Help required with "stolen" iPhone

kmiller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi don't know how to sort this but it's being going on for a while now.

About 5 months ago I was in a curry store in Manchester and I left my iPhone in the store. I then went on a volunteering trip to South Africa which was amazing and fulfilling but is neither here nor there.

Whilst there I received a email from Vodafone letting me kknow that a member of staff had found my phone and rang them to say it was in there store. I was overjoyed as I now didn't have to buy a new phone and felt honesty was in the world still.

Upon arriving back onthe UK I went to the store to pick up my phone. It okay 15 minutes till a member of staff bothered to talk to me! at which he informed me it was him who found and reported my phone I expressed my happiness to him and thanked him profusely for being such an upstandi citizen. He went to a room where he said he locked it away. Coming back a few moments later saying it must have been moved.

He checked with his manager who didn't want to know me. And just brushed it away saying it'll work in the sage but no one could check it till the day after. They sent me away with th promise to ring me.

The day after they rang me saying they had checked and it wasn't there. . But But another member of staff wwho was on holiday could have placed it somewhere else. . They were to arrive back in store a week later. This was two months ago. I have since rang the store and asked to speak to the manager who sends the first member of staff on the phone phone to speak to me.

All I want to know. Is where is my phone. Why was I told it was there if it isn't. And why curry think they can send a person who isn't a manager to the phone when asked for a manager?

Sounds like one of the workers has taken it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Do you still have the Vodafone text that told you it had been found and was being kept in the store ?

Ive looked and I cannot seem to find the email at this present moment. thought I put it into my husbands email account but I cannot access that till he is home as I have locked the account trying the password.

Forget the manager and forget phone calls

start at the top put it in writing to head office

I tried their contact centre and was fobbed off with the "its an issue to be dealt with at a local level". no ownership from them or any help whatsoever