Vodafone/Carphone Warehouse phone problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I recently bought a Sony Xperia Z1 on a contract with Vodafone.

The phone and contract was bought via a Carphone Warehouse.

Within 28 days of purchase and after brief use in the rain the phone screen started to flicker,

the issue progressed further until the phone screen was completely non functional.

The touch screen and all buttons still responded,

I could even hear myself navigating menus on the phone, but couldn't see it.

I took the phone to a Carphone Warehouse store and put the phone in for repair.

After two weeks I was informed the phone wasn't repairable and was not covered in the manufacturers warranty.

The company ran e vacuum test which indicated the ports were functioning.

They concluded I must of had a port open, likely the SIM port, which resulted in the phone failing.

I disagree with this conclusion, not only am I not that utterly foolish,

I have no reason at all to open the SIM port except for when I first put the SIM in 3-4 weeks prior.

I have since had an actual inspection of the phone and I've noticed the SIM ports rubber seal has some quite visible imperfections,

I didn't inspect closely to avoid damaging it further.

I have placed the phone in for inspection with Vodafone instead and indicated the damage on the rubber band.

I contacted Sony via email for their opinion but they will not give one until they have seen it themselves,

via me placing the phone in a jiffy bag of all things and sending it to them.

I maintain that,

despite the passing of the vacuum test,

a degree of common sense acknowledging I've no reason to open the SIM port outdoors in the rain.

Couple that with acknowledging the damage on the seal which could not rationally have been wear and tear

given the port has been opened once since I purchased the device (excluding any engineers looking at it).

Surely in certain circumstances, under the right conditions,

the phone would be unable to maintain its waterproof nature per the warranty and thus would become damaged.

I have yet to receive a response from Vodafone regarding the situation.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these circumstance in case Vodafone's conclusion comes back and does not support my case?

I find the idea of paying for a phone for two years which I am not actually able to use, and paying for a replacement.

I see it as £800 wasted and I'm not especially willing to accept that.

Thank you in advance!

Hi sturdymo10

Welcome to CAG

We here at CAGlink31.gif have a very successful vodafonelink3.gif Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

To get this looked into further could we please you ask you to email HERE with the details quoting the code WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum in the subject line

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number.

To ensure that it reaches Lee could you update the thread with this and He'll get back to you as soon as he can?

CAG.

DX SITETEAM