PCN from Premier Park LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, first post here so here goes.

I have received a PCN from Premier Park Ltd today 17/05/14,

while parked outside of my property, a new build flat in Portsmouth.

Firstly

it was attached to my windscreen in an official looking yellow and black bag

stating that it is an offence for anyone other than the driver to remove it from the vehicle.

As it is only a parking charge issued by a private company is this a legally correct statement?

It was parked in a permit only spot without a permit being displayed.

The parking bay in question belongs to the housing association offices who run the development.

It states that you can only park here between the hours of 7pm to 7am.

The offices are only open Monday to Friday.

As this was a Saturday the offices were closed.

As I was loading and unloading my car at different times through out the day

I required the use of the one 20minute loading spot for the development of 60 plus properties.

This was denied me as the same car had been parked in it since the night before.

Its a pretty standard PCN charging me £100 reduced to £60 if I pay within 14 days.

I noticed that no PCN was seen attached to the car using the 20 minute bay.

This seems poor management by the housing association and Premier Park.

Not sure how to proceed and to what points I need to make my appeal.

I have seen some older posts telling people to simply ignore these charges.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Hi and a warm welcome to CAG.

Don't ignore that is old outdated advice.

Make no contact with the parking co.

They will write to you.

This letter must arrive between 29 to 56 days from the windscreen ticket.

Could you also photo the signs and post them on the thread ?

Is this a "part owned " property ?

If it is then I can't wait to see the "Contract" the parking co. has

Ok, they are breaking the law by claiming an offence for removing the ticket as they are passing it off as a PCN issued by a local authority etc who are covered by the road traffic act. This should be enough to see the claim off, you can report to Trading Standards as using a false instrument to gain a pecuniary advantage, contrary to the Theft Act. TS will then write to them and advise them about the wording of their tickets.

When Premier Park write to you as keeper of the vehicle (if within the specified timings) write back and tell them that you acknowledge no debt to them as you are the "occupier" of the land and that there is no contract that they have with any other party that has supremacy over your right to be there. Any further attampt to abtain money will be treated as harassment and fraud.

There are posts on here that go into the details of the arguments about the wording of the ticket where they talk about it being an offence so read them and use the info.

Thanks for all your replies. The site won't allow me to post images as I haven't had 10 posts yet f16! The sign says that it is private land, only staff can park there and that I am entering into a contract in doing so. I will contact TS this week about the wording on the ticket. I have the original packet...

Edited by stonepickin

well, they should make up their mind, either no parking or contractual parking. Big difference between the 2 as the first is trespass and the parking co have no say in restitution for that. They really arent doing themselves any good and that is all good news for you.

Hi

Please follow this post to attach pdf's

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though DONT USE BANK NAMES or CAGlink31.gif in the title

i'e Default notice DDlink3.gif-mm-yyyy

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, I recently fought Premier Park via POPLA and won all 4 cases. The wording on the packets is illegal and please do persue your trading standards, the more people complain to TS, the more likely they will get off their bums and deal with this clown outfit.

Read up on what time limits a PCN company has to send out their begging letters etc, wait until they have sent out the notice to keeper and then contact the company, appeal via them. Lots of info on the time limits you and the PCN company are on this site.

I doubt they will take any notice about claims of their wording being illegal, as they don't care, when you appeal. They might back off if you own rather than rent property there. Complain to the BPA about them as well, regarding incorrect usage of wording, attempting to appear as an official authority. Premier park fall flat on their face at POPLA, for not being able to prove genuine pre estimate of loss. Which is going to be your first appeal at POPLA, along with a few others to ensure POPLA cannot wriggle away. POPLA will ALWAYS look for the easiest way to drop an appeal in your favour if there's something in your appeal that may cause them to have to investigate a PCN. SO fire off your claim about illegal use of wording but don't forget to include asking for GPEOL, proof of contract between the landowner and Premier Park. Claim the signage is inadequate, you don't have to prove it is, Premier Park have to prove it is, so they do the leg work. I won one claim as I said the side of the road I parked on had no signs on it, POPLA agreed with me...

Use this site, an hour of so reading will give you decent information, enough to easily defeat a PCN company at POPLA. Good luck.

Thanks all. I have contacted my local TS about the wording of the PCN. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I've Read all your posts Manic_Mechanic and my case seems pretty similar to yours. I'm going to draft my letter ready to send off as soon as I hear from the clowns known as premier park!!