JD Williams SimplyBe Debt and Reliable Collections

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the main reason you don't call a DCA, they LIE do as they see fit when they want to. Firstly don't worry put this all in writing and send it off to them, they will start letter tennis, but you must state what YOU will pay and WHEN its not for them to dictate to you. If you have limited funds available and they demand an I&E don't give it to them they cannot get it, only a judge has that power,

Basically a DCA will try every trick in the book to get money from you, but if you follow advice from here, that will/maybe much less than you think.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a letter from JD williams about a JDW and SimplyB Account that I owe money on.

I had been paying £1 per month

the payment plan they offered was £10.00 for Simply B and £5 for JDW.

I was able to pay a bit more so offered £10.00 each account payable by standing order on 4th of every month,

the first payment would be made on 4th October as I had already sent a £1.00 payment in September

They sent an email saying payment plan was agreed £10.00 each with payments on 28th Month.

Wrote back and said no thats not I agreed and sent them a copy of my letter making it clear payment

would be made by SO on 4th of Month (thats when it would hit their bank)

I got a hard copy of the 'plan letter' with same dates on 28th Month

which I ignored as it was a confirmation of their email and I had already replied.

I now have a statement for my Simply Be account which says I am overdue a payment

they have taken the £10.00 Oct payment off but have sent me an invoice for £20.00

to be paid on by 18th November which includes overdue payment of £10.00.

They have charged me £15.17 credit charge

and have said that there will be a charge of 12.00

if I dont pay in full as an administration charge for the reminder.

They should have the £10.00 November payment by Monday

but I am not prepared to pay an extra £10.00 by 18th as this is not what I agreed.

What is my next step can I report them to OFT for setting up a payment date when they know I have not agreed to it.

I owe 553 to Simply B and about 750 to JD Williams.

They haven't sent me anything about the JDW account.

Payments are being made through Reliable Collections

Edited by Madamfluff

Ignore the penalty charges. Theyre not enforceable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

3 threads merged

simply be are JDW so you have 2 accounts?

never mind..

did you ever send them an SAR to get al the statements?

might be worth it

as over both of them

you'll hve heeps of £12 PENALTY fees for everything from letter/late/over/debt management/phonecall/its raining today

charges that can all be reclaimed

you might even find they are charging you their stealth PPI too!

if you have TOLD them via letter/email what they re going to get

that's the end of it

I would not be entering into any email/letter tennis.

if they still keep charging interest & fees

drop them to £1PCM!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Update

I had dropped my payments down to £1.00 per month in November as they would not accept a monthly payment of £10.00 per account

I had a letter in December that told me they could not accept payments per calendar month as my agreement was for every 28 days

and they required 13 payments per year.

I had a letter on 7th Jan that said 'they had made repeated attempts to contact me' and that I had to ring them within 48 hours to stop any further action.

They also told me that if I called them they would look to reduce my £10.00 per 28 days payment plan

I replied back

first of all I made it clear that I disputed that they had attempted to talk to me

A I had made it clear in every letter I had sent them that I would only communicate in writing and

B I log all calls to my landline using 'who called me' and there has been no inbound calls to me on any number that can be attributed to them.

I told them that I would be happy to commence payment of £10.00 per account but it would be by standing order on the 4th of the month,

I also told them that if they required 13 payments per year I would pay an extra £10.00 per account on 4th Jan 2015

making 13x10.00 between 4th Feb 2014 and 4th Jan 2015,

I also told them that if I was able to increase my payments or pay all/some of the monies owed I would contact them to arrange it.

Today I got another letter

this letter told me that their systems cannot support any payments other then every 28 days

which made some of my payments late therefore they could charge late payment fees.

I have been given a form to sign to say that I will agree to payments every 28 days

and that I will accept the removal of 3 x 12.00 applied to both accounts in December 2013

and Jan 2014 in a full settlement of my complaint.

In their letter they also stated that I first told them of my financial problems in Oct 2013

and that they attempted to support me at that time,

this is totally incorrect as I let them know of my financial situation in May 2013

and have copies of every letter I received from them and copies of my dated replies going back from May 2013.

I am going to my bank next week to see if I can pay them every 28 days without setting up a direct debit

- which I refuse to do and intend to write to them once the bank has given me the best option in how to pay through them ( and not by DD/phone or online)

I have no intention of signing their form until I know if my bank can help me and will only print my name and not use my normal signature.

If I am owed £36 per account due to these late payment charges do I really need to 'sign' anything to get these charges removed

In April this year my Husband will reach pension age and get a lump sum from a private pension which will allow me to pay some of the money,

if I get an SAR which shows how much they have charged me in admin charges and late payments,

can I deduct these charges and offer them a full and final payment of the actual money I owe them

Any help would be appreciated

you call the shots NOT THEM

we've heard this 28 crap several times before

just stick by your guns.

why cant you pay them via YOUR internet banking webportal?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you call the shots NOT THEM

we've heard this 28 crap several times before

just stick by your guns.

why cant you pay them via YOUR internet banking webportal?

I dont do internet banking

Can I refuse to pay every 28 days and pay per calendar month - is there someone I can see where it has been done before

Of course you can pay like that. instead of Internet banking, simply get their bank details and a ref number, walk into your nearest branch and tell the person on the counter you want to set up a SO for a certain amount, to be paid on a date of your choice. Simple.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Of course you can pay like that. instead of Internet banking, simply get their bank details and a ref number, walk into your nearest branch and tell the person on the counter you want to set up a SO for a certain amount, to be paid on a date of your choice. Simple.

Hi yes I have done that and am paying on the 4th of the month by standing order but they want it every 28 days instead of every calender month abd say I have no choice