• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Coast claim for Possession - old Welcome secured loan - Disc'd once - now another N24/N11R - help ***Resolved***

surrey_36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

for the debts you have with these people

kensington

Coast (EX welcome secured loan)

i would most certainly NEVER do what you are thinking of.

both are very well known to purposefully inflate debts with all manner of unlawful things that can all be challenged and reclaimed.

it just takes a bit of effort.

if you deal with these now, by the time it comes around to a remortgage in 9yrs these will be clear of all your credit files leaving you a good chance of a successful re mortgage with a prime lender.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

9 hours ago, surrey_36 said:

I have sent Coast an Income & Expenditure to hopefully organise a token payment to them but they have replied asking for :

1. 3 months Bank Statements and proof of income, wage slips or benefits'

2. Is 12st charge mortgage on an interest only or repayment and what's the remaining term.

I don't feel comfortable sending this information at all especially given the unbelievable tactics they have used before (contacting neighbours) - leaving Royal Mail while you were out cards to get you to call them etc)

However, not so long ago I had court date from them and I don't want to go down that road again, the thought of court is too stressful and brings me very strong anxiety.  I would like to come to an arrangement with them (albeit very small/token as I am struggling on a single income with 2 children)

Thank you to anyone that can help me on this 

Youre being scared into complying. Dont. Even if they try court, they need a ton of specific stuff. And it really sounds like they dont have it.  Don't get yourself marked as gullible.  They do NOT care about you. To them you're just a number.  They want your money no matter how they get it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for reply DX and Renegadeimp - I got a court date through back end of last year and it terrified me the thought of losing my house over this.  They did indeed successfully scare me! Due to covid the court date was cancelled (big relief) and I was advised to try and settle the matter directly with them.

I have sent SAR but the info they sent doesnt date back as far to the beginning.

Am I in my right to send another SAR?

when was this sar sent?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes.

• Like 1

and they

• 1 month later...

I am going through a previous SAR response, what is CAPITILISATION? there seems a lot of these..  apart from that thee is charges for letters/phone calls/visits

Received attached letter today..   Typical of them to throw in the nasty comment about repossession next month.. These people have filled me with fear for years!

Looking back through paperwork - I had forgotten about all the things they had done.  It does not surprise me for a period of my life I went into such terrible depression as reading back though everything its absolutely shocking.

One thing they have continuously done is contact my neighbours about me, asking questions about my activities.  The SAR states that an agent visited my house a few times in 2020 and spoke to the neighbour about me.

According to this letter I have 7 days to return bank statements before another court date hearing is set.

Coast - Welcome.pdf

Edited by surrey_36
wrong file type

posts moved to your existing welcome thread

lets have the full letter please

bet it doesn't say WILL anything.

i'm in very busy period and i'll review later the whole thread

and we still after asking numerous times since 2011 seen these statements surrey...you need to fight back....

On 22/09/2019 at 11:33, dx100uk said:

capitalisation is welcomes word for interest .so not reclaimable

and they

Why don't you engage with Coast and see what help they will offer you ?

If you don't engage with them, then I can see them using this against you, if this went to Court.

Is there a way you can downsize/move to cheaper Housing area and enable equity to be released ?

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Uncle Bulgaria, at the moment Im on an interest only mortgage that is at the end of term in 10 years.   I pay around £370 a month for mortgage - at the moment..  I've often thought of selling to access equity but very promptly been talked out of it and told i would be nuts to get off the ladder as would be impossible to get back on.

• dx100uk changed the title to Coast claim for Possession - old Welcome secured loan - twarted but still chasing and threatening again to repo

threads merged.

hows this SAR to welcome and  coast etc going?

dx

and they

Capitalisation is when the creditor adds the default and charges to the amount outstanding on the agreement, then re-finances the whole lot at the same rate.  It effectively forms a new agreement with an increased credit.

I see this is an interest only Mortgage, so the default sums will be added to the principle. Do youhave a policy in place to settle the initial loan.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

capitalisation on welcome statements means interest.

this is a std secured loan.

and they

dx I manage to locate quite alot of paperwork from welcome sent previously - what am I looking for? Im a bit worried that they are going to start court proceedings after their letter last week, im not keen to send them bank statements

coast.jpg

Hi peterbard this is a secured loan , i dont believe there is any policy in place

dx should I have sent an SAR to Welcome and Coast even though Coast had taken over the loan?  I have a pile of paperwork i have located thats about 2 reems of paper, from the SAR's I have sent previously.  There is a lot of information - the SAR requests more recently were sent on CDROM and were not accessible after a certain amount of time (i think the username and passcode expire or something)

i see you have all the statements in the earlier post 

pop welcome int rate in cell d15 of out CI sheet

Latest Spreadsheets - PPI Claims and Charges Claims - Dec 2011 - Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - Consumer Action Group

enter every penalty charges. on it date

and they

:rockon:

default sum int fee is.

i'm trying to workout when int was stopped 

you set the claim to date to that.

then take that whole total from the CISHEET

pop it into a copy of the statint sheet as a whole sum 

the day after their int stopped

leave the claimto date alone

that gives your total reclaim figure

and they

pick a rough avg

its pretty much immaterial.

and they

can you advise best way to respond to their letter posted above as states I have 7 days to respond before they set a new hearing date, 7 days has elapsed

Edited by surrey_36

no you haven't

its a threat, 

doesn't say will anything

i could instruct my dog to sit

if it does is another matter.

you should be well versed by now with carefully reading letters

you've had enough of them..

dx

and they

Worth a phone call or email at the least....this is not like dealing with a catalouge debt.....it's a serious threat which you can't treat like bluff.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread