as the matter has already be dealt with

Sorry?

You can only collect from the person/name that is named on your Notice of Judgment...name on your Claim N1.

if you have successfully sued and be awarded an amount from Mr A's Company LTD then it is only Mr A's Company LTD that has been ordered to pay, you could only ask bailiffs to act upon Mr A's Company LTD I don't think you could further sue Mr A as the matter has already be dealt with

But if he is fraudulently trading as a Ltd co and pocketing the money personally, surely there is a case for seeing him personally?

You can only collect from the person/name that is named on your Notice of Judgment...name on your Claim N1.

Sure but if I sue him personally due to him dishonestly/fraudulently trading as a Ltd co while being a sole trader?

Yes I understand that

but what I'm saying IF it becomes obvious that I will not get anywhere because the Ltd co is just a front and that he is actually a sole trader,

then surely I can sue him personally for the same things and then be able to recover funds from him personally?

it has been agreed by a judge that Mr A's Company LTD is liable for the debt,

you can not now decided well Mr A is to blame for it,

you have told the judge Mr A's Company LTD did the work and he's agreed,

therefore you can only claim the amount of money from Mr A's Company LTD and no-one else,

regardless IF you think he's a sole trader,

2 people (company's or individuals ) can not be held liable for the same debt,

unless 2 people enter in the the contract at the same time

(and therefore both people would be on the court paper's)