Scottish Power Boiler Cover - UTTERLY USELESS no heat over holiday now!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3771 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Scottish Power boiler cover which I pay for by direct debit,

in November I reported that I had a problem, it is now the 23rd December and

after numerous phone calls, engineers not turning up new part being put in,

having intermittent heating and hot water for the last two weeks

I have had no heating or hot water,

I have phoned and emailed several times to Scottish Power with promises from them that someone would contact me

then they were ordering a part,

only to find today when I phoned yet again to be told that they are not going to repair my boiler despite my having contract,

despite them originally accepting my boiler!

I have asked on several occasions to speak to a Customer service manager only to be told they are too busy and my case was not urgent,

in fact I was denied this access totally!

I have been told that an email is being sent from the engineer to the customer services but still no information to me.

I have no idea what to do next, if they had informed me two weeks ago I could have got a local engineer in to have it fixed,

as it stands at present, no heating or hot water over the christmas period

therefore one year old grandson cant come to stay,

any suggestions please on what I can do?

Needless to say I will be moving my custom elsewhere for gas and electricity

but doubt if that will bother Scottish Power at all.

quite honestly i'd be demanding all your cover payments back plus 8% statutory interest.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi yellow

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such, explain what's happened, how Scottish Power have let you down and what you want them to do to put matters right, remember to ask for compensation.

Send it to:-

Mr Keith Anderson

Chief Corporate Officer

[email protected]

Let us know how you get on.

They initially exchanged a small part that was causing it to overheat and cut out,

there is now no water pressure, but

they said if that didnt put it right they would not be able to repair it as it would need two men to do the job and the boiler is in a difficult place to access!!!

Yet they examined it and took it on in the first place!

They also said they would order the part for the water levels but have never come back to try part!

Hi Keith, I do plan on doing this but as they have not replied to five emails, have not replied to my request for phone back and have not explained what they are going to do, I am slightly concerned that they will not reply to my letter!! They have had the five statutory days to reply to my email (working days) and have not done so!

not surprised was it not Scottish power that dumped 1700 people in last few weeks?

ceo should get you attention as rebell11 states.

tell him unless you have a reply by 5pm tomorrow

you'll file to court for the return of all your cover payments + interest + cost of heating by electric and inconvenience etc etc

def not on this is supposed to be the season of good will!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

Hi yellow

If you've made a reasonable attempt to resolve your issues with their Customer Service Department,

it is pointless having further dealings with them.

Escalate the matter to the CEO,

there are a whole bunch of employees who aren't taking ownership of your complaint or trying to resolve it.

If you stopped payments no doubt they would want your monies like yesterday, you want this resolved like yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you who have been so kind as to comment on my previous moan about Scottish Power

and their inability to even talk to me here is a small update to an ongoing problem.

I sent five emails, and

I phone several times,

the eventual replies (after the five statutory working days) was to phone customer services!

The same number that I had been contacting and getting nowhere.

Just before Christimas I finally got through again to customer services to be advised that no one was going to repair my boiler

and was given no explanation other than an email was being sent to someone.

I have since heard absolutely nothing from Scottish Power and

when I tried phoning again and holding on for ages as usual, I was cut off.

I have a private engineer coming this afternoon to look at my boiler and

depending on what he says I will be writing a very long letter to the CEO of Scottish Power

and taking them to Court!

Watch this space!

I have exactly the same problem. I had a no show from an engineer today. I also used the "emergency" number in early december and was given a date in January. This company goes out of its way to alienate its customers. File a complaint and get a complaint number then write to the CEO whiter in Glasgow or at their parent company in Spain. I am trying to find the e-mail address of Neil Clitheroe the CEO of the retail end, but they are very opaque with their contact details on the website.

I have heard this same story so many times before. How can this company be allowed to provide services to anyone if it can't do anything right? There job is to supply you with heat and hot water, you don't have heat and hot water. They have failed at their job and it might be time to take this matter to court so you can get a resolution.

Hi Keith, thankyou for your message, I am in the process of writing a reply to Scottish Power but on Sunday I had a phone call from them saying they were returning a call that I had made to them earlier that day! I had made no such call, how do you ask for compensation from a company that lies?

Hi Keith, thankyou for your message, I am in the process of writing a reply to Scottish Power but on Sunday I had a phone call from them saying they were returning a call that I had made to them earlier that day! I had made no such call, how do you ask for compensation from a company that lies?

At least is progress! They called you after they have been ignoring you all this time.

At least is progress! They called you after they have been ignoring you all this time.

Well they didn't return the call and the original phone call was to cover their backs to tell me they were not going to repair my boiler as it was a health and safety issue despite agreeing to take it on in the first place!