• Tweets

• I'll take a look in the loft - bear in mind it's 10-12 years ago, and we've had an extension built up there recently so hopefully I can find the folders they're in! 
    • Okay. Very scientific – but I think you have zero chance of getting if you take it to court. I think you will have to show actual loss and the court will think that you are trying to make a money grab. There could be a chance if you play very carefully to get 900 quid instead of the service – but that would be the maximum. If you bring a County Court action then I'm certain that you will win but the entire dispute will have done to a question of how much you are entitled to receive by way of compensation. It's up to you. If you want to see for £1900 then we will help you. However, you have to pay a claim fee based on the £1900 claim and then hearing fee based on the same amount if you go to trial. If I am right that you are awarded less then any costs you might be awarded will be based on the amount wanted to you – and not the value of your claim. I think you should be a bit more careful and realistic about what you want to claim – but it's up to you.
    • My story starts with being issued a windscreen PCN on 8/3/24 which was almost immediately removed and a second  PCN was then  sent by post on 13/3/24  [deemed delivered 15/3/24] which I did not receive and had to send an sar to have that particular mess revealed later  but that is not the reason for my complaint. UKPC then sent a Keeper Liability Notice dated 12/4/24 warning me that as 28 days have now elapsed, I as keeper am now liable for the charge.  This is in direct contravention of PoFA since the keeper does not become liable to pay until the day after the original PCN is deemed to have been given which would have been 13/4/24 -a Saturday ]. Not only does it not comply with PoFA but it fails to adhere to your Code of Practice and is in breach of their agreement with the DVLA.  I have included copies of both Notices for information. You will realise the seriousness of this situation if this is standard practice from the UKPCM to all motorists or just those where windscreen tickets are involved since the Law regarding PoFA is being abused and it is unfair to misguide motorists. I await your  response which I understand will usually be within a week.
    • It probably deletes after a certain time. What a shame you did not check at the time. However I have no doubt that there was a PCN envelope under your windscreen wiper  as shown quite clearly on one of the photographs. . It would seem strange that it was placed there empty hence the reason I stated a second Notice was issued [though not necessarily sent. As I said in that letter to IPC that was not what the complaint was about and probably  IPC will ask about that at the same time if they accept you  going direct to IPC for the other matter. It is immaterial how many original PCNs were issued or not issued. You are able to show the two that you have from their sar one of which coincides with the one you received in the post and that is the one that does not agree with the date times of PoFA. Thus breaching not only the Act, but also the IPC  Code of Conduct and the ability of UKPCM to obtain data from the DVLA. So leave that part of the letter as good to go. However as it is as Dave [Thank you Dave!} pointed out that it is UKPCM and not UKPCI have amended the letter and posted it below.
    • Just under half of young savers put away at least 20% of their monthly income, compared to just 12% of 45- to 54-year-olds.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

work programme after 2 years

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

2 year work programme! Whaaaaa? When i did it, it was for 3 months in scope. How long do you have to be on job seekers for before this happens? 2 years take the ****!

I think if I remember right under 25s 3/6mths on JSA then they go on 2yr programme over 25, 12mths on JSA then they go on programme.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I remember right under 25s 3/6mths on JSA then they go on 2yr programme over 25, 12mths on JSA then they go on programme.

Unless it's changed, it was 9 months for under 25s when I was sent on the work programme. (September 2011)

well - that was that!

I went to my exit review, along with 20 to 25 other people ,my provider had failed to find work for during the 2 years on the scheme.

there where 3 members of staff trying to get us to sign up to yet another scheme, 'to identify our current opportunities, weaknesses and problems, in order to come up with a programme to combat them'. I asked them if that was what the Workfare scheme should have done in the past 2 years, to which they ummed and arred.

Hijacking the meeting, I said I was not interested, and if the sales pitch was it, could I leave, as I was under the impression it was an exit review. one of the staff checked with the office, and said that all we had to do for the exit review was put our names, date of birth, phone numbers and email addresses on an individual piece of paper, and we could leave.... I and around 15 others who had brought our own pens did, and left after claiming out travel expenses.

So! my exit review was not a review, it was a sales pitch for them to get you to sign up to yet another 12 month 'free' course, funded by the councils, which duplicated what they should have done on the work programme... apart from providing them with job seeker activities.

the sales people, and those in the office had no idea what is after the work programme. a couple of other participants said it was a 1 to 1 under a DWP advisor, instead of the 20 second normal signing activity, every 2 weeks, but I wait with baited breath..

anything cannot be as bad as the work programme, as even if I start it again, I know more now than I did in the beginning, so can stand up for my rights...

well - that was that!

I went to my exit review, along with 20 to 25 other people ,my provider had failed to find work for during the 2 years on the scheme.

there where 3 members of staff trying to get us to sign up to yet another scheme, 'to identify our current opportunities, weaknesses and problems, in order to come up with a programme to combat them'. I asked them if that was what the Workfare scheme should have done in the past 2 years, to which they ummed and arred.

Hijacking the meeting, I said I was not interested, and if the sales pitch was it, could I leave, as I was under the impression it was an exit review. one of the staff checked with the office, and said that all we had to do for the exit review was put our names, date of birth, phone numbers and email addresses on an individual piece of paper, and we could leave.... I and around 15 others who had brought our own pens did, and left after claiming out travel expenses.

So! my exit review was not a review, it was a sales pitch for them to get you to sign up to yet another 12 month 'free' course, funded by the councils, which duplicated what they should have done on the work programme... apart from providing them with job seeker activities.

the sales people, and those in the office had no idea what is after the work programme. a couple of other participants said it was a 1 to 1 under a DWP advisor, instead of the 20 second normal signing activity, every 2 weeks, but I wait with baited breath..

anything cannot be as bad as the work programme, as even if I start it again, I know more now than I did in the beginning, so can stand up for my rights...

Hi Cubert,

The chap I used to see for the signing at the JCP changed he was great, the new chap I've had for the last three signings grills me and goes through my jobsearch will a fine toothed comb. My signing I wish was less than a minute-it's now 10 mins minimum! Due to finish WP 4th July.

well - that was that!

Perhaps you should have signed the Welfare To Work Clerks onto a programme to address their own deficiencies, particularly their evidential failure to develop contact within Employer Networks, and to exploit those contacts to arrange face to face interviews with candidates, rather than indulge the misguided belief that the candidate was at fault.

However, I am surprised that any candidate in attendance would indulge any request for personal details (name, date of birth, phone number, email address) given that the drone would already have access to this information.

Edited by citizenB

I am surprised that any candidate in attendance would indulge any request for personal details (name, date of birth, phone number, email address) given that the drone would already have access to this information.

I did think about it, but only gave my landline to their likes, as I do not give my mobile out to anyone, apart from friends. I have call recognition, so can ignore them, and even put then in my spam pile.

Edited by citizenB

I did think about it, but only gave my landline to their likes, as I do not give my mobile out to anyone, apart from friends. I have call recognition, so can ignore them, and even put then in my spam pile.

I dont give my mobile number out to anyone at job centre or Ingeus i told them when they asked. i couldnt afford to run a mobile :wink:

I dont give my mobile number out to anyone at job centre or Ingeus i told them when they asked. i couldnt afford to run a mobile :wink:

Yeah,

I told them to change my mobile cause I couldn't afford it any more (lie) to my landline so I don't have voicemails telling me to attend crapp.... they can send me a letter.

Perhaps you should have signed the Welfare To Work Clerks onto a programme to address their own deficiencies

On one visit, got handed a list of "courses" run by the provider - Basic CV writing, rudimentary maths, and top of the list, a four week course on basic english grammar and spelling... Handed that one back to the "adviser" and suggested that he, and some of his colleagues would benefit more from that particular "course".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

As far as the DWP are concerned, I tell them (on the jobs log book / form) every time I receive an automated job search email, and if I apply for a job from it or not... it is still a job search activity, even if there is a negative result.

I receive 6 automated messages a day, but check them every 2 to 3 days. it means that, without trying ( or getting out of bed) , I do at least 72 job search actions per 2 week period. I am obligated to do 3 per week, but I expect that will change when I do what ever is next.

Yeah,

I told them to change my mobile cause I couldn't afford it any more (lie) to my landline so I don't have voicemails telling me to attend crapp.... they can send me a letter.

They have only ever had my landline number, i know several people who get pestered weekly on their mobile by the JC and ingeus etc.

When ever i go on a course or anything my mobile is in my pocket switched on silent.

good luck to my provider on commenting on my time with them. - over my 2 years, my previous 3 'advisors' left the company, and were replaced. my latest a new employee, I met once - 4 weeks ago. he or they cancelled my last appointment with him, and did not let me know until I was there.

when I next sign at the DWP, I will make enquiries to see if I have really finished the WP, as my exit 'interview' was strange! (as mentioned above)!

I think the providers and DWP may be about to encounter a few problems with their "exit report".

http://watchinga4e.blogspot.co.uk/

Yes, I'm sure it's one document neither the WP nor the DWP would like us to see! Make you you ALL get your copy of it..and also ask to see the DWP's copy too, to make sure they're identical.

Also - make sure you put your comments about the WP on the form too. If they haven't given space for this (and I bet they haven't) then attach a seperate sheet. I'm sure some people will just be glad it's all over and not bother to make any comments on the WP but it's very important that people do - that's the only way things will ever change.

The nightmare begins after the 2 year WP is up.I've been told by someone that it will be a daily visit to DWP office, if they offer you a job and you refuse it you will be given a 3 month sanction.The daily visit to the dWP is compulsory because they said that if you were working you would be going to work daily. Yes and you'd be getting paid monthly and able to afford daily bus fares.

well - that was that!

Hi Cubert,

The chap I used to see for the signing at the JCP changed he was great, the new chap I've had for the last three signings grills me and goes through my jobsearch will a fine toothed comb. My signing I wish was less than a minute-it's now 10 mins minimum! Due to finish WP 4th July.

It seems that things are about to get tougher for those leaving the two year WP.I've been told that those leaving the WP will be made to go to the DWP office on a daily basis and any job offer refused will result in 3 month sanctions.The reason we must go to the DWP on a daily basis is because if we were working we would be going to work daily.

The nightmare begins after the 2 year WP is up.I've been told by someone that it will be a daily visit to DWP office, if they offer you a job and you refuse it you will be given a 3 month sanction.The daily visit to the dWP is compulsory because they said that if you were working you would be going to work daily. Yes and you'd be getting paid monthly and able to afford daily bus fares.

surely the bus fair will be refunded,if not thats another £20 of my pittance along with the council tax and bedroom tax,ill be left with £32 a week to live on.

if they offer you a job and you refuse it you will be given a 3 month sanction.

Which job? I was never offered a job by the Yob Centre.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

According to a June 3 2013 press release

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-details-of-post-work-programme-support

Work Programme leavers targeted by specialist advisers as part of a tough approach to get them into a job.

Work Programme leavers will be targeted by a hit squad of specialist advisers as part of a tough approach to get them into a job.

Up to 5 specialist advisers will be based in individual Jobcentres dedicated to working with people not in sustained work after 2 years on the Work Programme.

Claimants will be given an end-of-term report from their Work Programme provider assessing what progress they have made and their ongoing needs, to inform their new adviser before facing the toughest Jobcentre regime to help them find work. At their first appointment they will have to agree a binding back-to-work plan laying out what they are required to do.

Minister for Employment Mark Hoban said:

The Work Programme is getting some of the hardest to help claimants into work despite a tough economic climate.

We always knew that there would be some who would require further support after the Work Programme, which is why we’re introducing this intensive and uncompromising regime.

We’ll be stepping up the pressure on claimants, who will be expected to attend the Jobcentre more frequently, with rigorous monitoring to ensure they are doing everything they can to find work.

Claimants will be expected to be on a training scheme, Mandatory Work Activity placement or intensive work preparation within days of finishing on the Work Programme – losing their benefit if they fail to comply. An extra £30m will be available to pay for extra training and specialist help to prepare them for work, for instance counselling for people dependent on drug and alcohol.

Claimants will also have to attend the Jobcentre far more frequently than other jobseekers, with weekly signing on being routine and some people being required to meet their adviser every day.

The advisers, who will be focused on working with those returning from the Work Programme, will take a tough approach to monitoring whether claimants are sticking to their plan with anyone failing to participate losing their benefits.

The programme comes after Jobcentres involved in a trailblazer found that claimants targeted by an intensive approach were much less likely to stay on benefit.

Every Work Programme returner will also be required to register with Universal Jobmatch to aid work search and job matching. This will allow their adviser to check their work search activity online should the claimant give permission.

The tough sanctions regime will see anyone failing to comply with mandatory activity lose benefit for 4 weeks for a first failure, with penalties of up to 3 years for serial offenders.

The intensive support will last for 6 months, and will be used for all Jobseeker’s Allowance claimants returning from the Work Programme who need more intensive support.

If you are the only member of your Job Centre who is coming off the Work Programme, then you might be required to attend daily. However, depending on the volume of candidates, I suspect that attendance once every week would be reasonable.

According to a June 3 2013 press release

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-details-of-post-work-programme-support

If you are the only member of your Job Centre who is coming off the Work Programme, then you might be required to attend daily. However, depending on the volume of candidates, I suspect that attendance once every week would be reasonable.

Considering the failure rate last year then they would need to employ loads of people for the ones coming away from this failure of a scheme so I think it'll be either once a week or fortnightly

I was told by my 8th advisor last week that when I finish I will be sent back to the JC and put on this mandatory work programme thing, but he said he didn't have all the details as they had just been told that day, Now I did voluntary work few years back and it was with a charity funded community centre as that is the only kind of place to can volunteer at, the whole time I was told off the JC to leave, now they want us all to work for free again, and where will all these charity funded places pop up from or will the rules change now and big companies will get free workers in to do the jobs that we all have been looking for in the last 2yrs on work programme that weren't available....drives me mad...hate Ingeus with a passion the place drags me into a depression every time I have to go there.

I was told by my 8th advisor last week that when I finish I will be sent back to the JC and put on this mandatory work programme thing, but he said he didn't have all the details as they had just been told that day, Now I did voluntary work few years back and it was with a charity funded community centre as that is the only kind of place to can volunteer at, the whole time I was told off the JC to leave, now they want us all to work for free again, and where will all these charity funded places pop up from or will the rules change now and big companies will get free workers in to do the jobs that we all have been looking for in the last 2yrs on work programme that weren't available....drives me mad...hate Ingeus with a passion the place drags me into a depression every time I have to go there.

most people who attend the work program hate it me included, but they want you to hate it ,so you will do anything to get a job,only thing is there aint any,and they know it.

most people who attend the work program hate it me included, but they want you to hate it ,so you will do anything to get a job,only thing is there aint any,and they know it.

I wouldn't mind if every week when I go there I was given by my advisor a list of live jobs in the area that I am looking for, at least then they are trying, but no my first 7 advisors hardly ever spoke to them they just made me do job searches on the slow PCs now i am on my 8th advisor, when I met him for the 1st time last week he was 15mins late and because I pulled him up on it he is making me do a CV drop into stores and to obtain contact numbers so he can check up on the CV drops and he wants me to travel to 3 or 4 areas which will take more than one day to achieve, which of course means bus fares which i just don't have as i am a single mum and don't have money to spare, was also told he was being nice to me and could if he wanted to double the amount of CVs he wanted done. I have applied for a couple of jobs today i just hope one of those comes through for me as this place is draining my personality...i used to be a happy lass ha.