UKPC £100 ' fine' for not displaying free ticket **Withdrawn**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My girlfriend parked in a UKPC car park with free parking but didn't notice you needed a ticket. UKPC have issued a Notice To Keeper for £100.

I always used to ignore these but I gather the advice is not to. She has until 22nd October to pay or appeal.

Please advise - I've been told multiple things about the uselessness (or not) of the appeals process. Can anyone help, especially given it was free parking for (I think) up to three hours, which makes a £100 'fine' particularly ludicrous.

Many thanks

How long after the event did she receive this NTK? I presume that it was because of an automatic number plate reading device that she got an NTK rather than a ticket on the car.

If that is the case the NTK must arrive before 14 days after the event or it is not valid.

When we know the answer to this we can help with an appeal to the parking co and then an appeal to POPLA, which she will win.

I'm sure that your GF did get a ticket from the machine but input the wrong data, giving rise to this erroneous demand being issued so she may well ask UKPC to prove that she didnt as her first appeal to them. (hint hint)

Ah, sorry - she did get a windscreen ticket but I advised her to wait for NTK.

As to the parking ticket, they noted she didn't have one at all, and I'm not sure any data required inputting - just pressing a button.

I've drafted a letter as per advice on moneysavingexpert forums to appeal to parking co (which I'm sure they will reject), then POPLA.

Cheers

it is NOT A FINE

nowhere do they use or are they allowed to use that word.

it is a speculative invoice.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So, within time.

Any evidence of the breach-ie photo of the car without ticket displayed?

You can appeal to the parking co for any reason

what you say isnt that important

I would just state that the ticket was placed inside the vehicle where it could be seen

and it is not a breach of the conditions if their servants are unable to see it because they have failed to show due dilligence.

Then, when they respond you go to POPLA with the no loss caused to parking co

and claim is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss but a penalty as per Dunlop v New Garage and motor Co(1915)

Hi ericsbrother

Many thanks for that, I will go ahead as advised.

dxbrotheruk:

I know it's not a fine, that's why I put it in quotes. i.e. they'd clearly like to think of it as that. :-)

I put the quotes there!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi ericsbrother

Many thanks for that, I will go ahead as advised.

dxbrotheruk:

I know it's not a fine, that's why I put it in quotes. i.e. they'd clearly like to think of it as that. :-)

if you know its not a fine you shouldn't refer to it as such' as any new members reading this would assume that's exactly what it is!

IT's NOT a fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Surprisingly (and slightly disappointingly), UKPC wrote back, dropping the charge and stating that they were sorry about the experience my gf had of them, and that they never mean to harass etc (I wrote a bit at the end of the letter saying we would complain to their client and let them know what a bunch of gits they were, etc).

So, all's well that ends well.

if you know its not a fine you shouldn't refer to it as such' as any new members reading this would assume that's exactly what it is!

IT's NOT a fine.

Yeah, OK, fine (see what I did there). You should take it easy.