tax credit compliance check

foolmum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully there is a link below:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/wtc7.pdf

I have not stated that Foolmum WILL be charged this amount but they can & have charged it to others.

dont worry i know that this is possible.

thankyou for your support. i know its individual cases but it helps to know the outcome of other peoples experiences xxc good and bad xxxx

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's best not to direct anyone to the 'worst case scenario' places albeit the intentions are well meant.OP is already at Def Com one so to speak,bless her.

So,,foolmum,,Dr has given you something to help,,make sure you take them regularly and that you keep your strength up by eating and drinking properly,sounds silly but you don't want to get ill on top of everything else do you?

You have been through so much,bless your heart,but you are still standing so you are stronger than you thought !! Like you said yourself,,baby steps,,tackle one thing at a time,and always pop on here if you need some moral support (and advice of course) :)

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

hi , have you any idea how much you will have to pay back,,,, am glad you went to your gp.

Things will get easier, your story so similar to mine, i told no one at work but i found it easier that way.

Glad you are eating , chin up xxx

Foolmum hasn't provided false information, she hasn't reported a change:

The 3k penalty is applied in the following cases:

"Giving the wrong information

If you've given the Tax Credit Office wrong information and you've been paid too much tax credits, they can charge you a penalty of up to £3,000.

The Tax Credit Office may charge a penalty if you gave wrong information:

deliberately - 'fraudulently' giving wrong information

because you didn't take enough care - 'negligently' giving wrong information

scotgal 

thanks everyone i hope when this is over i will be able to help another me xxx thankyou from the bottom of my heart.xxx i have ti wait fir copies of bills to come through. but i will wait to see the advisor first on the 5 feb...dont want to make things worse as im not in the best place at the moment....i know its not going to be oh yes we believe you job so it will be after i send that off that i think i will be worse waiting for the post xxxx

i know...ive never even stolen a sweet so this is hard a shaming .... im thinking the worse so anything after that is a bonus xxxxxx

must say the cab calmed me...just knowing as the man said the adviser will be able to speak the hmrc language. xxxx

Edited by foolmum

Scotgal68, I hope you are right but if HMRC deem you have been living as a couple (through lack of evidence) & should have made a joint claim they can/will treat that as 'not reporting a change'.

Foolmum, hopefully you won't get a fine & £3000 is the maximum they can charge - there is no guarantee that they will but like you say, it's better to know the worst consequences & anything less is a bonus.

Anyway, I hope it gets sorted in your favour - don't have the will to participate anymore, was trying to help by giving info re my experience but obviously others know better!

Edited by What should I do?

thanks wsid i know....i am coming to terms with a fine.....we all have different experiences. but as you stated it is a big prob i will get fined.... please dont be put off every bit of help could not only help me but anyone else who reads this and is going through the same . xxxx many thanks foolmum

so the fine is up to 3000 so lets hope . will the cba help me with payment plan for them.xxc

some good news iva for hubby might be lowered by about 80 per month....have to go to vote...at least we might be able to put a better offer...no equity in house so better news ......

Just an update from me. I received a letter today to say that HMRC have completed their checks and I am being fined £2040 for deliberately not informing them of my circumstances. I dont know where I am going to find the money from. Pay plan who manage my IVA are helping me with the overpayment and the fine as i dont want my IVA to fail. I have been lucky really but i just want to sort this out now and move on.

Does anyone know if the penalty they are charging will show up on a crb check? there is no mention of prosecution and i was never interviewed under caution or anything.

xx

they r investigating 2011 to 12 .... as ive said ive no proof... even though i paid everything...so up the creak without a paddle as to say... i admittted husband came back aug.....but we r not a couple r trying..im just a crying mess but what can i do cant argue with them they could make things worse and i cant cope with that......