style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The girl who said I done it has cerebral palsy and she can't speak but she can nod for yes and shake her head for no but she doesn't like younger people caring for her and she's always been off with me as I'm only 23. She's 10 days older than I am. Also, she wouldn't see me working down her isle as I'm never down there so I can't see why she would nod yes for me when I don't see her unless someone has put it on her head. It will be 4 weeks on Wednesday

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the rota says that you weren't working on the date that the item was stolen I would think that's good enough evidence, however although you have been told that's why you have been suspended by a friend you haven't been told officially the reason why, it may be for something different so don't get too focussed on the charger going missing. all you can do is wait and see

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

It wasn't a charger, it was a connector thingy that connects an old iPod to a new docking station. I guess I'll bide my time in hope that all this will be resolved soon. My biggest worry now is how to go back to work when this is solved. My confidence has been knocked tremendously

I'm just wondering whether you should call someone senior there and explain that you weren't on the rota at the time and say that you're keen to get back to work as soon as possible. Its not in anyone's interests for you to be suspended and this might help move things along a bit.

At the time of the incident she hasn't been told the detail of? That'll be difficult. I suspect this is a wider investigation.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I phoned my manager again today, again she won't tell me a thing and I can't say I know what I'm supposed to of done because xxx told me and he isn't supposed to speak to me. I have ignored everyone from work as I'm not allowed to speak to anyone from there. I wish I could phone up and say "hey, why the hell is this taking so long because I wasn't even in work!" Though I have to be honest, I'm debating sending a letter saying I was told, and giving my point across.

Edited by honeybee13

I phoned my manager again today, again she won't tell me a thing and I can't say I know what I'm supposed to of done because xxx told me and he isn't supposed to speak to me. I have ignored everyone from work as I'm not allowed to speak to anyone from there. I wish I could phone up and say "hey, why the hell is this taking so long because I wasn't even in work!" Though I have to be honest, I'm debating sending a letter saying I was told, and giving my point across.

It might be best for you to take the advice of Emmzzi and stop contacting the company by phone. It cant be very pleasant to be accused of something you know you haven't done and that their own records will prove that you cant have done it.

However, spending every waking moment worrying about this is not going to make things go any faster.

Try and busy yourself, spring clean your home, go window shopping, catch up with friends. Even if you cant attend your NVQ training, you can at least study. If you are being paid then I would just accept this as an unplanned vacation.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1 week later, a friend text from work saying he had heard about what I was suppoed to of done,

and that no one would believe it. I

was supposed to of stolen an iPod connecter thingy that connects the Ipod to a docking station.

I own an iPod 4th Gen, but the thing that was stolen was for an OLD iPod. and I don't even own a docking station.

fast forward, and its now 6th April 2013 and I have still not heard a thing from work.

I only recieved that one letter saying I wasn't allowed to contact anyone or I am not allowed to find another job.

Please help

It is not relevant whether you own an IPod that would match the missing item or even whether you have a docking station.

Actually my colleague told me that on hand-over the nurse said who ever stole it would have an old iPod, or is second technical who needed one. I don't know what it's called so I can't explain better. Basically the iPod didnt fit the docking station with out this part that's missing.

To be honest, it really does not matter what type of connection it was. It points to guilt to say it can't have been you because you already have (whatever)...I know it is stressful, but best not to apologise or explain if you are innocent. If you did it, best put your hand up and graciously resign. That's the best way to deal with guilt.

Have you ever been accused of something you didn't do? It's the most stressful thing in the world and for me, since I've left school I have worked because I have always wanted my own independence so I worked to get my own place etc so to be out of work for such a stupidly long time is super stressful.

I would wait until you know what the actual accusation, if any, is, instead of working out how to deal with an imagined situation. In the meantime clean the house, go for walks, write your CV, etc etc

• Haha 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I'd really be pushing the employer to make it clear what you're being accused of, to be suspended for this length of time fo no proper reason in completely unacceptable. Say that its causing you stress. Keep calling and writing until you get an acceptable response.

The employer has no right hatsoever to tell you not to contact people, so just ignore any such request.

I have asked my employer many times why I have been suspended but she keeps fobbing me off saying "I'll call you when it's dealt with by POVA" other than that I keep getting "I can't tell you anything". I have ignored my colleagues for 4 weeks now and after the first 2 weeks, they've now stopped calling and texting. I just don't want any trouble.

Im not sure why your employer said "I'll call you when it's dealt with by POVA"as a investigation would have to be done first depending on the outcome of this. !

The Protection of Vulnerable Adults (POVA) scheme relates to a list of people who are banned from working with vulnerable adults in registered care services

Edited by matt v atos

http://www.scie.org.uk/publications/guides/guide12/deciding/deciding5.asp

POVA Guidance

Employers and managers should address issues of harm to vulnerable adults directly through their disciplinary processes. If they are not tackled in this way, the grounds for a POVA referral may be undermined. . If the employer is unclear about whether the allegation has substance but has suspended/provisionally transferred the worker while more evidence is obtained, a referral should be made only if the suspension/transfer is on grounds of misconduct harming or placing at risk of harm a vulnerable adult. This will not be the case where the employer is simply operating a policy of suspension pending a hearing whenever allegations of misconduct are made (i.e. a ‘neutral’ suspension policy). In those circumstances a referral should be made IF and WHEN (following investigatory and disciplinary processes) a decision is made to dismiss, suspend or transfer the worker on grounds of misconduct harming or placing at risk of harm a vulnerable adult. The employer should make it clear to the worker if the grounds for the suspension/transfer change

======================================

get a grievance in if they do not tell you the reason for suspension in writing asking for it.

Then when you have the reason the text above will tell you if they are following pova guidance

other than that i'd go major bookworm on that link i put in around what pova does and is so your in the know

• Confused 1