information regarding my late fathers stay at nursing homes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i need information from various nursing homes regarding the dates that my father went in and came out and i dont have them all.

can i approach them direct if i have the certificate of death with me?

i know one of them wont be a problem, but have never visted at least one of the homes he was in for a short time.

this post relates to money (unfortuntely) as we discovered his cleaner had been helping herself to all his funds (we discovered this at great length after his death)

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. as soon as we have all the information we need we will be handing our file over to the police.

regards

Hi,

I would think whoever is executor will have the authority to request this information.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

As Scott has said, if you are the Executor of your Father's estate, there should be no problem requesting this information. I wonder if it might be a good idea to not to mention, why you want this information if you are going to be involving the police.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 9 months later...

hi guys

many thanks for your replies, sorry i am a little late returning to the thread.

our thoughts were possibly to involve the police, i have visited all the nursing homes and they willingly gave me the dates i requested.

we needed them in order to ascertain money being taken from his accounts when he wasn't able to get to the banks himself.

we have done a few calculations and have come to a sum of £47,000 taken from his accounts in the three years leading up to his death (including £800 withdrawn in the last 3 weeks of his life when he didn't leave hospital)

we have now taken legal advice, they told us the police wouldn't give two monkeys and would do little or nothing to help us.

his bank were a little more helpful but only after we exerted pressure on them to supply us with full bank statements for the previous years.

this only came to light after his death when we realized he didn't have enough money left in his accounts to pay remaining bills - and seeing as he had been housebound for the previous 3 years + we did a little digging - only to find nearly all the previous three years bank statements were missing ( my dad kept them as far back as 2006!)

we know who's had the money, and all the bank statements coupled with all his hospital stays and nursing home stays prove that he could not have withdrawn all this money

do we have anywhere to go from here?

i have let this lie for a while as i don't want to get involved with the woman i know is at the center of all this, and she also brought her daughter along to my fathers funeral to try to pick a fight with me in front of all the other mourners, so you can understand the lowlifes i am dealing with here

any advice would be welcome, its hard enough dealing with loss, but having to fend off utilities company's a year after my dads death because he's been cleaned out is slightly grating

I will flag your post for site team, hopefully they will be able to come up with some advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Quequeg,

I don't know why you were told the police would be uninterested. They have a duty to investigate such an allegation and time will tell whether they decide on taking any action.

If the your Dad's Executors are being hounded for payments by utility companies, the situation is probably simple. If there was money left available to pay debts after funeral expenses, bills should be paid.

If there was no money left after funeral costs (whether because of the alleged fraud or simply because YD had no money left), the creditors cannot be paid. No one else is obliged to pay such debts.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I would suggest that you write a letter to the police in which you formally report the crime.

Lay out the basis for your suspicion and enclose copies of evidence that you have. If you havem't had a response after 2 weeks, I would write to them again and also start sending copies out to your MP as well as the police authority for that area.

I can't imagine why your lawyer told you that the police wouldn't be interested. If there has been a theft on this scale, then I would have expected that they would want to take action.

In fact, if there is no response from the police, then I would also get the lawyer to to make a formal crime report on your behalf.

• Haha 1

Sorry to hear about this. That's a lot of money.

I think you have to move quickly, especially if the person responsible does not own a house. That money is unlikely to be sitting around for long. Do you have any idea where the money might have went? Presumably the withdrawals were done in cash, but if there were any bank transfers I wonder if you and your lawyer should be looking to obtain a freezing order over that account.

Personally I would get the police involved immediately so that they can begin their investigation. If further evidence comes to light, you can pass the evidence on at that time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS