Blast From The Past

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's not deliberate happens purely because there is no one with sufficient nouse to realise what is being sent out is utter bowlocks:madgrin:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Fredericksons have now responded to my CCA request from 2008, advised account passed back to Co-Op and enclosed a handwritten cheque for £1 for me !

Lowell acknowledge CCA and will come back to me ...... sent an SAR to them this week too to keep them busy !!

They only have 12+2 days. Send them the dispute letter and ignore their silly pleas for more time.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They only have 12+2 days. Send them the dispute letter and ignore their silly pleas for more time.

12+2 Working days so weekends & Bank Hols are excluded from the time scale.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

12+2 Working days so weekends & Bank Hols are excluded from the time scale.

yup

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not sure who you were talking to,but if Lowells have said it will suspend collection activities is there any point in sending a dispute letter?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

As Fredrickson have returned the file, it's best now to put everything through to the Complaince Mnanger at the COOP.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick up date

- things have gone very quiet.

Still no CCA.

I SAR'd Lowells and they returned the £10 Postal Order as a gesture of goodwill 3 weeks ago !

They provided the information held and really i can't believe how little they have to be chasing debt.

It consists of a computer screen of name, number, address, default date (incorrect).

From this they send letters asking you to pay and that they will go to court ..... what with exactly ???

All I would say from this is challenge these people in confidence,

they have "brought" your name and a number and rely on a threatening letter to get you to pay .....

. in reality they don't know THAT much IMO

SB day draws ever nearer !

As an 'old hand CAGer' myself it doesn't surprise me that nothing much has changed since I was here on a daily basis....

All of my £28k worth of debts got written off as SB. Considering I was an original member of the old Cabot Fan Club (for those of you who remember us lol) it's not surprise that Cabot are the last company still trying to claim I owe them money. My 'debt' with Cabot was SB in 2011 yet they still maintain my £1.00 payment (in March 2007) for account info was a payment toward the account balance.

But seriously...what has changed ? Reading this thread makes me think nothing has.

Just hate every DCA out there

Sending SAR to a debt purchaser/ DCA is generally a pointless exercise even Lowell reailise that and that's why they returned the fee, debt is sold in bulk portfolio lots with liittle data other than the name of the debtor, contact details name of creditor and the amount owed.

Which is why it is always stated that a SAR goes to the original creditor.

Sending SAR to a debt purchaser/ DCA is generally a pointless exercise even Lowell reailise that and that's why they returned the fee, debt is sold in bulk portfolio lots with liittle data other than the name of the debtor, contact details name of creditor and the amount owed.

Which is why it is always stated that a SAR goes to the original creditor.

SAR to a debt buyer/DCA is only useful if you are sure of what you will receive, eg. evidence from their systems of the activity they have undertaken which may be central to your case.

I do miss all this!! :-D

As you've CCA'd Lowel, wait for them to default the request and then tell Fred to do

one or you'll report them. By which time the account will be SB. Shouldn't be too difficult

to walk this into SB in June..

But for now, the account is in dispute until the CCA request has been satisfied, which

I think we all know will end up being defaulted upon.

Good luck... :-)