Parking Direct at Ealing Broadway station

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3837 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has been issued with a parking notice from parking direct at Ealing Broadway station. Having spoken to Popla is appears that any idea of appealing is pointless as they seen to be in favour of this company. To save all the hassle I will be paying the £60 fine but want to know if legally Parking direct have to accept 30 x £2 cheques as full and final payment.

NO do not pay

its a speculative invoice

ignore the threat-o-grams

it is NOT a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

the ONLY tickets that a REAL ONES.

see the WATCHDOG video on you tube

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My daughter has been issued with a parking notice from parking direct at Ealing Broadway station. Having spoken to Popla is appears that any idea of appealing is pointless as they seen to be in favour of this company. To save all the hassle I will be paying the £60 fine but want to know if legally Parking direct have to accept 30 x £2 cheques as full and final payment.

Does anybody know who owns the land outside Ealing Broadway station as interestingly enough the other side has double yellow lines which would indicate the Queens Highway. Park Direct refuse to give me the owners details.

• 4 months later...

cliffy38: did you ever get anywhere with finding out about the landlord?

Just to remind everyone - NEVER pay these people. In particular the site in Ealing is notorious.

There is a specific website set up for information on how to deal with invoices from Park Direct UK Ltd at this particular site outside Ealing Broadway Train Station. Just google Park Direct Ealing (as I can't post links yet).

Note that Popla have now been going long enough to get their act in gear a bit more and this site will show you how to WIN in most cases. I believe that Popla gave the impression in the past of favouring this company as people were just not wise as to how to construct their appeal.

Does anybody know who owns the land outside Ealing Broadway station as interestingly enough the other side has double yellow lines which would indicate the Queens Highway. Park Direct refuse to give me the owners details.

yellow paint queens highway ?? may be or they just got some left from another private parking site!.

yellow lines on private parking classed as graffitti

Yes, I can confirm that this is a private road. The yellow lines mean nothing really. Of course you shouldn't actually 'park' on the lines, but this is the place to drop people off / pickup / etc in this location, not the patrolled bays. This is confirmed by the local council.The trouble is that to the average motorist, they think that by avoiding the double yellow lines and pausing in the bay they are doing the right thing.

Railway land is covered by different laws but then this should be reflected in what is claimed by the parking co as they are most likely limited in what they can and cant do by those laws. There are experts on this on the forum but they generally dont read the parking posts. Need to find out whether it is covered by the Railways Acts.

cliffy38: did you ever get anywhere with finding out about the landlord?

Just to remind everyone - NEVER pay these people. In particular the site in Ealing is notorious.

There is a specific website set up for information on how to deal with invoices from Park Direct UK Ltd at this particular site outside Ealing Broadway Train Station. Just google Park Direct Ealing (as I can't post links yet).

Note that Popla have now been going long enough to get their act in gear a bit more and this site will show you how to WIN in most cases. I believe that Popla gave the impression in the past of favouring this company as people were just not wise as to how to construct their appeal.

Hello Jebps

Yes, as you are aware, in a recent very appeal to POPLA, Park Direct threw the towel in and simply didn't even attempt to put their case - well and truly spanked and £27 (plus VAT) down on the deal.