Curry's - Sim card not delivered despite initial payment

Hi,

I have ordered a sim card before three months with a popular electronics retailer in the UK after paying an initial deposit which the company demanded.

Their service is much worse that they wrongly delivered a phone at first (which was duly returned to them) and failed to deliver the sim even now.

I have chased them countless number of times via their email and phone and they have closed all their lines, without any response.

I am quite not clear how i can take this case up with a consumer forum,

can receive directions on how the issue can be solved amicably.

If someone here can help on achieving this,

i would be grateful.

Thanks and regards,

Arun

Please will you tell us which company you are dealing with.

Give us some actual dates when this happened.

How much money did you pay?

That lot for starters

• dx100uk changed the title to Curry's - Sim card not delivered despite initial payment

What style of SIM? PAYG, Sim only (term?),  or bundled with a phone (contract).

For which network, for what package?

If it is pAYG, look to get what you need elsewhere and cancel the current request.

If there is a contract involved it gets more complicated as you may have a liability to a network if Curry’s PCW / CPW (carphone warehouse) were acting as an agent (again, which network, and as the network or a virtual provider on that network??)

how did you pay them?

if by debit card, might just be as quick to do a chargeback to your bank.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

9 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

how did you pay them?

if by debit card, might just be as quick to do a chargeback to your bank.?

dx

Absolutely if ‘PAYG’

but if there is a contract with a Network involved it’d be wise to ensure the network know no service has been provided so they don’t come after the OP for ongoing charges.

There is also ‘loss of bargain’. If the OP got a great deal for their £30 and still need that great deal, they can look to getting the nearest equivalent deal, and claiming (from Curry’s) the cost of that new deal (less £30 for what they have paid / would have had to pay Curry’s)

Edited by BazzaS

Speak to O2: see if they can issue the SIM for the deal you had with Curry’s (or, at least, tell you if O2 have any record of it!)

or if they can offer you an alternative (ensuring they cancel the previous 0ffer / SIM)

If you can escape the contract then I would suggest that you go to Giffgaff.

They Are on the O2 network.

Monthly contracts. No other commitment. You can change the level of your contract each month and the cheapest one at the moment is about 6 quid per month.

I use an 8 quid contract Which gives me about 6 GB per month and free calls to other people on the giffgaff system.

I have been on it for years now and it has always been excellent and very flexible and great customer service

Yes, if you don't make any headway within the next 7 days or so then let us know and we will help you make a small claim in the county court.

You can be pretty certain that as soon as they receive  the court papers they will suddenly take notice and leap into action.

No need for arbitration .

They deliver what the agreement was (since it constitutes a contract if there was offer, acceptance, legal intent to create a contractual relationship, and consideration, which from the post there was), or you can take action to seek a contract that offers the nearest bargain, and hold Curry’s to any increased cost 

Put curry’s on notice that time is of the essence to resolve this.

Edited by BazzaS
  • I agree 1

Another upvote for giffgaff, if the O2 network suits you (since giffgaff is a virtual operator on o2’s network)

Major differences, in case either is important to you: Giffgaff don’t do either wi-if calling, nor third party / conference calling.