RED Collection Services - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today i have received a letter from Red Debt Collection Services They are requesting a debt to be paid on behalf of there client "Lowell"

However i know the debt belongs to JD Williams "Originally"

The letter goes on to say, "You debt remains unpaid" they are now wanting to take further action on this account.

They go on to say what happens next and they state they have a copy of my credit file and are in process of obtaining my employment details (no chance as i'm unemployed)

They then go on to say that you can avoid this by setting up a payment of 0.50p a day, £15 quid a month by completing a direct debit at lowells website.

What advice can you give me so i can tackle this debt?

Few things i know :

The debt does have some charges (not sure how many)

The debt is over 2 years old

I'm trying to clear eveything now and would like some advice on what i can do to tackle this debt?

Should i respond to this letter? what should i respond with?

Appreciate the help!

if JDW sold it

theres something wrong

i'd sar JDW and get all the info

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not really dca's are not bailiffs

and have no such legal powers

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Red are part of Lowell - the whole group have a pretty poor reputation where caggers are concerned.

Charges - you will need to obtain copies of statements from the original creditor by way of a Subject Access Request which will cost you £10.00. Once you have the statements, you will need to complete a spread sheet which we can provide for you. Then you would need to write to the Original creditor enclosing your spread sheet and demand for the refund of the charges.

You say the "debt is over 2 years old" when did you enter into the agreement originally - if only 2 years then almost certainly there will be an agreement in existence somewhere.

If you have other debts, it might be worth your considering a Debt Management plan with either Step Change or PayPlan. You can of course administer your own DMP with the help of CAG.

But you will need to let us know all your debts.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

not really dca's are not bailiffs

and have no such legal powers

Right, no problem.

Red are part of Lowell - the whole group have a pretty poor reputation where caggers are concerned.

Charges - you will need to obtain copies of statements from the original creditor by way of a Subject Access Request which will cost you £10.00. Once you have the statements, you will need to complete a spread sheet which we can provide for you. Then you would need to write to the Original creditor enclosing your spread sheet and demand for the refund of the charges.

You say the "debt is over 2 years old" when did you enter into the agreement originally - if only 2 years then almost certainly there will be an agreement in existence somewhere.

If you have other debts, it might be worth your considering a Debt Management plan with either Step Change or PayPlan. You can of course administer your own DMP with the help of CAG.

But you will need to let us know all your debts.

I don't have the information on hand to how old the account is, but Yes, there is most certainly an agreement, which was made by applying online.

Will be sending off the SAR in the next couple of days. to get all the information i need.

I think this account is made up of all 80% charges, mainly penalty fees.

If so, once i get the information back from JDW and 80% are all fees, would paying the 20% that aren't fees and then tackling the charges be the best option? therefore on the account would be all charges of £12's?

is that a way of clearing the debt faster?

To be honest i think all my debts are made up of charges, thus why i'm tackling them one by one.

I have a vanquis card thats littered with late payment fees and that account is 3 years old, those charges would clear the account 7 times over i think. i just can't seem to get the vanquis debt down because of there high interest rates. Anyhow, that's another debt i will tackle a little later.

You dont pay ANYTHING. WHen you claim back the fee's, you also calculate the interest rate they were charging you. You'll probably find out they owe YOU money, which is why it has been sold. They know the debt is unenforceable, but are hoping you pay up before you notice it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You dont pay ANYTHING. WHen you claim back the fee's, you also calculate the interest rate they were charging you. You'll probably find out they owe YOU money, which is why it has been sold. They know the debt is unenforceable, but are hoping you pay up before you notice it.

Right, thank you. Going to get on to that right now then!

Anyone know where i can find the right JDW address to send the SAR to.

Is it :

J D Williams & Company Limited

Registered office: Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester, M60 6ES. Registered in England.

This is there registered office address, would it be fine to send it there?

have aread of a few threads in this forum

you'll soon get the idea

dx

and they

yes on the ad

dx

and they