Vanquis Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wonder if anyone can advise me on how I stand with the following situation.

In 2006 I took a Vanquis Visa card in June 2009 I owed them £1952.24 and my payments were £89.00 per month. In June 2009 I got into some financial difficulty and spoke to Vanquis asking them to cancel the card and that I could not afford the £89.00 per month and that I could afford £43.00 per month. They agreed and the card was cancelled and I was told that no more interest would be applied to the account.

I paid the £43.00 for 3 months when Vanquis informed me that £43.00 was not enough and I now owed them £2217.45. I wrote to them insisting that until they removed the interest charges I would not make any payments until the amount owed was the agreed £1952.24 less 3 payments of £43.00.

I did not get any reply from Vanquis except for monthly statements and each month more interest was added.

In feb 2010 I received a letter from a collection service called Impact asking for £2350.52 I wrote to impact telling them I was in dispute with Vanquis over the amount owed. I did not get any reply from Impact and my last statement from Vanquis is dated July 2010 stating I owe £3015.09.

Since this statement I have had no correspondence either written or by phone from Vanquis until yesterday When I received a letter asking for payment of £2355.00 as a early settlement payment. In the same post I got a letter from a company called Lewis Debt recovery asking for the full £3015.09. I think this Lewis Debt recovery have been telephoning me for about a week but because I will not confirm my postcode, date of birth and inside leg measurements they will not tell me who they are.

My question is can Vanquis have no contact with me for 3 years and then out of the blue demand payment. What can/should I do?

I hope all of the above is clear and your help and guidance is appreciated

Edited by citizenB

Have you checked your credit files?

Has Vanquis sold this account, or are these tin pot DCA's simply the gophers doing their dirty work?

Ignore the DCA's for now.

Check your credit files, and start the serious complaint with Vanquis for their atrocious behaviour regarding the running of your account.

If they ring in future, just laugh and hang up, do it every time the children phone, they will be forced to get their crayons out then and converse in writing.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Did you make the payment arrangement on the telephone ? If in writing, do you still have this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D