UKPPO (UKPC) ANPR PCN - 4mins overstay - Anne Horniman Street, First Street, Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPPO (UKPC) ANPR PCN - 4mins overstay - Anne Homiman Street, First Street, Manchester

DCA's are not BAILIFFS

safe to ignore everything until/unless he ever gets a Letter Of Claim.

4 min overstay eh? well thats within their allowed times anyway i bet.

photo all the signs and their locations.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just a quick comment for later witness statement (if ever needed)

Extract from Fleecer's trade association:

13 Consideration and Grace Periods on Private Land
13.1 Motorists must be allowed a sufficient Consideration Period so they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to enter or remain on the Private Land. If a Motorist chooses to reject the opportunity by entering or remaining on the Private Land without reading terms and conditions, they may be deemed to have accepted them immediately.

Very strange wording in the last sentence, however... Your son obviously did "read the terms and conditions"... Didn't he?

That would involve, parking up, finding the closest sign, then reading their stupid terms and conditions, which would quite easily take 4 or 5 minutes. (Especially after reading the micriofiche sized writing at the bottom of the sign with your magnifying glass.)

Here's the location on Google spyview. (Zoomed in on one of their signs.)

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4732382,-2.2457304,3a,15y,155.66h,91.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1siL2FO-FdHIOQNTSfC_gBfQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

And here's the view of their "entrance sign" around the corner, only about 5 or 6 ft from another (conflicting) sign.

Note that all of this conlicting signage is on the same street... "Annie Horniman Street".

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.4731599,-2.2458323,3a,44.9y,59.23h,89.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s_s5C_XHu3x6Bu_UaD7T8Kg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• honeybee13 changed the title to UKPPO (UKPC) ANPR PCN - 4mins overstay - Anne Horniman Street, First Street, Manchester
11 hours ago, cavz said:

My son got the attached whilst picking his partner up from work back in July.

Presumably, his partner works for the business onsite?

Try approaching them about cancelling the PCN...

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

The PCN does not comply with the protection of freedoms Act 2012 -the Act that covers parking  in private car parks. This means that only the driver is resposible for the charge and the keeper cannot be held liable to pay anything.

As nicky Boy has already explained, the sign at the entrance  which should be the sign that forms the contract with drivers does not explain what the terms and conditions are. so it is only an offer to treat  not  contract forming.

In any event your son was not parked there he was stopped inside his car waiting to pick someone up. the definition of parking always includes the action of leaving the car unattended.

• Like 1