work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The government are saying 130,000 people have found work through the work programme ?

Have a listen to what they say about ESA and WP

http://www.channel4.com/news/work-programme-targets-government-mark-hogan-video

I noticed the government never answered this question, Are theses jobs full time, part time and how many of theses people are still in work after 6 months !

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The government are saying 130,000 people have found work through the work programme ?

Have a listen to what they say about ESA and WP

http://www.channel4.com/news/work-programme-targets-government-mark-hogan-video

I noticed the government never answered this question, Are theses jobs full time, part time and how many of theses people are still in work after 6 months !

They had a target of 16% of ESA people on the WP to find sustainable work yet people in ESA have limited capability of work and are supposedbly not have any mandatory work placements. That ESA target seems ridicously high when compared to the JSA target.

They had a target of 16% of ESA people on the WP to find sustainable work yet people in ESA have limited capability of work and are supposedbly not have any mandatory work placements. That ESA target seems ridicously high when compared to the JSA target.

All targets seemed perfectly reasonable when the Welfare To Work Sector negotiated the contracts, and were designated as Minimum Performance Targets - and were clearly accepted as being Minimum Performance Targets at the time and easily exceeded, generating £Millions in Bonus Payments.

All targets seemed perfectly reasonable when the Welfare To Work Sector negotiated the contracts, and were designated as Minimum Performance Targets - and were clearly accepted as being Minimum Performance Targets at the time and easily exceeded, generating £Millions in Bonus Payments.

Quite! A4e were even paid to help design the WP! So they got money to help design a system that they could profit from.

Now they seem to want to complain that the system isn't fair because they can't make enough cash out of it.

You wouldn't make this up!

this is why there is a wide turnover of staff - they were employed on a relatively lower wage, with promised performance bonuses. as they have not performed, they do not get them, and are saddled with around 200 'clients' each.

Can anyone who already participated in the 1st tough meeting at JCP after WP give us the following information:

- JSA Agreement you are imposed to sign (ideally scanned copy), the point I would like to know is if there are any different clauses compared with the existing one

- DWP's announcement on 31 May says "At their first appointment they will have to agree a binding back-to-work plan laying out what they are required to do.", is there any fixed format or legally binding form for the back-to-work plan apart from the new JSA Agreement?

- 1 person talked about 35 hrs job search which another person said it hasn't been legislated though, according to Securing Your Rights on Welfare to Work(fare) site (I'm not yet allowed to attach its link) it looks already done, does it apply only when Universal Credit starts? Is there anybody who are told 35 hrs is mandatory?

Thanks.

May

My first is on the 4th July (2013)- I will post what ever happens on here afterwards.

I have yet to receive a call from my WP provider, about collecting a copy of my WPER1, but it has only been 14 since I finished it. I will raise the matter with the DWP, to see if they have had their copy.

I went for an interview yesterday and he wants me! I have another interview nearer to home on Monday. I am panicking now about not having any money for the month and the length of time it takes to sort Housing Benefit with the council. I have the budgeting loan application here shall I apply for money to cover me for the duration of the month, I need to get to the job and its costing £10 for bus/train. I won't be able to get to the job or eat etc as they have stopped the run on for benefits.

Hi LonghairedLily...First....Congrats on the job well done.......if you are still on the WP ask them for help with a months travel expenses to help you out...they used to help with that, they did when I found myself a temp job, if you are signing off i'm not sure if you will be able to apply for the budgeting loan, as that I thought was for when you are claiming benefits, (I may be wrong) see about working tax credit (if you are entitled to it) as that will help you out while you wait for your first pay packet, . I'm sure others on here can help you out more with what you are entitled too. Good Luck with job :-)

Hi lorise,

I have another interview on Monday with another firm and I will make a decision then, no start dates been mentioned. I was think if I put my budgeting loan in on Monday I know it takes 2 two weeks to go through, odds on I won't have started by the time it comes through. ?

Yet when you listen to that channel 4 news clip.

0% on ESA WRAG have found a job !

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi lorise,

I have another interview on Monday with another firm and I will make a decision then, no start dates been mentioned. I was think if I put my budgeting loan in on Monday I know it takes 2 two weeks to go through, odds on I won't have started by the time it comes through. ?

Yeah good thinking get any last bit of money out of them while you can...although once you start work you will have to pay it back maybe at a higher rate then if you were still on benefits (again I am not sure)..some help I am haha , good luck with 2nd job interview...hope you make the right choice for you between what job you take again Good luck.

.although once you start work you will have to pay it back maybe at a higher rate then if you were still on benefits (again I am not sure)..

I'm not sure but from my experience with the SLC if you pay something towards it there isn't much they can really do about it unless they take you to court, and that would be unlikely if you are paying something in line with what they take off your benefit (about £7 per week)

And of course will have a period in between starting work and when they write to you to tell you you have to pay it, so you can save up a bit then and stagnate the payments.

The DWP have produced a load of documents spelling out what exactly should happen to the WP returners. Thanks to J Roberts and Freedom of Information these can all be read from here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/exit_reports_hit_squads_and_the#incoming-403920

I found the PWPS Guidance v3 13 05 29.pdf particularly useful and also the training given to DWP advisers Learning for WSD frontline staff v4 0 2013 05 31.ppt

Be one step ahead of them - do a bit of reading.

Basically it is up to the adviser to sort the sheep from the goats. The goats being those with no recent work experience etc. who are consigned to the Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR). During the trailblazer this was known as "Ongoing Case Management". Basically it's the "hit squad" approach.

I quote:

PWPS will introduce a new element for JSA claimants called the Mandatory

Intervention Regime

(MIR)*. This is for claimants who have multiple barriers to work,

including motivational issues and/or a

lack of recent relevant work experience.

The sheep get sent back for normal JCP processing.

Be warned though:

The majority of JSA completers will be assigned to the MIR group, receiving

a more intensive offer of flexible and personalised adviser based support.

• Confused 1

(MIR)*. This is for claimants who have multiple barriers to work, including motivational issues and/or a lack of recent relevant work experience.

The vast majority (all ?) claimants are likely to fall in to this category thanks to spending (wasting) two years on the WP in addition to the twelve months qualifying period. Perhaps the saving grace is the number of people coming back in to the system after serving time with the providers. With cutbacks in the Job Centre, and an influx of some 60,000 ex-WP claimants each month, methinks they are going to struggle to cope - If the DWP are planning on dragging these people in on a weekly (or even daily) basis with the staff and resources currently available, one can only imagine the farce it will turn in to.

Don't forget folks: If the DWP are mandating you to attend outside of your normal signing on day, claim back your travel expenses in full.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

They always gave me a bus pass for my next appointment with a4e. OTOH my mate who is with Igneus doesn't get any.

You mate really needs to kick up a stink about that if he is presenting bus tickets for a refund - Complaints should be addressed to Ingeus head office AND the DWP. Make 'em pay. It is your right.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

You mate really needs to kick up a stink about that if he is presenting bus tickets for a refund - Complaints should be addressed to Ingeus head office AND the DWP. Make 'em pay. It is your right.

I just emailed him. He has been kicked off the dole as well, because he was in hospital earlier in the year and didn't register as ill with the JC which generated the sanction. Maybe he can claim his travel from them to keep him going because he has no money.

The DWP have produced a load of documents spelling out what exactly should happen to the WP returners. Thanks to J Roberts and Freedom of Information these can all be read from here:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/exit_reports_hit_squads_and_the#incoming-403920

I found the PWPS Guidance v3 13 05 29.pdf particularly useful and also the training given to DWP advisers Learning for WSD frontline staff v4 0 2013 05 31.ppt

Be one step ahead of them - do a bit of reading.

Basically it is up to the adviser to sort the sheep from the goats. The goats being those with no recent work experience etc. who are consigned to the Mandatory Intervention Regime (MIR). During the trailblazer this was known as "Ongoing Case Management". Basically it's the "hit squad" approach.

I quote:

The sheep get sent back for normal JCP processing.

Be warned though:

Whereas JCP Front Line Advisers may have been promoted into a role, where they may delude themselves with the belief that they can separate "Sheep" from "Goats", the likelihood is that they will not be Professional Careers Advisers and are unlikely to possess any higher level of competence than any other JCP Front Line Adviser.

Just read that little lot..some very intimidating 'turns of phrase' used, for example a section telling you about sanctions has the line 'This is just to let you know what might happen to you in the future'. Veiled threat or what!

The line about 'activities must be reasonable' will be one which we'll be using a lot, I think.

I'd recommend everyone read this lot and have copies with them at their initial interview - even if just to warn the JC advisor that we know what they know.

Why are they trying to get people on ESA WRAG into work when thye've been found unfit for work?

More money for them and someone is signed off ESA WRAG

Unfit for work is a term many avoid even if you are dying or stuff